Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #151 on: <06-28-14/1715:52> »
Initive: 6+4d6 18

I did the base wrong however, and my init is actually 20.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #152 on: <06-29-14/1025:29> »
Ready for Turn 2
Initiative: 3d6+10 23

Assuming no immediate changes, Phase 1, Init 23 Actions will be

Free Action to swap Firewall (6) and Attack (5), so make them F5 and A6 now
Complex Action to Crack the file on the camera operations device which only requires 1 Mark
Camera is slaved to a device, Firewall rating is 4 and main camera protected at 3.
Crack File on camera device, Logic 5 + Hacking 5 (+2 devices), 12d6 vs devices protection rating (3) x2: 12d6t5 4
Since the device will roll 6d6 to defend, gonna go with spending another point of edge to reroll failures
Edge to reroll the 8 failing dice: 8d6t5 2
Just enough to bring my Crack File action to 6 Hits (my limit).
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #153 on: <06-29-14/1447:53> »
Righto, for my pass @ ini 21;
Derren is going to grab the johnson + kid and lift/drag to the van:

Can lift 75kg (strx15kg) without rolling, test below to increase lifting/carrying weight:
bod+str (9d6.hits(5)=5)

total lifting/dragging capacity= 150kg and will move at fastest speed GM deems applicable with two unconscious bodies to manhandle! :-)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ericen

• Chummer
« Reply #154 on: <06-30-14/1144:05> »
If you need to make a driving test.

Handling : 8
Speed: 7

Pilot + Reaction + a Rig = 12d6

Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <07-01-14/2327:11> »
Matrix Perception

Matrix Perception, Computer (Matrix Perception) 7 + Intuition 4, Limit 6: 11d6t5 5

5 Hits...
For my Questions
1) Are there any Data Bombs   
IF YES  2) What is the rating of the Data Bomb?
 The rest will be in order, numbered as if there aren't any Data Bombs, and if there actually is one, the last question can be ignored.

2) Are there any Icons running silent within 100m, not slaved to my Deck - so, other than anything the Party has running silently?
3) Spot the first item randomly and see if it is on Ms. J or J Jr.  Matrix Perception to ID Silent Running Device #1 vs Logic + Sleaze of device: 11d6t5 4
4) Spot the second Item  randomly and see if it is on Ms. J or J Jr.  Matrix Perception to ID Silent Running Device #2 vs Logic + Sleaze of device: 11d6t5 4
5) Spot a third potential item (Ignore if there was a data bomb for question 2)  randomly and see if it is on Ms. J or J Jr.  Matrix Perception to ID Silent Running Device #3 vs Logic + Sleaze of device: 11d6t5 2

If no silent running icons then...  maybe find one of the city cameras along the route, and see if I can detect what device or host it is slaved to, so that can be the next task

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #156 on: <07-03-14/0158:03> »
Data Spike
Data Spike, using Edge to push the limit: 15d6h5 5
Defended against with Intuition + Firewall (Device Rating)

The amount of Hits you get on this roll will add that much to my OS, since this is an Attack

The Damage to the tag will be DV 3, +1 per net hit, resisted with Device Rating + Firewall

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #157 on: <07-05-14/0856:19> »
Ok, as for actions and Init order Ericen you still need to roll for this next round of combat. Yes, you will need to roll for driving, we're just not quite there yet, but I'll keep that roll for the first test. Ag & CJ have taken their turns as their actions were fairly independent of anyone elses actions once they applied Trisks leadership bonuses. And as for where you're driving Ericen, make an IC choice and go with it.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #158 on: <07-05-14/0857:52> »
Carpe Diem gentlemen. Indecision kills runners and there is no payday in the grave.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #159 on: <07-05-14/1229:51> »
Ok, so initiative is : Ericen at 25, Agonar at 23, CJ at 21 and Trisk at 20. I believe ag's already gone, but he'll let me know if I'm wrong, he can nearly always get ahold of me :). CJ, would it be alright with you if your character spent the first pass recovering from the superhuman effort of getting two deadweight bodies in the vehicle in three sec's? Your strength and run speed made the short trip possible, but it should have some effect on you. If not let me know.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #160 on: <07-05-14/1958:03> »
yeah it makes sense, he's done a lot of lifting, running and shifting which is why I've been quiet and let Ericen do his thing. all my next batch of passes will include is just checking the kid and Johnson are OK with the medkit (apparently Derren is the only one with first aid above skill 1).

I know you've said it was ok to post up actions beforehand but it seems like your bodyguard has been denied a pass due to our out-of-sequence posting. He should really have got a turn to react/act (which could have effected Derren/James/Drones) so maybe in the next combat scene we sacrifice posting speed for accuracy of rules/process? otherwise your mooks are going to get walked over every time with no chance to respond.
Certainly I would recommend receiving initiative rolls for all combatants (inc drones) before starting combat, that way nothing gets missed.

The lifting test should have been a complex action, leaving me with a free action to move (probably not enough ground covered to reach the van, realistically needing the extra pass to cover the distance with a sprint test (at a -ve mod for carrying weight). I'm fine with Derren being tired out from the effort so will refrain from taking any major actions for the next few passes if that fits with you?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #161 on: <07-06-14/0923:52> »
Thx CJ, I appreciate your input. Actually my bodyguard didn't miss turn, he crit glitched on his firing, I've had several really unlucky rolls that past combat, which I'm hoping even out into some outstanding rolls in y'alls pursuit to make this a bit more of a challenge. But, with me posting when I'm dead on my feet I forgot to include that detail in my post. It was a fail so I didn't worry about it, but I think if I'd posted that, even in the OOC thread so as not to disrupt the game flow it would have helped it make more sense to you. I can't post the initiative of the pursuit just yet as it includes some rolls for surprise which I'll be throwing at you guys. Ericen's heading to the bad side of town has been a delightful surprise for me and means I get to add a bit more fun in, hopefully you guys make the most of it.

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #162 on: <07-06-14/1028:34> »
Ok, so initiative is : Ericen at 25, Agonar at 23, CJ at 21 and Trisk at 20. I believe ag's already gone, but he'll let me know if I'm wrong, he can nearly always get ahold of me :). CJ, would it be alright with you if your character spent the first pass recovering from the superhuman effort of getting two deadweight bodies in the vehicle in three sec's? Your strength and run speed made the short trip possible, but it should have some effect on you. If not let me know.

Yep..  at 23, Crack File.  At 13, Perception to see if there was a data bomb, at 3, data spike, because I can't handle data bombs.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #163 on: <07-06-14/1341:01> »
Alright... assuming that I know about the bug following us, and assuming its not already target locked on us,  I've got something that I'm going to do.

I'm going to use Resonance Veil on it.

The Veil is going to hide all the tags and singles we've got on the van, while moving them to a different vehicle. In addition, the tags are going to carry obvious signs of a knight errant trooper that blips in for a moment before turning off.

Resonance Veil: 10d6t5 3

This will happen on my turn
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #164 on: <07-07-14/0931:32> »
Ok gentlemen, based on the Skype chatter I can tell I'm not making a few things clear. One, yes, they're aware of a problem and are sending in the cavalry. Two, all this has happened in under a minute, they have not had time to sort out the details of who, what, when, where and who do I kill. Three, they are searching for the problem using every fancy bit of tech they could get into position fast enough as well as every fancy bit of tech and processing power they can override, they know who's heads are on the chopping block if a kid from that school makes it onto a missing trid flash. Three, do the math, if I had a bead on you this quick it'd be the DM playing very meta, which I try to avoid, so, bottom line at this stage of the pursuit I might shoot you just because you're moving, but that's 'cause they're Az, give it a few more seconds and I'll shoot you 'cause you're the targets, I happen to have rolled well on that last test :) and Ag does not have a Baby Monitor :D. So the search light ahead of you is a search pattern ahead of you. Frag yes they've got fly-spies in the air, but the drops were haphazard because they had to use what they had readily avail. So, by all means play paranoid you live longer that way, but you do still have a few seconds.

@ Trisk Nice use of Res. Veil  8)  Looks like my lousy luck is holding and my few good rolls were the aberration.  slicing through the veil: 11d6t5 2
« Last Edit: <07-07-14/0954:19> by ismilealot »