NEWS

Tying ACHE to the Black Lodge

• 7 Replies

deepomega

• Newb
« on: <02-15-14/1635:52> »
This is kind of a blind shot, but figured I'd ask. I've been using the Black Lodge as a background manipulator throughout a series of runs. I want the climax of the run to be in the ACHE. Trying to figure out a use of it for a magically-focused organization like the Lodge - e.g. some way for them to want to use the high background count from the arcology shutdown to power an elf-murdering ritual or the like. Any thoughts here?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-15-14/1744:55> »
Well, the masonic influence would suggest that Black Lodge would looooove the fact that it's a one kilometer-tall pyramid. And given its natural and acquired Background Count, It could serve as a giant antenna focusing mana into the heart of Seattle.

Basically ... The end of Ghostbusters.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <02-15-14/1854:52> »
Well, the masonic influence would suggest that Black Lodge would looooove the fact that it's a one kilometer-tall pyramid. And given its natural and acquired Background Count, It could serve as a giant antenna focusing mana into the heart of Seattle.

Basically ... The end of Ghostbusters.

+2 to this idea.  It would be sweet to have them attempt to bring Zuul into the world through the body of one of the runners' girlfriend.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #3 on: <02-15-14/2235:50> »
Also, the fact that the building's interior was designed to be easily reconfigured via modular wall/floor mounts would allow for them to use geomancy on it more easily.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-15-14/2327:58> »
Also, the fact that the building's interior was designed to be easily reconfigured via modular wall/floor mounts would allow for them to use geomancy on it more easily.
This too

deepomega

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-17-14/2049:11> »
The moveable walls cinches it. Perfect. This will be geomancers using the ACHE as a giant antenna to murder all elves.

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <02-17-14/2150:01> »
ACHE?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #7 on: <02-17-14/2342:24> »
ACHE?

The old Renraku Arcology in Seattle.  After the debacle of the arcology shutting down, the city re-purposed it for general low-income housing.  IIRC the acronym stands for Arcology Commercial and Housing Enclave.  Very appropriate considering that the ACHE, along with the Redmond Barrens, the Orc Underground and Puyallup, makes the city have four separate low-income horrid places to call home.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Register