NEWS

Finding out a squadmate is a Technomancer...

• 41 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <01-23-14/2355:27> »
I would agree that runners should know more then the average wageslave... but that isn't always the case :(  its an assumption.

More like natural selection.  :P

Remember, running's not like most professions.  You can't get by just doing your one thing and nothing else, and what you don't know will kill you.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #31 on: <01-24-14/0205:35> »
Want to argue natural selection huh? :D

If player runners are "better then average"....

Why do so many die before a dozen runs??

If you read the forums (and I know you do) players ghost off all the time, sometimes in flocks!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <01-24-14/0523:25> »
If player runners are "better then average"....
Why do so many die before a dozen runs??
Sometimes the Players aren't as good/professional as they thought they were(or come from ...the wrong Camp having played D&d and being used to ...charge full Force ahead) , sometimes the GM (and his World/NPCs) are ...too tough, sometimes its Bad Luck/bad Rolls ....
I guess most of the Times its the Fault of the Players (but that's just a Guess)

HokaHey
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: <01-24-14/0546:26> »
In Sword Art Online, the Beta-testers had a higher fatality rate on the first floor than the fresh players had. Being good means getting cocky, and when you start running at a higher level, the risks might get too much for your cocky ass.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Prodigy

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <01-24-14/0839:03> »
Also, not all runs go south. Most runs, like most modern day crimes, go off without a hitch. Unless you play Missions or are a PC, then your life is constantly a sh@@storm.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-24-14/1137:12> »
My point being, is that as runners, they 'should' know all those craxy stupid things that the majority of runners die from (trying to out gun the police, lipping off the entire Ancients crew, going in guns blazing to ultra secure facility, picking their nose with monowire) are done without negative perks (suicidal, lacks common sense)

And they, as runners should know that they won't survive those tactics, yet they do them anyway... so why is it hard to believe they wouldn't buy into the whole Techno = danger to the world mentality?
Sure,  a lot of runners would realize its BS, but runners are not just anyone, they are the players.... so it comes back on the players.

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #36 on: <01-24-14/1140:22> »
so it comes back on the players.

+1 and I'll also add that it depends a lot on the GM too.  If the GM doesn't want the potential in-fighting and player-killing, then he/she needs to make that clear from the get-go and block any potential opportunities for that to happen.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-24-14/1144:43> »
Very true namikaze...

Table rules trump all else. But should be set from the start.

If the table rules say "No PKing" then it doesn't matter what your character thinks, or how much of a negative quality you have, other players are off the menu.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <01-25-14/0106:43> »
Reaver, the idea from the OP is typical runners.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #39 on: <01-25-14/0459:12> »
They're about to find out, if only because I can't justify buying a deck to keep up the illusion.  I have been wanting to do this reveal for a while now, though.  Should be fun.

Speaking as a player who decided their character would Emerge, always buy a deck.  Keep the deck.  Learn/remember how to use a deck; do so frequently.  Despite all the debate, there are reasons to possess both - Resonance traces, having agents run scutwork while you're offline, yadda yadda.  Wanting to do work under the noses of MCT is yet another good one.  I mean, really - being a technomancer is being a computer geek plus, so why not keep the computer geekery going as well, instead of totally abandoning it for the 'plus', y'know?
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #40 on: <01-25-14/0842:04> »
Despite all the debate, there are reasons to possess both

Don't forget using a Machine Sprite on it to give you a bonus to all your rolls and to repair matrix damage...
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #41 on: <01-26-14/0102:41> »
I believe that would be part of the 'yadda yadda'.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.