NEWS

Combat Wheelchair

• 22 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #15 on: <03-28-14/1149:25> »
Learn levitation to zip around in combat and use the chair to get around normally?

Better idea:  Get the Troll to carrying you around in an armored papoose while you shoot stuff.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #16 on: <03-28-14/1205:26> »
Masterblaster
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #17 on: <03-28-14/2217:56> »
This is so weird but I was just getting on to post almost nearly the exact same topic.

Last night I was making a paraplegic (perhaps even quad) adept hacker/rigger and was wondering what to use for a wheelchair.
I was just going to go with a Steel Lynx and count the heavy weapon mount as the seating.

A little off topic- but what would the extra lifestyle cost of being handicapped be?
It has to be something right?

I'm assuming this will be a negative quality down the line but until then do you just go by the rules and ignore anything like that? Seems like a pretty huge disadvantage to take with no real karmic payback.

I would assume the lifestyle costs remain unchanged. Many of the 'modifications" to a home for disabled are one time things. (lowering counter tops, installing wheelchair lifts for stairs, etc) so once that has been done, there really are no additional ongoing costs that puts them at a higher frame of the "lifestyle" chart.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-29-14/1816:36> »
Hmm, Rigger cocoon that wheelchair, and slap on a weapon mount for all kinds of wacky hijinks!  ;D

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #19 on: <03-30-14/0448:35> »
In SR4, Paraplegic had no effect on Lifestyle. Quadriplegic, on the other hand, required care at High Lifestyle costs.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #20 on: <03-30-14/0737:55> »
In SR4, Paraplegic had no effect on Lifestyle. Quadriplegic, on the other hand, required care at High Lifestyle costs.

ok.....

hmm...

Well, you are going to need a lot of toys (drones) to be even remotely self-sufficient. and if not drones, then a home care aid, or live in nurse.....

Yea, I can see it for Quadriplegic
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Solarious

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <03-30-14/1035:09> »
High?
Ouch! That's gonna hurt at creation.

And yes drones are a must.
In fact my character will be at least moderatly addicted to VR control.
After all it's really the only full body control he has.

Not to mention the only way I can see a moderately effective adept hacker/rigger is to go with a D priority on Attributes and dump nearly all the physical ones. It could maybe work with C and Magic D but that still hurts bad for a human.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #22 on: <04-01-14/1423:29> »
I had a Missions character just slap a chair atop the turret of a Steel Lynx.

The Evo Orderly is an interesting story. The original idea was that the Orderly to be a humanoid drone capable of basic medical care on it's own, and the ability for doctors to remote rig the unit when needed allowing one doctor to service many locations. If you look at the description the text supports this. Before the Arsenal errata it was even listed as an anthroform.

The artist clearly did not get this information. What was drawn is a walking wheelchair. Would make it kinda difficult for the drone to perform it's stated job, servicing multiple patients.

When they did the errata, I guess it was decided to just go with the artwork and errata the text so the Orderly became a walker wheelchair.

-k

Register