NEWS

Shadowrun and Other Systems

• 26 Replies

Elektrycerze3

• Omae
  • Russian Decker
« Reply #15 on: <03-19-13/0428:58> »
I heartily recommend you use Shadowrun to play Shadowrun

I second that. Not that I can judge in this particular case, but all convertions I've seen generally sucked big time. And I reference GURPS-WoD here primarily.

But to whom it may concern: there is a nifty system called "Savage Worlds" out there, which is so simple, that even a major convertion is a no-brainer. It's sort of universal, and by "sort of" I mean that there is no way you can avoid that Indiana Jones feel inherent to it. But if you like that style, enjoy your "Indiana Jones and the Renraku Arcology".
Speech | Matrix/Communication | Thought | Astral
“Forget hackers, I have my buddies Smith & Wesson: innovators of the point-and-click interface.”

NinthSphere

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <03-21-13/1419:41> »
Indiana Jones and the Renraku Arcology

Now there's a movie I would pay to see.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <03-21-13/1512:53> »
Indiana Jones and the Renraku Arcology
Now there's a movie I would pay to see.
Or, with the Simsense version, feel!  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

NinthSphere

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <03-21-13/2035:37> »
Gotta get that plug in there every chance. :P Just reminds me I need to actually sit down and read the thing.

Coengar2

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <03-15-14/2011:25> »
You could always use the D20 Modern rules with the D20 Future,Cyberscape and Future Tech to add in the matrix and cyberware. Urban Arcana would add in the magic elements
Quit complaining or i'll perform another unneeded surgery

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-15-14/2114:02> »
I'd suggest Interface Zero, Nova Praxis, or (less so) Eclipse Phase. If you go full mohawk and sell out, then also Corporation.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <03-21-14/0645:47> »
I had done a conversion with the d20 rules back before 4th Edition came out.

B-but, but, but... cancer!

-k

Which explains George Lucas, WoTC and Disney - by allowing WoTC to produce that abomination called Star Wars d20, Lucas contracted cancer. The only cure was signing with Disney . . .

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #22 on: <04-15-14/0813:15> »
I wanted to have my shadowrun players fall into numenera game thought some interesting plot stuff I would love to see runners fall into that damn world.They fall from the 6th world into the 9th world.
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <04-15-14/1414:17> »
I want to say that Rolemaster did a cyberpunk book long ago.  Just throw in the magic system and you are gold.   ;)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-15-14/1656:54> »
I want to say that Rolemaster did a cyberpunk book long ago.

Was it a giant pile of tables like their fantasy game was?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <04-15-14/1820:19> »
I want to say that Rolemaster did a cyberpunk book long ago.

Was it a giant pile of tables like their fantasy game was?

Pretty much. :)  It was actually called Spacemaster (I looked it up) but it was supposed to be more or less their catch all for high tech genres.  I'm pretty sure I still have the book somewhere.  I still have all my other Rolemaster books.  I might have to dig them out for old time sake. 

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-16-14/1700:14> »
I found Rolemaster to be one of those games you needed a good GM with a strong understanding of the game to keep things from getting bogged down. Fortunately, most of my Rolemaster time we had such a GM.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015