NEWS

Massive multi-team 5th ed PbP Runner discussion thread.

• 155 Replies

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <08-19-14/0756:29> »
updated Johny's post. Though now the post makes very little sense seeing as how now my initial post has runner critique for a runner that doesn't exist there anymore. Would it be easier to start a new thread or have us post these intros in the GM thread or something?
Still want Johnny and Beast to be biker bros?
I could see Kohana trying to get Johnny to either start up his own gang ("Nonsense doing this solo, chummer. Need backup if'n you don't want some fraggers to gang up on you.") or getting him to join his own gang.

Edited the first post by myself that I could find with ASL for Beast.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Flicker

• Newb
« Reply #121 on: <08-19-14/1009:54> »
Updated Sharla "Cinder" Acosta

Shiniorigami

• Newb
  • Kickin' hoop and taking names.
« Reply #122 on: <08-19-14/1754:16> »
Alright. This is my first ever stab at a Shadowrun character, so be gentle! I happened to be designing her for a campaign when I found all this. Feedback would be amazing. Also, any ideas on where to take the backstory for her? I have some vague notions; for example, she was once a smuggler before she became a shadowrunner, but there is where it begins and ends. I kind of envision her like Taffy from Dollhouse, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

Prime Runner

Priorities:
A - Skills, 46/10
B - Attributes, 20
C - Metatype: Elf (3)
D - Resources, 50k nuyen
E - Magic: N/A

Body - 1/6 (+1) = 2/6
Agility - 2/7 (+2) = 4/7
Reaction - 1/6 (+4) = 5/6
Strength - 1/6  (+0) = 1/6
Willpower - 1/6 (+2) = 3/6
Logic - 1/6 (+2) = 3/6
Intuition - 1/6 (+3) = 4/6
Charisma - 3/8 (+5) = 8/8

Edge - 1/6 (+3) = 4/7 (+1 to max; lucky)
Essence - 6
Initiative - REA + INT

Racial Bonus: Low-light vision

Karma: 35 (starting) - 23 (lucky, first impressions) + 10 (allergy) + 15 (code of honor) - 30 (home ground: on the lam, you know a guy and the transporter) = 7 total

Positive Qualities
Lucky (+1 edge max, 11 karma)
First Impressions (+2 to the dice pool for social tests)
Home Ground: On the Lam (+2 intuition + knowledge to safely and quickly hide)
Home Ground: You Know a Guy (+2 street cred for negotiations on her home turf)
Home Ground: The Transporter (+2 to dice pool for evasion tests)

Negative Qualities -
Allergy: Common, Mild - Pollen (-2 dice for physical tests)
Code of Honor: Children

Skills -

46 skill points, 14 language & knowledge points

Active Skills -
Con 6/12
Impersonation 4/12
Etiquette 4/12
Negotiation 6/12
Perception 3/12
Tracking 4/12
Escape Artist 5/12
Pistols 4/12
Sneaking 5/12
Lockpicking 5/12

Knowledge & Language -

Corporate Politics 1
Street Gangs 1
[City] Knowledge 2
Smuggling Routes 2
Fences 1
World Politics 1
Sixth World History 1

English N
Sperethiel 2
German 2

Stuff -

Weapons:
Fichetti Security 600 (2)
Fichetti Tiffani Needler (1)
Concealable Holster (2)
Flechette Rounds (50)
Regular Rounds (100)
Smoke Grenades (25)

Clothing/Armor:
Evening Gowns (2)
Armored Clothing (1)

Gear:
Lockpick Set (2)
Respirator, Rating 6 (1)
Flashlight (2)
Survival Kit (2)
Climbing Gear (1)
DocWagon Contract, Gold (paid, 1 year)
Trauma Patch (5)

Contacts
Red Ruskovski, Fence - LOY 2, CON 4
Race: Elf

Martinique, Smuggler - LOY 3, CON 3
Race: Human

Alice Loyola, Arms Dealer - LOY 1, CON 1
Race: Ork

Derek Tachigawa, Fixer - LOY 3, CON 3
Race: Human

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <08-19-14/1814:51> »
One thing I have to ask, is the way of a magician's digital celerity enhancement Would this actually be "Light Touch" instead?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #124 on: <08-19-14/1822:00> »
Positive Qualities
Lucky (+1 edge max, 11 karma)
First Impressions (+2 to the dice pool for social tests)
Home Ground: On the Lam (+2 intuition + knowledge to safely and quickly hide)
Home Ground: You Know a Guy (+2 street cred for negotiations on her home turf)
Home Ground: The Transporter (+2 to dice pool for evasion tests)
I believe you are taking too many positive qualities, as I understand it the limit is 35 karma used on positive qualities for a prime runner.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #125 on: <08-19-14/2009:14> »
Updated Sharla "Cinder" Acosta

Looks good to me.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Shiniorigami

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: <08-19-14/2013:17> »
Oh! So the negative qualities don't balance it out? I thought by taking Code of Honor and a mild allergy, she'd be able to take on more positive qualities, but perhaps not.

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #127 on: <08-19-14/2020:41> »
Oh! So the negative qualities don't balance it out? I thought by taking Code of Honor and a mild allergy, she'd be able to take on more positive qualities, but perhaps not.
According to my understanding of the rules there is a hard cap for positive and negative qualities of 13, 25, 35 for street, standard and prime respectively.

@Marcus
Is there any chance that you could edit your first post (the one with the list of runners) if people sent you the direct link to there respective post in PM or something? Would be nice to have a centralized location from which to go to each concept post.
Or was that perhaps something that Poindexter had planned to do in the first post once people had gotten their post into a half way decent format?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <08-19-14/2116:58> »
Alright. This is my first ever stab at a Shadowrun character, so be gentle! I happened to be designing her for a campaign when I found all this. Feedback would be amazing. Also, any ideas on where to take the backstory for her? I have some vague notions; for example, she was once a smuggler before she became a shadowrunner, but there is where it begins and ends. I kind of envision her like Taffy from Dollhouse, if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

What is that that you want this character to do? State wise it looks like a face and a little infiltratorish, my suggestion is to take this to the character critique board, just cut and paste into a thread there, I'm happy to go over it here, but the critique board can be very helpful in shaping a concept into able to do exactly what you want it to do. Beyond the qualities thing which was already mentioned I don't see any system issues. I hope that helps.

@reyjinn I would be happy to.

If you balance qualities it just means you have the full 35 karma pool to spend else where, but the max amount of qualities you can take at prime is 35 (that's -35 and +35 which would total to 0 and give you the full 35. ).
Does that make sense?
Thinking
com
speaking

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #129 on: <08-19-14/2242:26> »
updated Johny's post. Though now the post makes very little sense seeing as how now my initial post has runner critique for a runner that doesn't exist there anymore. Would it be easier to start a new thread or have us post these intros in the GM thread or something?
Still want Johnny and Beast to be biker bros?
I could see Kohana trying to get Johnny to either start up his own gang ("Nonsense doing this solo, chummer. Need backup if'n you don't want some fraggers to gang up on you.") or getting him to join his own gang.

Edited the first post by myself that I could find with ASL for Beast.

Yeah i would love for them to be buddies. I took your gang leader contact, so it is easy to assume we've me and maybe done a few low level jobs together. Though it does seem like we would be starting a buddy cop movie and not a shadowrun XD
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Shiniorigami

• Newb
« Reply #130 on: <08-19-14/2253:32> »
@Marcus,

Makes total sense. And that sounds like a better idea. I was in a rush when I threw up the sheet. And yeah, I'm going for a face/infiltrator type of character. I'll have to rework the sheet tomorrow and post it in the critique thread.

Also, thank you as well @reyjinn.

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <08-19-14/2300:51> »
If you balance qualities it just means you have the full 35 karma pool to spend else where, but the max amount of qualities you can take at prime is 35 (that's -35 and +35 which would total to 0 and give you the full 35. ).
I'm not against house ruling it, but that's somewhat removed from what Prime Runners get with qualities and karma.

• Karma: Each player receives 35 Karma to customize characters (maximum of 70 Karma).

• Follow all other rules for Character Creation/Advancement as laid out in this chapter.

[...]

Additionally, at creation characters can only possess at most 25 Karma worth of Positive Qualities and 25 Karma worth of Negative Qualities.
There's no other way of gaining karma during chargen but to take negative qualities, but it doesn't automatically follow that the positive quality cap is increased.
« Last Edit: <08-19-14/2307:00> by Novocrane »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <08-20-14/0308:51> »
I'm not against house ruling it, but that's somewhat removed from what Prime Runners get with qualities and karma.

• Karma: Each player receives 35 Karma to customize characters (maximum of 70 Karma).

• Follow all other rules for Character Creation/Advancement as laid out in this chapter.

[...]

Additionally, at creation characters can only possess at most 25 Karma worth of Positive Qualities and 25 Karma worth of Negative Qualities.
There's no other way of gaining karma during chargen but to take negative qualities, but it doesn't automatically follow that the positive quality cap is increased.

Should a GM agree with you Novocrane I have no doubt they can speak up and correct this. But I can't see it working any other way consider 35+25 = 60 not 70 where as  35+35 does. Thus making Max 70 make sense.

I think there are plenty of unaddressed issue with prime, can they go above Alpha, can they use Cash to Karma? All things a GM needs to address should those questions arise. I don't have an opinion on those matters ether way, as they have no effect on my concept, but they could effect this character.
Thinking
com
speaking

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #133 on: <08-20-14/0319:56> »
I can't see it working any other way consider 35+25 = 60 not 70 where as  35+35 does.
I think you've completely misunderstood what I said there.

Maximum 70 karma - 35 free karma = 35 karma of negative qualities

35 karma of negative qualities != 35 karma of positive qualities

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #134 on: <08-20-14/0518:24> »
One thing I have to ask, is the way of a magician's digital celerity enhancement Would this actually be "Light Touch" instead?

Got this little blip here from earlier.

The enhancement seems to be based off Light Touch, but incorrectly uses Nimble Fingers.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Register