NEWS

[5e OOC] Tabula Rasa

• 559 Replies

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #180 on: <08-28-14/1456:47> »
@GM: What is the result of my musing about the medkit, do I remember how to use it? If yes, please roll a LOG(4) + First Aid(?) + medkit rating(4) – circumstances(3) for me, when I try to get the only living hunter to his senses. If no, I will leave the medkit to its job alone (rating*2 – circumstances dice pool).

You don't have the first aid skill. That was the first skill you attempted to use when you checked yourself for injuries. Medkit rating is 4, so it's rolling 5d6.

It gets 1 hit, not enough to remove any boxes. You also have a stim patch available, rating 3. That'll wake him right up.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #181 on: <08-28-14/1956:30> »
Using cyberware scanner on the unconscious hunter that isn't Reggie. I presume that The Masked Woman defaults on Electronic Warfare, but could be mistaken.

Scanner 8 - 1 Defaulting (?) = 3 hits

Patting him down just in case she's bad at the scanner.

Intuition 6 + Perception 3 = 4 hits

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #182 on: <08-28-14/2007:26> »
Using cyberware scanner on the unconscious hunter that isn't Reggie. I presume that The Masked Woman defaults on Electronic Warfare, but could be mistaken.

Scanner 8 - 1 Defaulting (?) = 3 hits

Patting him down just in case she's bad at the scanner.

Intuition 6 + Perception 3 = 4 hits

You would actually roll Perception + Intuition [Sensor] for the cyberware scanner. Using Electronic Warfare for a sensor test requires you have a Sensor Array, and would be Electronic Warfare + Logic [Sensor]. You do not, in fact, have Electronic Warfare.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #183 on: <08-28-14/2034:53> »
You do not, in fact, have Electronic Warfare.

I'm shocked. Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #184 on: <08-29-14/2024:21> »
So I assume you will all be hopping into the rover and driving off into the night in short order, on your way to Aspen. Nobody currently has marks on it, but the engine is still running, so you can drive it manually. It will probably take you around half an hour to get to Aspen.

The Ork will naturally gravitate towards the driver's seat and find he has Pilot Ground Craft 5.

Is anybody rolling for anything in that period? I know martinchaen is doing a matrix search on The Elf during that period. Anybody else?

Do you want to play out a conversation between you guys during the drive, or just skip ahead to the next event?

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #185 on: <08-29-14/2053:17> »
The Masked Woman would have been interested in taking the horns off the bear with her claymore. If it is too late, so it goes.

Ren (Human) was posed to wake up Reggie but never actually did so. We technically haven't "taken care of" Reggie or the other hunter, although I'm fine not explicitly RPing it.

While people are loading up, the Masked Woman would take a few seconds to scrub astral signatures from the area, including the Levitate spells.

The Masked Woman would be working on alchemical preparations for the duration of the drive. Ryo, how literal are you with the Contact trigger? Does the Masked Woman have to put the finished preparations/lynchpins in the pockets of those who might use them so that nothing else touches them first? Just give me some guidance on how to RP it.

The first preparation would be Heal preparation for The Crumpled Man. This is my first dance with Alchemy so please cut in if I have the steps wrong. Magic 6 + Alchemy 5 + Focus 2 + Mentor Spirit 2 = 15 dice.
Heal @ F5 = 5 hits

No resistance roll from the preparation due to the "Force - Alchemist's skill" houserule.  Preparation is complete with Force 5, Potency 5.

Drain = F5 - 4 + 2 command trigger = 3 stun
Soaking = 1 hit glitch, waa waa

Ryo, how are you handling Edge? Does it refresh every mission/scene or do you have a different approach? I'm guessing the consequence will be +2 drain but please let me know.

Applying it to The Crumpled Man with the command trigger:
Force 5 + Potency 5 = 0 hits

Well that was a bust. Can't spent Edge on this step so 0 hits it is. Five minutes of the drive have elapsed. The Masked Woman will try again, plus work on some other preparations, but I will wait for a ruling on the glitch and Edge before proceeding.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #186 on: <08-29-14/2105:20> »
Uncle Sam is gonna go through all the bags we took out of the van and try to piece together if anything seems like its his.
When that's done, reloading everything and making sure all my gear is in working order. Then, if there's still time, he'll be digging though his comm, trying to find out as much as he can about the job, the crate, and the johnson.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #187 on: <08-29-14/2113:48> »
The Masked Woman would have been interested in taking the horns off the bear with her claymore. If it is too late, so it goes.

Ren (Human) was posed to wake up Reggie but never actually did so. We technically haven't "taken care of" Reggie or the other hunter, although I'm fine not explicitly RPing it.

While people are loading up, the Masked Woman would take a few seconds to scrub astral signatures from the area, including the Levitate spells.

The Masked Woman would be working on alchemical preparations for the duration of the drive. Ryo, how literal are you with the Contact trigger? Does the Masked Woman have to put the finished preparations/lynchpins in the pockets of those who might use them so that nothing else touches them first? Just give me some guidance on how to RP it.

The first preparation would be Heal preparation for The Crumpled Man. This is my first dance with Alchemy so please cut in if I have the steps wrong. Magic 6 + Alchemy 5 + Focus 2 + Mentor Spirit 2 = 15 dice.
Heal @ F5 = 5 hits

No resistance roll from the preparation due to the "Force - Alchemist's skill" houserule.  Preparation is complete with Force 5, Potency 5.

Drain = F5 - 4 + 2 command trigger = 3 stun
Soaking = 1 hit glitch, waa waa

Ryo, how are you handling Edge? Does it refresh every mission/scene or do you have a different approach? I'm guessing the consequence will be +2 drain but please let me know.

Applying it to The Crumpled Man with the command trigger:
Force 5 + Potency 5 = 0 hits

Well that was a bust. Can't spent Edge on this step so 0 hits it is. Five minutes of the drive have elapsed. The Masked Woman will try again, plus work on some other preparations, but I will wait for a ruling on the glitch and Edge before proceeding.

Reggie will wake up if Ren decides to slap him with the slap patch. I'm not sure what he's planning to do with Reggie, so we'll see where that goes.

After you finish a Contact Preparation trigger, the first thing to touch it after you let go of it will set it off. You can store a Contact preparation in a pocket or a small bag or something like that, and touching the pocket or bag will not set it off, only direct contact between the person and the preparation. So if you're planning to give it to others, you'd either store your preparation in some kind of container to transfer it to others (probably best), or stash it in their pocket for them if a container isn't available.

It looks like you handled the rolls correctly.

I'm handling Edge roughly following the 'Regaining Edge' rules on page 56. You can regain edge in a variety of ways during play, with a minimum of 1 edge per day. Full edge will most likely refresh in-between missions/scenes, since multiple days are likely to pass.

The Masked Woman has 3 edge and can spend it to negate that glitch. If not, then yes,  +2 drain.

Holy crap that was crazy. 0 hits on 10 dice? I would normally refresh a point of Edge after shit luck like that, so I'll go ahead and say you spent a point to negate that previous glitch and still have 3.

Uncle Sam is gonna go through all the bags we took out of the van and try to piece together if anything seems like its his.
When that's done, reloading everything and making sure all my gear is in working order. Then, if there's still time, he'll be digging though his comm, trying to find out as much as he can about the job, the crate, and the johnson.

When he goes through the bags, he'll quickly find the one with the HK XM30 parts and gather that is his. Inside are all the spare parts for said gun, the stealth rope Crumpled tossed you to use on the crate, the catalyst stick for said rope, an Armorer Kit and a Demolitions kit, as well as various explosives.

You recognize a can(1 kg) of foam explosive, several types of detonators, a few sticks of dynamite, what looks like a home made bomb, and some det cord. You are very glad Crumpled Man did not confuse the Det cord for rope.

You realize you have Demolitions 4.

You go through your gear and will find it all in working order. I expect everyone is gonna have a 'I check my comm for stuff' thing, so I'll be posting up all that in the IC in one big post later, once everyone is in the rover and on their way to Aspen.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #188 on: <08-29-14/2139:14> »
Right then. Second dance, this time missing a die due to 3 boxes of stun (2 from just now + 1 previously from Magic Fingers drain).

Heal @ F5 = 5 hits
Soak = 6 hits
Preparation = 3 hits

3 boxes healed from The Crumpled Man. I think that brings him from 5 down to 2. Is there anyone else with Physical damage? I think the Elf might have 1 box but I don't recall anyone else with any off the top of my head.

Another five minutes pass. Will work on Increased Strength and Combat Sense preparations next but I'll roll those after dinner.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #189 on: <08-29-14/2150:36> »
Crumpled was at 6, and will be at 3 after you apply that preparation.

Ace, Ork, Elf and Dwarf all have Physical Damage.

Current damage boxes:

Uncle Sam:
P: [][][] [][][] [][][] [][][] [] {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
S: [][][] [][][] [][][] [][]
Ace:
P: [X][][] [][][] [][][] [][][] [][][] [][] {}{}{}{}{}
S: [][][] [][][] [][][] []
Ork:
P: [X][X][] [][][] [][][] [][] {}{}{}{}{}
Elf:
P: [X][X][X] [X][][] [][][] [] {}{}{}
S: [X][X][] [][][] [][][] [][]
Dwarf:
P: [X][X][X] [][][] [][][] [] {}{}{}
S: [X][X][X] [][][] [][][] [][]
Mask:
P: [][][] [][][] [][][] [][] {}{}{}{}{}
S: [X][X][X] [][][] [][][] [][]
Crumple:
P: [X][X][X] [][][] [][][] [][] {}{}{}

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #190 on: <08-29-14/2354:26> »
The Masked Woman will let the others use traditional First Aid first before she turns to Heal preparations.

Next, Increase Strength and Combat Sense. Going to use throwing knives as lynchpins as they can be placed in convenient Gear Access pockets in the Lined Coat.

Increase Strength (Command trigger) @ F4
Preparation = 4 hits
Soak 3S = 4 hits

Combat Sense (Contact trigger) @ F4
Preparation = 4 hits
Soak 5S = 4 hits, 1 stun

4 hits, 4 hits, nothing but 4 hits. She might roll some bigger preparations right before the team gets some rest so that she can sleep off the drain. Now at 4 boxes.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #191 on: <08-30-14/0441:28> »
Sorry for the delay, last two days were crazy busy. I will also have my hads full in the weekend, so i will post some IC now, and hopefully i will have time to post once (or optimally, twice) more in the next 48 hours.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

martinchaen

« Reply #192 on: <08-31-14/0944:03> »
Susan (aka The Elf, aka APB) will examine the links physically one by one before attempting to switch them on; let me know if you want a hardware roll for each.
Hardware [7]: 11d6t5: 4 [11d6t5=6, 3, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4, 1, 3, 6, 4]

How are we handling repairing Matrix damage? Is it enough to just repair a single box to restore a bricked device to a functioning state, or do we have to repair the matrix condition monitor completely?

Since I'm busy searching I'll be asking the others if any of them have any hardware skills. I believe 2 of the links were bricked by yours truly, so I'll take a look at the two others. I'm guessing I'll need a single MARK on each to be able to browse for information?

Let me know how much I can do while/in between searching for info on myself.

EDIT:
Hey Ryo, no bonus to resist cold for sitting inside the vehicle? I would have assumed I'd have turned the heaters on once I got inside, even if that wasn't specifically stated.

Also, to everyone else with First Aid; anyone care to take a look at the Elf? She's asked a few times if anyone has any pain killers.

EDIT2:
Also, APB can use those Light Pistol rounds. Just saying :)
« Last Edit: <08-31-14/1135:20> by martinchaen »

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #193 on: <08-31-14/1542:20> »
Susan (aka The Elf, aka APB) will examine the links physically one by one before attempting to switch them on; let me know if you want a hardware roll for each.
Hardware [7]: 11d6t5: 4 [11d6t5=6, 3, 5, 2, 6, 4, 4, 1, 3, 6, 4]

How are we handling repairing Matrix damage? Is it enough to just repair a single box to restore a bricked device to a functioning state, or do we have to repair the matrix condition monitor completely?

One box is enough, yes. As long as a device isn't completely bricked, it functions normally. As you stated, two of the links have been bricked, namely a Renraku Sensei and the Erika Elite. The other two are fine.

Since I'm busy searching I'll be asking the others if any of them have any hardware skills. I believe 2 of the links were bricked by yours truly, so I'll take a look at the two others. I'm guessing I'll need a single MARK on each to be able to browse for information?

Let me know how much I can do while/in between searching for info on myself.

Yes, you'll need at least one mark on the commlink to look through it. You can't run a second Matrix Search, or anything that's an extended test, but some basic rolls while you're basically glancing away from the search you're running is fine.

EDIT:
Hey Ryo, no bonus to resist cold for sitting inside the vehicle? I would have assumed I'd have turned the heaters on once I got inside, even if that wasn't specifically stated.

Heater doesn't do much when most of the doors are wide open, especially the rear hatch and side door.

martinchaen

« Reply #194 on: <08-31-14/1638:35> »
One box is enough, yes. As long as a device isn't completely bricked, it functions normally. As you stated, two of the links have been bricked, namely a Renraku Sensei and the Erika Elite. The other two are fine.
Cool; I'll leave fixing those two to someone else, or for later then. With 3 net hits on my own search it should only take (60min base / 3 net hits) = 20 minutes, right?

Yes, you'll need at least one mark on the commlink to look through it. You can't run a second Matrix Search, or anything that's an extended test, but some basic rolls while you're basically glancing away from the search you're running is fine.
Roger that. Rolling for some hacking unless I can buy the hits. Up to you.

Heater doesn't do much when most of the doors are wide open, especially the rear hatch and side door.
Being a Norwegian who've seen my share of -40 degree weather I'd argue against that logic, but it's all good ;)
« Last Edit: <08-31-14/1644:19> by martinchaen »

Register