NEWS

Need help --> How to *try*(and fail) to kill a Tir Prince without dying

• 3 Replies

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« on: <10-23-14/0607:43> »
For those of you who don't find  walls of  text,mediocore english and newb shadowrun scenarios  repulsive...thank you in advance!
Anyway, you may ignore the wall of text and jump  to the QUESTION if you want :p

So one of my players is a half Greek/half Arab  Adept assassin who was saved from Tamanous  when he was an infant by the assassin Quietus ( that greek guy from assassins primer... I really liked his style).He is not very experienced, having completed one or two contracts in Europe and he is a newcomer to the UCAS.His mentor sent him to Seattle without telling him why.After a month or so, while trying to make  a living by running the shadows , he receives a message from Quietus that his next target is Prince Evan Parris, a Tir noble with many ties to the Telestrian megacorp.The Prince makes several trips every year to Seattle for reasons unknown.Each trip brings him to the Telestrian HQ in Seattle.The player can take his time,prepare accordingly for the heavy magical and mundane protection that the Prince enjoys and then make his move.

In truth, Quietus is dead for some time , and the Brotherhood of Darkness(which had contracted Quietus in the past...after all they shared some views on all things  evil) manipulates the PC.They have information that a powerful and dangerous magical artifact  is about to be found and they know that the man called Blackwing has encountered something similar in the past (Bottled Demon), so they need his info but they know that he will not help them willingly(as I see it , those files must be considered top secret within the Tir).They intend to send the PC against him and  they  expect him to fail.They will plant fake evidence that enemies within the Tir want Parris dead (after all, there MUST be some who want him dead--see below) hoping that this will drive him to chase ghosts, lure him out of the Tir protection and then create the right conditions for a little "chat" with him.

-If the player succeeds to survive his attempt on Blackwing's life and if he displays enough conviction and cunning the dark brotherhood will offer to Initiate him in the Invisible Way and hire him as a permanent asset.After all Quietus taught him to hate evil and follow the assassin's creed.

-The dark brotherhood will feed information to the player that one of his party members is an-ex Telestrian employee with a valid corporate SINN and they will urge him to take advantage of this situation.In my scenario, Prince Parris makes several trips to Seattle and as a former associate of James Telestrian has interests that lie within the megacorp.BTW the ex-Telestrian is the female elf rigger from that other topic and this is a good way to bring her closer to the Tir politics.Each faction may suffer reprisals from Blackwing for their imagined assault against him and they may choose to involve themselves in all of this.

QUESTION

I want to use the Tir politics as much as I can, but I am not very experienced with shadowrun lore.
Who would you say that makes more sense as a possible enemy of Prince Evan?Each option gives me the opportunity to introduce a different aspect of the elven political web.

-Green Lucifer who may hate Evan as the one who took the council seat in his stead as James Telestrian's man?After all those two had a fight back in the 50's

-James Telestrian who may think that Evan has become uncontrollable and starts to fear him?This choice will probably cause more paranoia to dear old Blackwing.

-Marie-Louise Telestrian who sees Evan as her father's powerful lapdog and wants to be rid of him?

-Lugh Surehand?Well this may seem totally stupid BUT Evan's son has ties to the rebels if I'm not mistaken.James wanted to overthrow Lugh and put Alejandro (Green Lucifer) in his seat.Who's to say that James and Evan didn't help the rebels chase Lugh away?If what I say is too stupid please ignore this option :)

« Last Edit: <10-23-14/0615:29> by Sabato Kuroi »

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <10-23-14/0648:11> »
... anyone who's ever met him?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Sabato Kuroi

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-23-14/0711:50> »
Well yes, but

a)I don't know anyone who's ever met him and

b)Who's powerful enough to chase Blackwing out of the Tir?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <10-23-14/0749:35> »
A) He was a shadowrunner in Seattle for years, and is featured in a couple of adventures; being the asshole he was, plenty of people.

B) Again, being the asshole he was, he's irriated plenty of people in his meteoric rise to power.  Any of the Telestrians; all of them, probably.  Military types; ex-Paladins; individuals in the Information Secretariat.

Honestly, for a run, do you really need the information?  Keeping the runners in the dark is a time-honored classic technique.  Doing so allows your players, especially the more knowledgeable ones, to start spinning conspiracies.  Pick one and run with it.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.