NEWS

Looking to GM a game, Marietta GA

• 12 Replies

theDregs

• Newb
« on: <03-29-14/1434:46> »
I am looking for a gaming group, or trying to start a Shadowrun game myself. I am available all day and evening on Thursdays and Fridays. I have been playing Shadowrun since first edition came out.

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-07-14/1213:38> »
Hoi chummer!  I've been playing since 1st ed as well... 1989!  I now live up in the mountains in Rabun County near Lake Burton, but am willing to drive to ATL to get some games in before this Summer gets to crazy (I work as a zipline tour guide so Summer is nutz up here).  I have another gamer friend that wants to start Shadowrun as well, but he's a chef so thurs/fri might be tough.  Anyway, let me know if you get some folks together and need more players.  I like combat mages/shamans/mercs the most but I'll try anything!

Josh Cummings
wolfinthewoods@gmail.com

theDregs

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-21-14/1005:11> »
That is over an hour away! I couldn't ask you do that! Email at my gmail....popslackjaw. I check that far more often. Maybe we can figure something out

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #3 on: <04-21-14/1012:05> »
sex and good RPGs.

Both things most of us are willing to do an hour drive for.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-21-14/2145:22> »
I live in the mountains lol, everything is an hour away from me!  I don't mind driving a lil bit anyway.  I live in a small 3 BR cabin in the woods w/ wife n' 2 kids.  That makes gaming here impossible.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #5 on: <04-27-14/1253:04> »
Actually, I live just outside Lilburn.  If there were a place nearby ... hmm.  The Gaming Pit just moved to a bigger store up by the Gwinnett Place Mall, by 85.  Granted, that's a hike for a feller from Marietta ... I did vaguely remember some people up in Kennesaw who were LFG.

Playing since '89 (skipped 4th ed hehehe)
I live 2 hours north of ATL in Rabun County but I'll happily drive for a good game.
I have 1 friend who wants to learn to play, and another that has been playing with me for the last 20+ years.
I play Mercs and combat mages... also shamen.

.... hmmm.  That would make four, with me - and another if theDregs came over.  And my favorite edition is actually 3rd, which I have done some modifications to ... this could almost be a group.  Especially if we can rotate GMs every run or two.
« Last Edit: <04-27-14/1257:19> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

theDregs

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-27-14/1908:52> »
Well, there are three people replying to this thread..thats a group right there! I usge you guys all to email me at popslackjaw@gmail.com and we can figure something out, I am sure!

fyrebug72

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-03-14/1608:17> »
Why dont you start up an online game using a VTT?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #8 on: <05-03-14/1639:10> »
Because not all people who want to play -can- do stuff like that, due to slow links?  Or would want to?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

theDregs

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <05-09-14/1330:35> »
I could do something like that if I needed to, but we are so close here. We have three solid players...one more and we got a decent group. Any takers?

Azriel Ragia

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <05-10-14/0610:05> »
I live in lithonia.  So not too terribly far.  I myself have been looking to try and dip my toes into the shadowrun series.  Got  some of the 5th ed books and even had a character made.   But could not find a group.  I would be interested in joining. 

theDregs

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <05-10-14/1918:34> »
Excellent! I am going to PM you a link to our google group- doc thingy. The Wyrm has been handling most of the legwork getting the group together, but he usually isn't on till late at night. I'll alert him to your post.

MortimerBane

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <05-11-14/1347:45> »
Yeah, I'm still interested.  I've got a couple friends that want to play but I don't know if I can count on them as they both have crazy work schedules.  If we get the right date, though, I'm sure one or both will come play.