NEWS

Stick-n-Shock Arrowheads

• 5 Replies

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« on: <11-27-14/0235:42> »
It might be a short question, but may also become something to put up for errata:

The arrowheads from R&G p. 24 don't mention replacing the inherent AP value of the weapon. Is this an intended distinction to the Stick-n-Shock rounds from CRB p. 434?
If it is really intended, it could allow to get to 12S(e) and AP -8 with a Heavy Crossbow or a Rating 9 bow. It's not that much when compared to Sniper Rifles, but it looks odd when you can only get to 12P AP -4 with Explosive Arrowheads on a Heavy Crossbow and 14P AP -4 on a rating 10 bow.

So what would you think?

8-bit

« Reply #1 on: <11-27-14/0957:01> »
99.999% sure it is supposed to replace the inherent AP of the weapon. I mean, it's not really piercing or exploding anymore, it's just making contact; the AP is from the electricity that gets discharged.

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-27-14/1009:39> »
I also think its a misprint. All other non magical electricity attacks get pen 5. I don't see why SnS arrows would be any different from SnS bullets
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <11-27-14/1247:31> »
My arrowheads table has a column labeled AP, where several arrowheads change the AP value of the attack.  Explosive heads are -1, Hammerheads are +2, Screamer heads are +6, and Stick-n-shock are -5.

I totally mis-read what you were talking about, Lucean.  Personally, I think that the Stick-n-shock arrowheads are supposed to replace the AP of the normal attack.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <11-28-14/0211:25> »
It's a pity. STR 10 is a bit far off, yet.
(Although after rereading the wording of armor modifications already excluded stick-n-shock as option against mil-spec, due to nonconductivity adding to armor and not just providing resistance dice.)

So it seems as if the bow will just provide an option to use against spirits with energy aura for my physically focused adept. Well, it's at least partial success.

8-bit

« Reply #5 on: <11-28-14/1145:36> »
Well, 12S(e) Stun damage isn't something to scoff at. Granted, Narcoject arrows are pretty good as well.