NEWS

Regarding Mercenaries...

• 36 Replies

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <07-17-14/0621:00> »
I honestly have no idea why you're going on at this point, so I'm out.
If you are rooting for a product even the developers have abandoned, maybe it's time to reign in your inner fanboy...

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #31 on: <07-17-14/1539:32> »
...and my player decided to go with none of the Big 4 and instead steered towards Bravo Company from 10 Mercs. Some how I'm not surprised he chose to go off the beaten path. That said, he's still playing with the idea of going 10,000 Daggers. We'll see...

Also had to gently steer him away from FMC, for fear of getting laughed off any SR forums board.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #32 on: <07-17-14/1925:49> »
Well, you're clearly biased against it
Says the guy who claims that a book which even those involved have admitted to be the low point of the brand and only a result of being rushed out by committee was a good book...

And Argus is be more about intelligence gathering (and MP duties) than "hands on" black ops...MET in general is not exactly the most subtle mercenary team.
You'll note that I specifically said I'm not biased against it, which you should feel free to take as meaning I'm biased FOR it. That is all.
You'll note that I specifically said
...the following
I thought WAR! was a good book.
Wow, really?

And after that, I said this:
Well, you're clearly biased against it, Sengir, and I'm not, so I'll just leave that discussion well alone...

Enjoy!

If you are rooting for a product even the developers have abandoned, maybe it's time to reign in your inner fanboy...

OY!  WILL YOU TWO GET A ROOM ALREADY!  Anyway, nothing prevents a creative GM from whipping up their own groups, whether regional, national or even bigger. ;)
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <07-17-14/2049:07> »
Anyway, nothing prevents a creative GM from whipping up their own groups, whether regional, national or even bigger. ;)
Eh, only if the "official" versions don't have what me and my players are looking for. Thankfully, there was.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

lazlo

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <07-17-14/2128:54> »
So just to clarify:

Adept --> 10,000 Daggers

Street Sam/Cybered --> MET2000/Argus

Wasn't Thorn a member of Argus?  Or am I remembering wrong?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <07-17-14/2204:54> »
Yes he was. I was just stating in generalities.

Anyway, that's great that he finally decided. But don't ever worry about forum reactions. If he wants to play FMC, then so be. Any random internet jackass that doesn't like it can go fuck themselves. It's not their game. That applies to everything. I was dismissive of Nath's idea because I prefer the #2 merc shop to be a racist as Hell Japanese firm, and Tsunami fits the bill as far as fluff has described it. That doesn't make me the arbiter of your game. Just like Thorn. I've been describing the firms in general, but they are bigass corps. There are always exceptions. But overall/dominant corp culture would, I figure, be a major factor in deciding which to choose.

And that goes back to my first point. If he really wants to be FMC, nothing any of us internet jackasses say about it or anything else as a subjective matter should be relevant to his decision. It's his PC and your guys' game; not ours. You're the ones trying to have fun, not us (at your table).
« Last Edit: <07-17-14/2213:07> by Crimsondude »

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #36 on: <07-17-14/2315:22> »
Word.  ;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.