NEWS

Ultraglide Grenades

• 1 Replies

Reiper

• Omae
« on: <07-07-14/2120:59> »
I'm contemplating mixing chem grenades with ultriglide (I believe both are in Armed and Dangerous).

Basically since ultriglide is extremely cheap (30nuyen a liter) I'm thinking of basically using them preemptively in halls that we are fairly sure that guards or something will be coming down, or even in combination with a flashbang. Or maybe even as a trap when combined with a motion sensor (or wirelessly detonated).

The next run my character is doing is basically the team clearing out a few levels of a building that is infested with a few different gangs, one we'll have to wipe out completely, the other we may be able to get by with just taking out the leader.

So does anyone see a reason that this shouldn't work (other than a GMing nixing the idea outright)? Or anyone have any other ideas and uses for it?

Sorry I don't have the rule books handy, but basically what it does is make everyone do a reaction test to keep from falling on their buts (similar to the ice sheet spell). Might also make a fun slip and slide.

Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <07-08-14/0117:41> »
I would totally support this.  Instead of a chemical grenade, I might consider making it a paint grenade instead.  Paint grenades are detailed on Run & Gun, page 102.  Cost is 100¥, making an ultraglide paint grenade cost 130¥ (or less, as the lubricant is 30¥ per liter - probably two or three grenades per liter).  Actually, after looking at the description for the lubricant, it states:

Sold to consumers in jugs and spray cans, Ultra-Glide is popular with security providers who use it to coat approaches to potential breach points. It can also be used in squirt weapons or in standard paint grenades (applicable skill tests apply).

So there you go - it's apparently used for exactly what you're describing, using paint grenades.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.