NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #75 on: <08-24-14/0209:17> »
Saving/postponing my interior monologue for later time so that it doesn't disrupt the flow of the action. Most if it can wait.

Well holy drek, there is a picture of a Rover in the book. I had it all wrong. Thanks for the description.

Per the IC description, it sounds like the Human and I are illuminated by (and possibly blinded by) the headlights, so I'm going to spend a Free Action texting/transmitting the request to turn them off. Then a Delaying Action to wait for that to happen so that we're not jumping up into a spotlight.

Correct, you are currently suffering from Blinding Glare (-6) while the headlights are on. But obviously only applies while you're standing in front of the van.

So, Masked Woman delays. That brings us to the Human.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #76 on: <08-24-14/0209:37> »
Ready to make a str related test to pull the crate out of the van. IF it feels like i might lose the crate when the van goes over, I'll spend edge on the roll to "push the limit"

You have Body 10 and Strength 8, which you used when you opened the back of the van. Your edge is 4. Although I'm extremely curious how you're planning to move to the front of the van to pull the crate out when your weight in the back of the van is the only thing keeping it from going over the cliff. You do not have the Common Sense positive quality, but I felt like pointing that out anyway.

i was unclear as to where exactly that crate was. I also dont remember opening the door. I remember someone asking me to, then i responded, "no. i aint movin from this spot. have the ork do it." but its all good. I'll get my bearings here sooner or later.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #77 on: <08-24-14/0218:22> »
Ready to make a str related test to pull the crate out of the van. IF it feels like i might lose the crate when the van goes over, I'll spend edge on the roll to "push the limit"

You have Body 10 and Strength 8, which you used when you opened the back of the van. Your edge is 4. Although I'm extremely curious how you're planning to move to the front of the van to pull the crate out when your weight in the back of the van is the only thing keeping it from going over the cliff. You do not have the Common Sense positive quality, but I felt like pointing that out anyway.

i was unclear as to where exactly that crate was. I also dont remember opening the door. I remember someone asking me to, then i responded, "no. i aint movin from this spot. have the ork do it." but its all good. I'll get my bearings here sooner or later.

Oh, you did? My mistake, I totally missed you refusing to open the door. Somebody posted their actions with the assumption you had opened it, so I rolled for you to break the door open. You didn't actually exit the van, though, since it would have gone overboard if you had.

Basically, the van is currently balancing on a point slightly behind the seats for the driver and the passenger. The crate is directly behind the passenger seat. You are standing directly in front of the rear door. Were you to step out of the van, or move closer to the crate, the balance would be shifted and the van would go over the cliff. The crate actually outweighs you, so if you get closer to it, it's gonna go and it'll take you with it.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #78 on: <08-24-14/0225:06> »
ok, IC post altered to reflect whats actually going on.

So ive been going back and reading the IC thread and MAN did i fuck it all up.

I've been operating under the assumption that this crate was somewhere else the whole time. Nearly every post i have is screwed up now.

ARG!
« Last Edit: <08-24-14/0230:12> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #79 on: <08-24-14/0231:00> »
Carrying Teamwork Test (Bod + Str) (14d6.hits(5)=6) for when Troll finishes mashing the car doors realises the crate is possibly more than 300kg, and even Str 9 is only throwing around 90-135kg plus hits.

Ditto on not being 100% clear on things, but I we're getting there.

*edit*

Ok; I'm still confused. I have a post I was going to go with. Put it down to family & cinema that it didn't go up earlier. Might be a good thing - from the sounds of it, the result would be one troll, car, and crate over the edge of where ever we are.
« Last Edit: <08-24-14/0253:03> by Novocrane »

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #80 on: <08-24-14/0234:43> »
In my defense, the Rover Model 2068 in Arsenal is an SUV wilderness vehicle instead of this RV-looking thing.

In Pointdexter's (and Novocrane's) defense, there's a ton of things going on and lots of players. I'm reading and re-reading to keep track of it all, only to find that four new messages have been added since then so I have to incorporate those into my understanding too. It's a ton of moving pieces. GrimWulf's head is going to explode when he tries to catch up.

Ryo, how far are The Masked Woman and The Human from the Rover? How much distance do we have to cover?

In other news, I'd like to give a shout-out to Ryo's word count for today, which is about 4,300, and still going. That's, what, 16-17 pages of text, plus how ever many dice rolls, plus whatever back-and-forth has been going on with PCs outside of the OOC and IC channels. Way to keep this thing moving. Prodigious output.
« Last Edit: <08-24-14/0239:04> by Tecumseh »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #81 on: <08-24-14/0252:52> »
Yeah, it gets hectic, and its totally understandable that confusion is happening. I expected it to be crazy and confusing at first, since nobody knew anything about what's going on. It is getting smoother as it goes along, though. We'll clear up matters soon.

The Masked Woman and the Human are each 10 meters from the rover, and probably about 5 meters from each other. You can easily cover the distance without even having to run.

Man, has it been that much? I haven't been keeping track. And yeah, there's been a lot outside OOC and IC. I did a whole Matrix combat through PM earlier.

I happen to work from home, and my job is very, very boring. I decided to start this PbP because I've had this story in my mind for ages, and I was really bored that day. I'm enjoying myself, and I'm curious to see how you guys respond to the mysteries as they unfold, and what weird directions you end up going in that I won't expect.

I'm especially looking forward to the point when the whole group is sitting in a room together and trying to figure out what they want to call eachother. I don't expect Masked Woman, Human, Crumpled Man and so on will have a long shelf life.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <08-24-14/0306:55> »
well, troll has already made himself a new callsign. :)
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <08-24-14/0307:03> »
Let's see if I can't get a diagram going.

/ŻŻŻ\           /ŻŻŻ\
      |     |         |     |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ\___/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ||ŻŻ\   /ŻŻ|
|                  ||ŻŻ|ŻŻŻ   |
|                  ||ŻŻ      /
|             Crate||Ork    /
| Troll       [   ]    /ŻŻŻŻ
|             [   ]   /
|_____________[___]__/
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} The Cliff
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The troll is in the very back of the van, the crate is right behind the passenger seat near the front of the cab, and the ork is in the cab, having tried and failed to budge the crate. The ork is currently dangling over the edge. Does this make it more clear?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #84 on: <08-24-14/0316:07> »
Let's see if I can't get a diagram going.

/ŻŻŻ\           /ŻŻŻ\
      |     |         |     |
|ŻŻŻŻŻŻ\___/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ||ŻŻ\   /ŻŻ|
|                  ||ŻŻ|ŻŻŻ   |
|                  ||ŻŻ      /
|             Crate||Ork    /
| Troll       [   ]    /ŻŻŻŻ
|             [   ]   /
|_____________[___]__/
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} The Cliff
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

The troll is in the very back of the van, the crate is right behind the passenger seat near the front of the cab, and the ork is in the cab, having tried and failed to budge the crate. The ork is currently dangling over the edge.

THIS here is my favorite thing ive seen on the internet all day.

thank you for this.

You have truly lightened my day in ways you cannot comprehend.

Does this make it more clear?

And yes, quite clear. I didnt realize the ork was still in the van. ok, my rope comment still stands. I believe i can pull the damn crate out so long as the rope is strong enough.
« Last Edit: <08-24-14/0318:37> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <08-24-14/0323:29> »
 ;D

That's perfect, and clearly deserves some ascii art props.

martinchaen

« Reply #86 on: <08-24-14/0324:01> »
I'll need to review tomorrow morning what I can use those hits for, but probably the firewall of the three links so i can start beating them down. I can't remember if I can tell if the guns are slaved, or what it would take to get that information, and I'd instinctively want to kill their comms anyway, so yeah, let's just go with Firewall of the links.

Also, will it be a free, simple, or a complex action send a message to the Pilot to tell it to turn the exterior lights off? If it's a free action I'll do that as soon as I get a chance after receiving the request.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #87 on: <08-24-14/0329:03> »
Happy to oblige! And speaking of rope, I totally forgot to mention that there was rope in the bag that had the gun parts. So yeah, that plan actually IS doable, because rope is actually available.

I'll need to review tomorrow morning what I can use those hits for, but probably the firewall of the three links so i can start beating them down. I can't remember if I can tell if the guns are slaved, or what it would take to get that information, and I'd instinctively want to kill their comms anyway, so yeah, let's just go with Firewall of the links.

Also, will it be a free, simple, or a complex action send a message to the Pilot to tell it to turn the exterior lights off? If it's a free action I'll do that as soon as I get a chance after receiving the request.

Alright, the three Comms have a Firewall of 4, 5 and 7. Telling if the guns are slaved would be an extra check, yeah.

As for turning off the lights, that's Control Device, and since there is no test associated with it, it'd be Electronic Warfare + Intuition [Sleaze] vs. Intuition + Firewall. It'd only be a Free Action though, since flipping a switch isn't hard.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <08-24-14/0340:32> »
Niiice.

I am enjoying the mystery and the slow assembly of my character sheet. Part of me wonders what it would be like if you only told us our dice pools, instead of the values for the attribute, skill, and modifiers, but that would be an undue burden on the GM to do all the calculations each time something needed to happen until the PC finally deduce their values.

The Masked Woman won't let the whole action phase go by without acting. She will go last, whether or not the Elf or the Crumpled Man manage to kill the Rover lights.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #89 on: <08-24-14/0353:41> »
Happy to oblige! And speaking of rope, I totally forgot to mention that there was rope in the bag that had the gun parts. So yeah, that plan actually IS doable, because rope is actually available.

hopefully, whoever found that bag brought it with em.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english