NEWS

Immortal Elf Vs Sybil

• 69 Replies

RulezLawyerZ

• Newb
  • IANA.... wait, yes I am.
« Reply #60 on: <05-29-14/1918:33> »
Well, there goes one awesome theory about CFD.

Not gone, just needs some tweaking. Maybe the CFD angle was to get the Nexus out from under the scaly thumb of good ol' Ghosty. And it could be that the purpose of the duel wasn't to eliminate Ghostwalker, but to dispose of a tool once it was no longer of use.

It's a stretch, true.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #61 on: <05-30-14/0226:26> »
He could have tried for something a little less literal than how sense was smacked into him, but then he probably wouldn't be Harlequin.

Good point on Celedyr... Hrm. Well, there goes one awesome theory about CFD. Though, this means there's also not multiple copies of Harlequin running around.

Like world isn`t crazy enought

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <05-30-14/2116:18> »
He could have tried for something a little less literal than how sense was smacked into him, but then he probably wouldn't be Harlequin.

Good point on Celedyr... Hrm. Well, there goes one awesome theory about CFD. Though, this means there's also not multiple copies of Harlequin running around.

Like world isn`t crazy enought
*cough*Gwynplaine*cough*

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #63 on: <05-31-14/0747:24> »
He he. I just had a wonderful/horrible thought. Someone gets around to perfecting viable quick-growth clones (as opposed to wimps), and somehow Harlequin's DNA gets in the batch they're cloning. Now, we know that clones of a mage may or may not be Awakened, but it would be interesting to see if a Harlequin clone could Emerge...
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <05-31-14/1206:38> »
And after DC, UCAS has Harlequin's DNA. And Ehran's. And Frosty's. Really, everyone who was on the site, except perhaps for Surehand.

RulezLawyerZ

• Newb
  • IANA.... wait, yes I am.
« Reply #65 on: <05-31-14/1508:10> »
He he. I just had a wonderful/horrible thought. Someone gets around to perfecting viable quick-growth clones (as opposed to wimps), and somehow Harlequin's DNA gets in the batch they're cloning. Now, we know that clones of a mage may or may not be Awakened, but it would be interesting to see if a Harlequin clone could Emerge...

Would it matter, though? Sure, he's got the same genome, but he's missing the what, 6,000 years of experiences? He may Emerge, but I don't think it'd be Harlequin.

On the other hand, properly stage managed, a clone who thinks he's Harlequin could be awfully fun...

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <05-31-14/1630:35> »
another academical wuestion: dies DNA define personality, or does Experience do that?

martinchaen

« Reply #67 on: <05-31-14/1632:15> »
That depends on the scientist you ask, I believe.

SlowDeck

• Ace Runner
  • How do people add personal text under their name?
« Reply #68 on: <05-31-14/1637:46> »
another academical wuestion: dies DNA define personality, or does Experience do that?

DNA contributes; it includes coding for tendencies as towards personality traits. But, ultimately, personality is determined by neurological development, which is primarily a result of experience. It's the major reason why it is no clone would ever be able to be aged up to the same physical age as the original.

Edit: Some would suggest a direct neural feed, but that still wouldn't speed things up. It's not so much that the brain can't handle the capacity for the information or the rapid processing as the brain's physical form cannot handle the resulting heat from all of the energy movement going on within it. In other words, trying to speed it up would only cook the brain inside the skull.

Also, other brain fun fact? There's no net difference between a kid who is exposed to music in the womb and focused on education most of his life and a kid who isn't and mixes education with fun. While true that the music and education focus cause more neurons and neuron connections to form, nearly all of these are lost during the synaptic pruning that happens in the teenage years. It's not entirely known what causes the brain to make its decisions about what neurons and neurological connections it will prune and what it won't (in general, it's usually the more-used synapses that are kept, but it's not that uncommon for the brain to prune some of the more used synapses in favor of lesser-used synapses, and sometimes the more-used synapse kept is not related to conscious activities up to that point). This is another massive obstacle in cloning a replica of someone; likely, the synaptic pruning would result in a loss of experiences and personality traits, resulting in the clone having obvious differences from the original.
« Last Edit: <05-31-14/1657:10> by SlowDeck »
"Speech" Spirit/"Astral" Thought/"Subvocal" Matrix/"Commlink" "Totem" [Time/Date] <<Text&email>>

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <05-31-14/1830:07> »
I do use UV modes conditioning in my games to enable characters skip the training time for karma improvements, well every time they apply this method I call for edge+willpower roll with thresshold equal to new skill rating to see if there are any consequences, and I apply such things into my games as much as possible. I agree with facts as presented by Slowdeck. And that is why I consider theory of Harleyclones to be red herring. Not worthy to follow.
« Last Edit: <05-31-14/1832:11> by Sichr »