NEWS

SR 5E - Old Qualities, New Edition

• 3 Replies

LionofPerth

• Omae
  • That's Mind Taking Baby!
« on: <05-16-14/1339:28> »
Greetings all

I'm chasing some information on Qualities, as well as some opinions on how other GM's would rate this view of a Negative quality.

If I can leave a little background, to help you chummers understand what I'm after, I'm looking at building a Face character, who can also support the team in combat. Long term goal of building up her own network, if not going into spy hunting.

First of all, I'm chasing the cost for Bilingual for Fifth Edition, as I believe it still exists. I'd like my Face concept to have a way with languages. At least with Elvish and English, some German and Japanese as well.

Secondly, I'm looking for clarification on what the Erased quality from Fourth Edition means in Fifth. Are these programs that run off a commlink? Is it even still worth taking? Especially from a non-decker character.

Thirdly, I've given my runner in potentia the negative quality of Prejudiced, with her taking the view that people who only engage in espionage for corporate reasons are barely worth the time. She's also vocal about this, not afraid to express her view on the matter. Would you consider that a 3pt or a 5pts quality?

Thanks ahead
When in doubt, C4.

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-14/1344:59> »
Bilingual costs 5 Karma.  It's right there under Positive Qualities.

The Prejudiced would be a Small group (0) and you can choose minor (-2 penalty) or major (-4) biases imo.  They'd both work but I'd lean more towards the smaller penalty.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-14/1348:30> »
  • Bilingual is 5 Karma.
  • I'm not sure if Erased would even still work in 5th, since the Matrix changed. Also, Erased was never a program-based thing: it typically meant a powerful hacker or AI handled things for you.
  • "Corporate spies" seems to me like it might even be too narrow to be a valid target group for Prejudiced. If it's allowed, it would be 3 Karma for group size, 2 Karma for degree.

LionofPerth

• Omae
  • That's Mind Taking Baby!
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-14/1403:40> »
My bad, I missed it, still going over the Core Rule Book.

If I can expand on the target group, I can see this expanding into mercenaries as well. It's people who only work for the money, there's nothing more to it, no sense of loyalty, no ideology, just self enrichment.

I do appreciate it's small, which is why I ask for comments on it being a 3 or 5 pointer.
When in doubt, C4.

Register