NEWS

IC: Urban Brawl -- scenario 1 (finished)

• 97 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #60 on: <12-28-10/0354:18> »
"We have to check up on her first. There's something wrong with her aura."
Stryker cautiously walks towards the desk, ready to react if any trouble awaits. He wants to take a look from up close, to be sure she can be moved. But before that, he turns to Brick for a second.
"Cover me, okay?"
And then approaches Tabby from the right side, his back to the wall.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #61 on: <12-28-10/1350:19> »
Brick moves to the top of the office, and readies the panther  I've got you.

(OOC:) Updated map attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: <12-28-10/1617:16> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <12-28-10/1426:53> »
@Stryker:
[OOC: Stryker's Perception roll: url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2818421/]Perception(2)+Intuition(5)+ Enhancements(3)+Sustaining(-2)+Actively looking for traps(2)= (10d6.hits(5)=2)[/url]]

You scan Tabby with the vision enhancers on your goggles and you don't see anything attached to her.  You see her little chest move up and down and her breathing is rather beleaguered.  The bags of her eyes are bluish-purple and her throat looks a little bloated.
« Last Edit: <12-28-10/1431:40> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #63 on: <12-28-10/1556:02> »
Stryker approaches the girl, holstering his gun, and kneeling by the chair.
"Great Living One, this looks bad. Brick, i don't think there's anyone here. They just left her... Bastards."
He clears his throat, takes of his right glove, and puts his hand on her forehead.
"I'll try healing her. This can't hurt..." he mutters, half to himself. "I need all the power i can get. That means no distractions..." With a sigh, he unravels the spell that was keeping him sharp and quick. As the last bits of Mana from the spell dissolve back into the Manastreams, he prepares to cast a healing spell.
Eyes closed, he touches the strings of Mana inside her, pushing the energy he can gather through his fingers, into her form.
Magic(4)+Spellcasting(5) Heal spell (9d6.hits(5)=1)
His effort doesn't do much, and leaves a slight ringing in his ears, and a headache, dulled by the bliss of a stim patch.

{Status: 1P and 4S(StimPatched) damage, no Wound penalty, no Sustaining penalty}
{Sustained spells: Armor F3, on Focus.}
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <12-28-10/1608:35> »
"I've got a med kit if that'll help."
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #65 on: <12-28-10/1612:04> »
"Great, mine is just the basic thing. And most of it is probably already half-expired. I'll just wait for the spell to kick in first."
Stryker watches the girl with caution, looking for any signs of recovery.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <12-28-10/1618:58> »
Brick reaches to his combat vest and pulls out his medkit, and backs toward the desk handing it to Styker.
"This should help get her on her feet again."
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #67 on: <12-28-10/1637:58> »
Stryker nods slightly, unpacking the medkit, and placing it's portable biomonitor on Tabby's arm, and rustling through the contents quickly.
"Thanks. It seems it's not my best day, when it comes to slingin' mojo." The last part he speaks with a heavy barrens slang-accent.
His hands are steady, mind focused, and purpose clear, he's not planning to do a quick wound-patching. Tabby needs serious medical attention, and he's going to do as much as he can...
Logic(4)+FirstAid(2)+Medkit(6)-1=11 (11d6.hits(5)=2)
But his skill isn't enough, it seems. He frowns, looking at his hands, and clenching his teeth.
"No, it's useless. I'm useless... I can hurt people, not heal them." He closes his eyes, sensing the spirit over his mental link, and let's it calm his mind.
Then he turns to Tabby, and gets back to work. "Just try again, you idiot." He thinks to himself.
Logic(4)+FirstAid(2)+Medkit(6)-3=9 (9d6.hits(5)=1)
And still, it's not enough. The elf just leans on the desk, almost bursting into tears.
Composure: Willpower(5)+Charisma(3) (8d6.hits(5)=3)
He manages to get back on his feet, with fists clenched until it hurts.
"Brick, please, take over. I can't. I'm no good at this. I'm a corp-trained killer-mage, not a healer..."
He walks to the door, avoiding Brick's gaze, hiding his feelings as hard, as he can. From the outside, he looks cold, detached...

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <12-28-10/1700:37> »
Brick's expression is one of surprise. He knew this kid's first run would be though on his nerves, but this was bad."Hey, Styker come back here." 
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #69 on: <12-28-10/1706:33> »
"No, Brick. I can't do anything right. I just don't know how." He takes position in the doorway, as a professional would, with his gun ready.
"Just help her. I can't. I wasn't trained for that..."
His eyes are still fixed on the warehouse interior, but he manages to shrug his shoulders.
"Sorry. I should have told you. Yeah, I've got 'issues'. Let me do what i was bred and trained for."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <12-28-10/1743:09> »
Brick turns back toward the desk and the girl. walking over to the med kit's biomonitor Brick figures all he can do is take one shot at making a difference in the girls condition before their time is up and they need to get the hell out of here.

Logic3 + Medkit rating 6 - 1 indoors = 8
(8d6.hits(5)=2)
Brick knows he hasn't done any good, but theres nothing he can do for her other than get her out of here and to a doctor, before any other problems arise. Brick packs up the medkit and replaces it on his vest, then the panther and slings it over his back. Brick pulls out his Ingram Smartgun."Don't worry little one, we'll get you out of here, and get you some help.", Brick heads for the doorway and Styker. Once at the door, Brick looks Styker in the eye "Look, Styker, don't focus on what you can't do. Focus on the JOB. If we can't heal her, lets get her somewhere someone can ok?
« Last Edit: <12-29-10/1513:32> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #71 on: <12-29-10/0352:50> »
"Yes. Let's get her out of here. But not through the front door, okay? You want me to carry her? I can Levitate her if needed, this way we don't risk hurting her further. Or do you want to carry her?"
Stryker looks away from Brick, obviously ashamed of his outburst, and still shaken.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <12-29-10/0539:32> »
Brick turns to Styker."She'll be better in your hands. You don't look like a monster and I'm a bigger shield than you." Brick grins and then looks up toward the windows. "Can you get us up to the windows to get us out? cause I don't think there are anymore doors in this place."
« Last Edit: <12-29-10/0541:22> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #73 on: <12-29-10/0835:44> »
"I can do that."
Stryker walks back to the desk, feeling really weird. But at least he can focus on the task at hand.
He picks up Tabby carefully, cradling her in his arms, and begins to chant quietly. Word without meaning, in a rhythm that flows with magic.
Magic(4)+Spellcacting(5)=9 (9d6.hits(5)=3) Levitate at Force 2.
Willpower(5)+Intuition(5) at DV 2. (10d6.hits(5)=2) Drain Resistance, no damage.
Suddenly Brick feels lighter, slowly rising from the ground, and towards the window.
Magic(4)+Spellcasting(5)-2=7 (7d6.hits(5)=3) Levitate at Force 2.
Stryker continues to chant, his voice slowly fading, as he levitates with Tabby in his arms, following Brick.
Willpower(5)+Intuition(5) at DV 2 (10d6.hits(5)=4) Drain Resistance, no damage.
Without even breaking a sweat, he floats after Brick toward the window, trying to stay in his shadow, and covering the girl as much as he can.
"After you." His voice seems more lively now, as his emotions feel bland in comparison to the Mana rush. He feels strained, like after a long run, but strangely invigorated...

{Status: 1P and 4S(StimPatched) damage, no Wound penalty, -4 Sustaining penalty}
{Sustained spells: Armor F3, on Focus, Levitate(F2, 3 hits, Brick), Levitate(F2, 3 hits, Stryker.}

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <12-29-10/1318:03> »
Brick rises toward the windows, a little unnerved by the experience of being weightless. "you spell slinger's are something else omae." Once at the window Brick draws his monofilament sword and starts cutting, (assuming the glass isn't ballistic should be rating 1/1) (8d6.hits(5)=2) (forgot personalized grip +1 to melee combat) (1d6.hits(5)=1) (total of 3 successes, plus 7P =10P -1AP would beat the structure rating and armor rating entirely.) making a hole large enough for him to pass through and plenty large enough for Styker. Brick smiles at the handiwork and then grabs hold of a nearby rafter and kicks out the material that hasn't fallen. "I'll go first. make sure we're clear."

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: <12-29-10/1546:18> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm