NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #990 on: <01-22-15/2000:36> »
@gilga - thanks very much.

I am seriously not trying to rain on your parade!
And I am actually a total fluff-aholic when i IC post myself.

I guess the key is to keep the fluff self-contained to your own character - you can see how, when Alicia has negotiated a cease-fire, the guns blazing part has serious externalities!
Everything but that one line would have been fine.

And thanks very much for the clarification on what you are doing!

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #991 on: <01-23-15/0007:48> »
Finished reading Circus Train IC Thread. My two favorite parts were the conversation with Frenchie about the City of Lights and the big fat naked wet sumo guy. :P
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #992 on: <01-23-15/2012:48> »
I would just like to go ahead and apologize for my rather lackluster attention to this. I haven't been paying much attention to this thread  as I should, and my RP has been lackluster as well. I've been in a huge rut lately, and I also have been still having trouble adapting to Shadowrun, and also joining mid-campaign may have been a mistake. I'll try to do better in the future
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

adamu

« Reply #993 on: <01-24-15/1717:49> »
I would just like to go ahead and apologize for my rather lackluster attention to this. I haven't been paying much attention to this thread  as I should, and my RP has been lackluster as well. I've been in a huge rut lately, and I also have been still having trouble adapting to Shadowrun, and also joining mid-campaign may have been a mistake. I'll try to do better in the future

Well, thanks for that, but I hadn't noticed any problem.

If we've been seeing your JV game, well, looking forward to the varsity!

adamu

« Reply #994 on: <01-24-15/1735:55> »
Okay everyone, ICed the situation.

Not currently on initiative, and anyone free to act.

We'll jump back to second-by-second combat time if either side initiates any hostilities.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #995 on: <01-25-15/0604:21> »
just summarizing previous post so it is easily accessible:
 sneak (jumped in)
logic 8+ 2 control rig + 2 hot sim -1 (defaulting)  = 11
 sneak drone: 9d6t5 4 the limit is handling (4+2).
Rolled just 9, so lets add two more.  - thought to do dog brain but changed my mind.
2 additional dice: 2d6t5 1

The invisible drone is sneaking (5 hits), has -5 concealment, and additional 4 hits on invisibility.

Also - with 3 marks on the LAV can I open wireless so cutter can remove his commlink?
« Last Edit: <01-25-15/0937:47> by gilga »

adamu

« Reply #996 on: <01-26-15/1608:42> »
@gilga - yeah, no problem handing over to Cutter. The T-bird basically belongs to you guys now.

@all - okay, all welcome gradivus to the game!
His character's appearance on the scene - a bolt from the blue for both sides - was set up together with me.

In any case, it is on now…definitely need a fresh round of initiative rolls and combat action declarations from gradivus and from anyone else that wants to act at this time.

I am not a computer guy, as you all must know by now, so no graphic, I'm afraid. So I will try to describe locations as clearly as possible.

Consider the Seer as the Center of the scene, held by "feathered human" in a lightly wooded area just to the east of the clearing - he's called that because he has some Amerind-style feathers hanging from a headband, along with some other traditional Native American gear.

Just a meter to the east of them are (1) "the man" who is a human, and he is not carrying a long arm, and he spoke to Ichiro - clearly opposition's leader - now reaching for a pistol, and (2) "the troll" who is not stepping ahead of "the man" (further east) to get between "the man" and Ichiro.
Ichiro is about five meters further to the east.

Just a few meters to the north of the seer is another metahuman - let's say "shadowy metahuman."

Dogmeat\s stealthy, concealed, invisible drone is right with that cluster, wherever gilga wants it to be.

So back to the west of the group, in the clearing, is Cutter in the T-bird, facing the action from just about five meters away. 

About forty meters north of all this is the drone that gilga previously spotted with his sensor sweep (based on last position seen, currently no one has eyes on).

And about twenty meters south of all this, also in the woods are "medic," "elf girl," and "long haired guy" (the one Ghost was facing off with over the rail coupling (based on last position seen, currently no one has eyes on).

Then, east of the clearing/tree line, is the train, with Alicia and her water spirit in car three, and Ghost (still with us, 8-bit???) outside the train at the coupling between cars 3 and 4. I guess Alicia's fire spirit is, well, wherever Saithor wants it to be.

If Lusis has a chance to rejoin us, Luz is sleeping peacefully in some supply closet in Car 3.

And then, just east of the train, is Dogmeat's little car, with Dogmeat inside, all protected by a spirit and some more drones (I leave it to gilga to keep track of all that!).

Alicia and Ghost, I am afraid, are currently not in a position to see much of what is going on. Alicia did have a view of the clearing, but now it is all obstructed by the T-bird and more trees as the action has moved further into the woods.

Everyone else can see most everything in the main scene.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Aside from role-playing fluff (always encouraged) that does not impact the combat, let's hold the IC now until we can get some initiative/actions resolved.

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #997 on: <01-26-15/1658:41> »
Normally, in my other PBP, the GM does all the dice rolling, what's the protocol here?

The distance is close enough that I'll just move into melee range of the troll, trying to keep him between me and the leader, and kick him using nerve strike (Dmg to AGI instead of Physical Monitor)....

My Initiative is 7+3d6
My Kick is AGI 7/Unarmed(Matrial Arts) 4(6)= 13 Dice plus/minus reach differential. Reach 1(Kick) Dmg 5 Acc 6 Pen -4

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #998 on: <01-26-15/1720:24> »
@gradivus here you roll for yourself.

Initiative: (data proccessing 4 + intuition 5 + 4d6)
: 9+4d6 27

Dogmeat decides to enter combat:

simple action 1: fire AK-977 single shot,  simple action 2 - order all drones (2 other roto drones + 1 horizon flying eye - to enter combat (I know will take them some time - still)
spirit stays with car.

Firing the feathered human using edge to push limit:

Logic 8 + gunnery 6 +2 ballistics + 2 control rig + 2 hot sim -2 invisibility spell  + 2 edge = 20 dice, no limit
: 20d6t5 9
Exploding sixes:
6's: 5d6t5 2
6's 2: 1d6t5 1
6's 3: 1d6t5 0

Overall 12 hits, DV 10, -2 ap  - does he  even get a defense roll ?
Otherwise its 22DV.

IC after you explain what happens - you can do so yourself;)

adamu - the LAV is still part of my PAN - just let cutter do some manual control. I can jump in when I want and override him. If he insists after combat I'll just let him have it. Right now, i don't think it is wise to give up such a a bad ass gunner like dogmeat - with such a powerful platform.
« Last Edit: <01-26-15/1741:29> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #999 on: <01-26-15/1824:33> »
My Initiative is a 19 which goes after my really fast friend but is it faster than the troll and leader?

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1000 on: <01-26-15/1859:03> »
We'll have to wait to the GM to tell ;)

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1001 on: <01-26-15/1907:59> »
Yes, of course, but somehow, even if I go before the troll, I don't think my 'kick' will be quite as spectacular as your shot.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1002 on: <01-26-15/1913:34> »
It is looking really bad they are 5 with reinforcement of 6 more, we are you me and cutter.
I hope we can win this thing.

1.Feathered human
2. the man
3. Ichrio – leader
4. the troll
5. shadowy metahuman

6.40 meters north drone
7. 20 meter south medic,
8. elf girl,
9. long haired guy

vs You, me cutter  -  and possibly alicia with 2 spirits.

adamu

« Reply #1003 on: <01-26-15/1916:38> »
yeah, totally fine with people rolling their own dice.
And I don't care if you use an online roller or just toss them on the table yourself and report.

What I do need is to see the rolls, lined up in the order you rolled them.

That way if there are negative penalties you don't know about I can just lop them off one end.

Also, great idea to throw out some defense rolls…just in case they are needed.

We'll give the other players a day or two to chime in, then I'll resolve the first phases.

As for the T-bird, yeah, Dogmeat probably could jump back in. And Cutter could hit the same manual switch the rigger did before, sending the whole thing offline.
I guess you guys will have to work that out betwixt yourselves!
For now, it's just action by action, with Cutter at the controls until actions determine otherwise.

adamu

« Reply #1004 on: <01-26-15/1918:26> »
It is looking really bad they are 5 with reinforcement of 6 more, we are you me and cutter.
I hope we can win this thing.

1.Feathered human
2. the man
3. Ichrio – leader
4. the troll
5. shadowy metahuman

6.40 meters north drone
7. 20 meter south medic,
8. elf girl,
9. long haired guy

vs You, me cutter  -  and possibly alicia with 2 spirits.

Your No. 3 Ichiro is gradvirus the oni. 
"The man" is the bad guys' leader.