NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1980 on: <04-28-16/0208:38> »
I suggest dropping, pretending to be dead and hoping he doesn't finish you off.  He must also know that police are on their way.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1981 on: <04-28-16/0802:03> »
That would probably be the most sensible thing. Unfortunately, Sam's feeling like he just doesn't know enough--that we're stumbling along blindly--and so he'd really rather get this guy talking.

Sam's currency is information, and he doesn't like feeling poor.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1982 on: <04-28-16/1758:14> »
9P is final total and falling down is not optional, your action.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1983 on: <04-29-16/1704:56> »
Falling down is not optional because you have to do it, you took more damage that you have Body, please modify the post.

Speaking of modifying, I am going to modify your action to use command voice on the talk to me line, because negotiations is not really appropriate at this point.  It will not cost you any successes and it is still be enough to overwhelm his willpower.
« Last Edit: <04-29-16/1714:10> by Crossbow »

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1984 on: <04-29-16/1813:02> »
Oh, right, sorry, forgot about that rule. Post has been modified.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1985 on: <04-30-16/2239:16> »
You are out of opponents and out of combat rounds, Snow and O'Conner will not be awake for this next part.

I need postings from the other three of what you are doing over the next few moments, no more than about a minute's time will pass before what happens next happens, and I need a sense of where you are and what you are doing.

Be aware, this entire area is swarming with camera drones now and sirens can be heard approaching.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1986 on: <05-01-16/0346:46> »
Okay, so we've been filmed.  So either we try to dissapear before the police arrives, which would be difficult as they've seen our faces (or at least, our current faces) and they will put an alert out on hospitals, so if we bring O'Connor to a hospital, they will be alarmed (if a doctor who followed one of the me-feeds of the fight doesn't recognise him on his own).

Another option is to play the self-defence card.  We were there to go to a bar, restaurant or club in the vicinity (there should be one or more) when the shooting started.  Three of our people were shot down and we defended ourselves.  The enemy mage killed himself (which is easily verified) and the killing of the sniper can be self-defence.  With Torley explaining things and Sammy drawing attention away from the rest, it should be possible.  I only healed and destroyed a rampant spirit, so that should be no problem.  O'Connor shot at a few drones who were shooting at innocent bystanders, so that shouldn't be a problem either (it's self-defence, pure and simple) and this was probably before all the camera drones arrived.  Clem shot the sniper, but he attacked Torley, so that's also self-defence).

Let me know what you guys think.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1987 on: <05-01-16/0802:10> »
Decent summary, but the sniper ain't dead--Clem was thoughtful enough to hit him with stick-n-shocks. I'd love to take him with us for questioning, but I'm willing to bet he's heavy. :(

Will get an IC post up later today.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1988 on: <05-01-16/0834:10> »
Yeah, Clem didn't kill him so we could interrogate him afterwards. But with law enforcement inbound, there is a dilemma: either one of us takes him and makes a run for it, or we have someone else come pick him up. The only way we can do the latter is by cuffing and hiding the unconscious body away from the crime scene and giving the precise location to someone trustworthy to pick him up. What do you think we should do? I reckon this is the best lead the team's got, and I'd hate to have KE or whomever is patrolling LA bag him.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1989 on: <05-01-16/1020:43> »
I am not sure that my unconscious butt gets much of a say in what you guys do, but I think that we have a chance here to be heroes.  The Pito feeds and news camera drones will show that we saved lives by capping the wizard, who was tossing fireballs around.  And I am not too sure about him killing himself as there are several of our bullets in the body.  We prevented the guy from killing or injuring lots of people.

I do not know how we can keep the body hidden.  With all of the camera's floating about now, I am pretty sure that at least one would see something and then we would be running from the cops as well.  I think that we should come as clean as possible to the authorities.  Explain that we were hired by the studio to look into the deaths of its stars and were following up on a lead when we were ambushed on the highway.  We followed the ambushers here, leading to the self defense arguments listed above by others.  The advantage of this is that it is the truth and we will not come across as lying or trying to hide anything.  I think it is all to possible that the studio might be able to flex its parent AAA muscle to get one or more of us invited to the interrogation of the prisoner.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1990 on: <05-01-16/1046:26> »
I don't know about your character, but Clem is running on a fake ID and doesn't have any licences for her weapons, so she definitely doesn't want to 'come clean' and would rather just leave the scene altogether. With the disguises, odds are they can't trace them back to anything and the characters can just burn their IDs and get new ones.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1991 on: <05-01-16/1129:04> »
When you put it that way, you are probably right.  I was just thinking that it will be very hard to move and hide the prisoner with the cameras all around.  But I will go with the group decision, especially since I am not in any condition to offer any opinions on the matter.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1992 on: <05-01-16/2343:44> »
Is there any way Clem can get down to street level from the window (fire escape, ladder, etc.)?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1993 on: <05-02-16/0910:37> »
Yes, several, you are only on the second floor, you could drop, or use the chain ladder the sniper used.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1994 on: <05-03-16/1336:41> »
Thvor, Hydro, i know you poked your heads in, can a assume from your silence you are going along with things?

Also, to keep Necro and Mercy in the loop, feel free to chime in OOC, with commentary at least.