NEWS

Sail Away, Sweet Sister (Enhanced Fiction)

• 32 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <05-05-14/0941:34> »
Finally set the time aside to read this over the weekend. I also read Another Rainy Night as it had been so long, that I wanted to refresh my memory with the story and characters. An excellent read...well worth the $1.99. ;D

I put up a review on DTRPG...my first one ever, I think.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #31 on: <05-05-14/1328:18> »
You didn't think the character development was as strong in SASS as in ARN? Why do you think this? (Not being antagonistic, genuinely curious so I can fix problems if they exist.) There's no wrong answer.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <05-05-14/1647:08> »
Fair question...hard to answer, to be honest. I think that with ARN, all the characters were new vs with SASS not so much. I really enjoyed Seamus and his "friend"; also thought that Thomas' ex was done well. I struggled to follow the motivations of "the Monster", but that might just have been me. I do think (hope ;)) that some of the threads will close up nicely with the next installment. In my opinion, one of the challenges any short story/novella has is fleshing out all of the characters in such a small word count...simply the medium. Perhaps you should consider something a tad longer... 8)

I think that my favorite element of your stories is how you "imbue" the sense of magic and technology, but don't let either dominate the story...really helps expand my perspective on what the Shadowrun universe can be. Maybe it's because there's not as much "punk"...not sure.

Regardless, please get back to penning the finale...looking forward to it. ;D