NEWS

Your standard gear

• 22 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-16-14/2138:10> »
Trodes aren't a direct connection so I use them over an implanted commlink/other form of DNI but only when my character is somewhere safe.

Furious Trope

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <05-17-14/1255:25> »
One thing I need to do more often is pick up sensor tags.

For 240 I get a reusable sensor that can house a cyberware scanner/MAD scanner/Ultrasound sensor? Hell yes.

Even if you're capped at 2 successes, that can be more than enough to make a target.
You're only ever one bag of grenades away from chunky salsa.

http://powerwalkinginthedarkness.wordpress.com/

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <05-17-14/1405:31> »
Lined Coat, Shipping Container Bolt Hole Lifestyle, and a bottle of Synthscotch.
I see I'm not the only one who considers shipping containers good places to hide.
I literally wrote the book on it;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #18 on: <05-17-14/1413:11> »
The only problem with a shipping container lifestyle is it's enough of a meme that cops are going to be aware of it and check there first.

Now, an abandoned government fallout shelter in the sewers? That's a good bolthole ;)
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #19 on: <05-17-14/1422:19> »
Well, that's the GoTH (Gone To Hell) Lifestyle.  As for living in a shipping container, yeah, it is a stereotype that is in all the 'trids.  But also, there are how many shipping containers on, say, the Seattle docks?  Hell, let's go to a place that doesn't move millions of them a year, Winnipeg.  There are still acres and acres of just shipping containers waiting to be picked up/dropped off at any time.

Now, if you're in a place that doesn't see much international cargo moving, yeah, it'll be a bit easier.  And for those areas, all I can say is that there are "You-Store-It" places that don't ask questions and have really bad security.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Joush

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-17-14/1555:50> »
Well, that's the GoTH (Gone To Hell) Lifestyle.  As for living in a shipping container, yeah, it is a stereotype that is in all the 'trids.  But also, there are how many shipping containers on, say, the Seattle docks?  Hell, let's go to a place that doesn't move millions of them a year, Winnipeg.  There are still acres and acres of just shipping containers waiting to be picked up/dropped off at any time.

Now, if you're in a place that doesn't see much international cargo moving, yeah, it'll be a bit easier.  And for those areas, all I can say is that there are "You-Store-It" places that don't ask questions and have really bad security.  ;D

Weirdly, ports are a bad place to try and hide in a shipping container. For all the thousands sitting around they are tracked carefully in a very complicated, choreographed manner, and it's hard to get at them. For security and safety reasons basically no one at a port is supposed to open a container under any circumstances.

Truck lots and storage lots, however, can have shipping containers sit there forever without many questions, though someone might take note of people moving in and out of them.

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <05-17-14/2324:47> »
The only problem with a shipping container lifestyle is it's enough of a meme that cops are going to be aware of it and check there first.

Now, an abandoned government fallout shelter in the sewers? That's a good bolthole ;)

I like that, power, running water, storage facilities and speaking as a government employee for an agency that produces its own power the bills from your usage of those things aren't going to be remakred on they'll just be paid especially if in shadowrun you find one with its own internal self contained power source and water-recyc system, heck you can even get one with a hydroponics bay. Plus you can have a big, thick, fallout protected door and walls around you.

Lethal Joke

• Chummer
  • Hahahahahahaha
« Reply #22 on: <05-17-14/2357:44> »
Don't know why, but all the (NPC Prime Runner) characters I built have a gas mask.
I recommended them to the two players who built their characters with my assistance.

Something to do with the 200 nuyen cost for total inhalation-vector protection.

Only unusual thing for purchase.