NEWS

[OOC] Neverland

• 189 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #120 on: <06-20-14/1624:47> »
Er...GM what happened to my turn? What happened with the damage resolution of two attack actions s previous to my turn? Did they hit? Did the shots go wide or what?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #121 on: <06-21-14/0140:39> »
Sorry CJ, I've been a little crazy trying to get everything done for the new job and still working full time. Two days of no sleep had me in, "Whaa, huh, umm yeah," mode. Damage resolution is I've taken almost everyone down from you're attack.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #122 on: <06-21-14/0238:38> »
Defense test Defense Test: 10d6t5 5
Matrix Perception test  Matrix Perception, Limit 3.  11d6 -2 (silent): 9d6t5 5  Limit 3, so 2 options
1) What is the camera slaved to? Device/Persona?
2) What is that device/Persona's Firewall Rating?
3) Is the main camera control protected, and if so, at what rating?
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <06-21-14/0252:31> »
Derren's neurostun has incapacitated most of the group. James has hit one of the bodyguards remaining and I'm waiting for the dmg. Shade's deployed the drones and the Prof is watching. If that sums up your turn and you're waiting for next round it'll be Prof, Shade, James, Derren. The bodyguards drop out of initiative.

Camera is slaved to a device, Firewall rating is 4 and main camera protected at 3.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #124 on: <06-21-14/0316:43> »
Still confused, we seem to have skipped around a bit. Will do full post later from pc
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #125 on: <06-21-14/0334:01> »
Ok, I'm happy to edit or even delete my post CJ.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #126 on: <06-21-14/0639:44> »
Ok, here's how it should have panned out:

Derren launches grenade in ambush, defenders unaware of attack and civvies go down. bodyguards stay up. Tracheal filters or very heavy chem protection in play i assume?

Ericen is at 30
Trisk rolled late and popped in at 23
Agonar is at 21
I'm at 20
Guards are surprised (as you stated) and can't act directly against us, they should be sending messages/readying weapons/taking cover in prep for the next combat turn.

Ini 30,
Ericen went here
Free: send message
Simple: Jump in
Simple: Shoot burst, gets 5 hits. what happened here, did the shots connect or go wide?

Ini 23,
Trisk should have gone here:
Free: send message
Simple: "Observe in detail" through team headcams
Simple: "Leadership test"

Ini 21,
Agonar should have gone here:
Free: Send message
Simple: Take Aim
Simple: Shoot What happened here? did the shot connect or go wide?

Ini 20,
I go, we all subtract 10 from INI and then Ericen goes here:
We need to know the outcomes of the previous actions so we can decide what our actions will be

also, any chance we can get a map or description of the combat area so we know where the cover is?
cheers
« Last Edit: <06-21-14/1413:28> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #127 on: <06-21-14/0949:01> »
James has hit one of the bodyguards remaining and I'm waiting for the dmg.

I provided the damage with the attack roll
Attacking the nearest Security: 13d6t5 6
Gel Rounds, 8S base damage + net hits.  No AP.

8S base, +1 per net hit that gets through.  so, if I got 2 net hits, then damage is 10S, no AP.  SO guard resists with Body + Full armor rating
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #128 on: <06-21-14/1154:56> »
Ok, I missed that Ericen shot with his action and didn't know to resolve that. I also missed Agonar's dmg expression with his atk roll. It's how I would honestly prefer that done tbh so pls continue that and I'll look for it. I would also very strongly prefer that the atk rolls & dmg expressions be in the IC thread. I know some people really don't like it there as it jars the immersion, but as a new GM it's where I need it so that I can reference it more easily. I will post a map as soon as I screenshot and upload it. Probably 20 min's.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #129 on: <06-21-14/1304:58> »
Ok, I missed that Ericen shot with his action and didn't know to resolve that. I also missed Agonar's dmg expression with his atk roll. It's how I would honestly prefer that done tbh so pls continue that and I'll look for it. I would also very strongly prefer that the atk rolls & dmg expressions be in the IC thread. I know some people really don't like it there as it jars the immersion, but as a new GM it's where I need it so that I can reference it more easily. I will post a map as soon as I screenshot and upload it. Probably 20 min's.

no problems.
He shot when jumped in, getting 5 hits. your bodyguard will need to dodge/soak as usual (if allowed by their surprise state)
Each initiative step needs to be resolved individually as any wound modifiers and initiative modifiers {full defense/parry etc} will effect the next rolls in sequence (say took 3 stun damage, getting a -1 wound modifier in the process, this wound modifier then applies immediately to dodge/action rolls for the next initiative step)

-ericen shoots, gets 5 hits.
 defender then has to react (say doesn't go full defense, rolls rea (6 for example) and gets 2 hits on his dodge(for example!).
he then has to soak base damage of whatever gun is mounted on drone + 3 net hits.
Calculate wound modifiers and initiative modifiers (if any) and move on to next initiative step.
-Rinse and repeat for agonars shot.

As each of the actions are resolved in initiative order, the guys further down the initiative order (like myself) will see whether our colleagues actions have made a pink mist of the baddies or whether they matrix-style dodged the shots.
It affects what we choose to do with our own actions which is why it is important to let us know what happened with each initiative step.

ie: ericen shoots
your reply might be: "the bodyguard rolls to dodge your fire, a stream of bullets kicking up the dirt behind him"
this lets us know that he successfully dodged the attack.
(you don't have to post your rolls as GM if you don't want to, though some choose to, your call entirely)
or "your shot slams into the bodyguard, sending him reeling"
is enough for us to know we're landing shot on target and to keep up the attack, we don't need to know that we've caused 3 boxes of stun and 1 physical for instance (if you don't want us to know)
« Last Edit: <06-21-14/1308:12> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #130 on: <06-21-14/1316:06> »
This is a close up.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/ps1neul9emi9wdx/SR-combat%201.png

This is further out.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2ja46scamh77yj/SR-combat%202.png

I've placed you as advantageously as possible. Vehicles are providing some cover, fencing posts are providing complete cover and every third one has security measures built into it. You may assume the corner ones have security measures built in. The milling people you may assume are down. And yes, these guys have some filters built in, either tracheal or armor or blood. You may also assume wired reflexes, cerebral boosters, enhanced vision and bone & muscle augments.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #131 on: <06-21-14/1326:49> »
apologies if i'm coming across as being a dick btw, I'm not trying to undermine you as a GM: I know you're new and just want to help it all run smoothly and correctly :-)

Ok, so its initiative step 20, so me and ericen (again) get to act now.
« Last Edit: <06-21-14/1329:04> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #132 on: <06-21-14/1414:01> »
CJ, I never thought you were trying to be a jerk or to undermine me in any way. I've always found the most forgiving and helpful players are DM's/GM's. They really just want the game to go forward as smoothly as possible. I absolutely appreciate the help. You guys don't know it but Celtibero and Agonar have been helping me behind the scenes all along, telling me what to reference and explaining things. So, by all means CJ help me out here. I'm thankful for the +2 bonus on that assist.
« Last Edit: <06-21-14/1658:53> by ismilealot »

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #133 on: <06-21-14/1606:48> »
Right guys, 1st pass is done. We take 10 off leaving the initial scores at:

Ericen is at 20 (rolled attack and commanded a drone to attack)
Sonic (drone) goes at 15 (suppressive fire)
Trisk is at 13
Agonar is at 11
Csjarrat at 10

Ericen please can you roll drone initiative for sonic? 6 + 2d6 is what you need to roll
« Last Edit: <06-21-14/1740:50> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #134 on: <06-21-14/1744:15> »
Ericen/GM needs to roll for the drone's suppressive fire as it will go next in the initiative order @ ini 15

pilot + targetting autosoft +smartgun is dicepool. your hits on this test act as a negative modifier to anyone taking action within the supressive fire zone.
It forms a triangle zone emanating from the drone and at its end point (Ericen, you choose) it is no wider than 10m.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor