NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #45 on: <05-20-14/0741:22> »
"We are scheduled to film tomorrow at the Eye of the Needle, but keep that to yourself, set security and all that.  Gotta keep the riffraff from mucking up the production."  Slade looks and around the table and grins as he dives into his clams.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <05-20-14/0920:15> »
"No problem, sir," Sammy said, making a note to take O'Connor and maybe Clem out shopping.  Even as security you needed to be nicely dressed.  She did wonder why the need for extra security, as security at the Needle was top notch.  As she had seen those people before, however brief, she would have to be careful.  Although she could always say she wanted to start producing and that this was research.  It wouldn't be the first time in LA that someone really did his research.  And then did the movie completely different anyways because otherwise it wouldn't work with the audiences.  She had noticed that many times before that mages onscreen had to do things that in real life would make their brains come leaking out of their ears.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <05-20-14/0944:20> »
"Shooting at the Needle, huh?" thought Clem as she watched the elven "cowboy" dig in to those clams. The man's attire made her feel strange. "And whoever heard of a cowboy eating at a seafood restaurant anyways?" The ork shrugged and decided to at least have her drink while she would wait for someone else to try the fish filets first.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <05-20-14/2216:56> »
*Pandora, huh? Heard she was a grade a bitch, but I doubt Starlet's glitzy pals are anything but.*O'Connor gave the seafood a quizzical look, he wasn't quit sure how one was suppose to eat the razor clams. He decided to start with the fish and wait to see how the others went about it. He'd never had real seafood before, but held the opinion that artificial seafood flavoring was god awful. He took a cautious bite, finding the flavor far superior to the substitution, but wasn't quite sure if he liked it or not. He made steady progress though his food nonetheless, enjoying the novelty of the meal at the very least. After finishing a bite, he asked Slade, "Anything special or important we need to know about the equipment other than to handle it with care?"
« Last Edit: <05-21-14/1249:28> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #49 on: <05-21-14/0117:46> »
"Good restaurant," Sammy said to no-one in particular, "I have to remember this one."
In the mean time she sent a message to the whole team to prepare for a shopping expedition so everybody had correct attire for the Needle.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <05-22-14/1416:45> »
"Nope, a lot of it is military grade hardware and equipment, but you look like you know your way around the rough stuff.  I got all the licenses and permits, not that you'll have to worry about that on set, and all the weapons are non-functional.  I ain't kidding, easy money. Anyone need bread?" he said grabbing the basket and getting a stick.

No other critical info about the job appears to be forthcoming, Slade is fairly congenial as a host and pulls the conversation away from job and more towards small talk.  He will excuse himself after the entrée, but encourage the group to stay for dessert and coffee.  "It's all taken care of, but don't run up a bar tab, clear heads in the morning."  After confirming you have the proper address, he takes his leave.
« Last Edit: <05-22-14/1533:20> by Crossbow »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #51 on: <05-22-14/1440:30> »
As soon as Mr. Slade was gone, Sammy turned to the rest of the group.
"Tomorrow before we go to Slade's little warehouse we go clothes shopping," she said, referring to her text message, "we need to look the part of serious security if we're going to work at the needle.  You don't have to wear Mortimer of London or Zoé de Paris.  In fact, you better don't as bodyguard, but a good looking armoured vest is a must."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <05-23-14/0421:54> »
O'Connor grimaced at Sammy's declaration, "The hell for? If we get the job done, what's it matter how we dress?" The irony of a man eager to run into a hail of gunfire, but cowed by a trip to the mall, was lost on O'Connor.

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #53 on: <05-23-14/0502:03> »
"Because if you're not correctly dressed, you won't be allowed in the Needle and therefore you can't do your job," Sammy said, "A nice suit with an armoured jacket is the minimum to get in there.  And having such can also help you in the future to get better paying jobs.  If you want to play with the big ones, you have to dress the part.  I'm sure you have seen trid and photo footage of important people arriving at the needle, or any other high profile location.  Look at that footage again and check out what those bodyguards wear.  We will have to wear the same thing if we don't want to stand out, which is the goal here.  And a trip to the mall shouldn't take long.  One hour, tops, should be enough.  And if you don't want to get dressed by me, ask Sam if he wants to help.  But if we want professional jobs, we have to be dressed like professionals."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <05-23-14/0622:49> »
"Come to think of it, we should probably put you in a mask or something while we're at it - seems like the context to be masking your identity, yeah?"  He thought for a second.

"Also, after what happened with my shotgun, I might be a little...  Underequipped for security work."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #55 on: <05-23-14/1930:29> »
"With your kind of shooting Red, you'd be underequipped for security no matter what you have" answered Clem to Fionn's remark. The ork woman paused for a bit before saying out loud "Guess I could use a change of armour, just in case."
« Last Edit: <05-24-14/0704:51> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <05-24-14/0654:46> »
"You're not allowed in the Needle with a shotgun," Sammy remarked, "Heavy pistols are the maximum they allow in there."

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #57 on: <05-24-14/1835:27> »
O'Connor gave out a comical groan, "This is why I don't leave Redmond if I can help it. You people have too many god damn rules. I mean, seriously, security can only carry handguns? How can you call a group a security team if they ain't armed for serious engagements?"
« Last Edit: <05-24-14/1903:28> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <05-24-14/2001:58> »
"It's easier than trying to provide security when you're not allowed anywhere nearby," Sam said with a shrug as he reached for another roll.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <05-25-14/0140:01> »
"It's because then building security, who have those weapons, is at an advantage," Sammy said at almost the same time.