NEWS

Jammer and PANs

• 20 Replies

Dahrken

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <12-08-10/0137:18> »
Actually no, Skinlink can go through clothing and the like, including most gloves.

And if the gloves are too thick/insulated/whatever for it to work, it simply means you have to make the gloves (or whole body armor) Skinlinkable, relaying the signal to and from the gun...
« Last Edit: <12-08-10/0139:17> by Dahrken »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <12-08-10/1246:49> »
You're still gonna need a way to connect your comm to your brain though....so at some point you're gonna need a fiber-optic cable (which I'd just include as part of the skinlink, commlink or even comes with the datajack) to connect to your datajack or trode-band.  That raises an interesting idea though, how do you connect skinlink to an internal commlink?  I'd say you'd need a datajack which connects to a cable that connects to an electrode on the skin, or maybe even just a datajack because it's touching your skin.  I think it's pushing it to say that skinlink can connect to internal organs too....why not just call it bodylink or biolink then.  That makes datajacks a little bit more useful than.....they have storage, they can give you a wired connection to anything....and then it makes sense that they'd be necessary if you ever wanted a wired connection to an internal commlink.  Otherwise trodes always seems like the way to go.
« Last Edit: <12-08-10/1250:57> by inca1980 »

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #17 on: <12-08-10/1815:11> »
I would argue that it's pretty easy for your internal commlink to have a simple probe going out to your skin (they had to cut through you, anyways) and establish skinlink that way. Of course, this would be represented by purchasing skinlink for the commlink that you have installed internally (before installing it, of course).
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <12-08-10/2321:09> »
What a waste of a perfectly good new hole in your head if they're not gonna just make it a datajack.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #19 on: <12-10-10/0959:31> »
Yeah, but datajacks are just so passé.*

-k

*- all of my SR characters that can take cyberware have a datajack.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #20 on: <12-10-10/1100:50> »
So, you turny passe into style. ;P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."