NEWS

Run and Gun Grenader Adept Dwarf

• 6 Replies

bull30548

• Newb
« on: <08-25-14/0846:12> »
So I always liked the fluff that is in SR and love getting the books and reading the intros to the chapters cause it gives me a good idea of what is in the chapter.   So the end story at run and gun had me almost howling when I read it.  I wasn't laughing because of what or how it was written it just really reminded me of a character I had in 3E.  Anyway I was wondering if anyone had taken a stab at the dynamic duo of the Dwarf and Troll demo team?  It just me being curious is all if anyone has done this?
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-25-14/1012:24> »
Right there! They both are mundane though.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-25-14/1031:05> »
Thanks!
Okay that looked like it covered the troll but I still interested in the awakened Dwarf grenade thrower.
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1420:38> by bull30548 »
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-25-14/1554:47> »
Why don't you make one yourself?
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

8-bit

« Reply #4 on: <08-25-14/1717:35> »
I don't actually have a character sheet for the Dwarf Grenade Thrower, but it seems pretty straightforward to me. Metatype B, Attributes A, Magic C, Skills E, Resources D. He uses literally 0 weapons but grenades, so gotta have that maxed out in your skills. He has the following Adept Powers: Improved Reflexes (what rank is unsure, but you probably want 3), Mystic Armor (no idea what rank), Improved Skill (Grenades), Combat Sense (again, no idea what rank), and possibly Enhanced Accuracy (Grenades). Assuming you get Exceptional Attribute - Magic, you can get Improved Reflexes 2, Combat Sense 2, Mystic Armor 2, Improved Skill (Grenades) 4, Enhanced Accuracy (Grenades) 2. Exchange 2 levels of Improved Skill, or 1 level of Improved Skill and both levels of Enhanced Accuracy if you want Improved Reflexes 3. Well, you honestly can drop whatever you want, like you can drop Combat Sense to 1 and Mystic Armor to 1, or Combat Sense to 1 and 1 rank of Improved Skill; you get the point, if you want Improved Reflexes 3, it's not hard.

Gear seems to just be standard Armor Vest plus a hell of a lot of Grenades. You probably want a Fake SIN in there too, but that isn't covered in the story. Edit: I should clarify that he says 20 Grenades is packing light. He normally goes in with 36. He doesn't seem to use Smoke Grenades, so I'm assuming either 12 Flashbangs, 12 High-explosive, and 12 Fragmentation Grenades per run, or possibly 8 Flashbangs, 14 High-Explosive, and 14 Fragmentation Grenades. Like he says in the story, they sure as hell aren't quiet, but they are effective. It will cost you 18,000 nuyen to get 30 of each type of Grenade, which should hold you for a couple of runs at least, after which you need to resupply. As for other gear, that's up to you.

For Attributes, you probably want to max out Agility (or put it at one below, 5) and get a good Body, Willpower, and Strength. Finally, a good Intuiton and Reaction. Probably want something like this: Body 5, Agility 5, Reaction 4, Strength 7, Charisma 3, Intuition 5, Logic 3, Willpower 5. Swap out points from Strength to Body if you want a bulkier guy, since he doesn't use Strength that much. Just remember Strength determines range from Grenades.
« Last Edit: <08-25-14/1726:37> by 8-bit »

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-25-14/1909:00> »
Cool thanks again for the help I will definantly use this info as I wanted to design up a character or two before a con wanted to have something I might enjoy playing on hand especially if the gm lets me.
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

8-bit

« Reply #6 on: <08-25-14/2028:11> »
Actually, I was wrong about the Enhanced Accuracy part; Grenades don't have accuracy. Replace those 2 ranks with another rank in Improved Ability (turns out it's not Improved Skill either), as that helps you reduce scatter and land the grenade right on top of your target.