Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

Planning a car chase

(1/2) > >>

cyclonus743:
So i'm planning a car chase scene and i'm trying to decide what would be a good vehicle to carry some mid rent corp security.  They are trying to take down PCs in an armored bus.  They are aware of the bus.  It ran over a member of their team earlier.

Usda Beph:
CorpSec sould have something mildly armored but not Military grade with some gun ports and maybe a battering ram of some kind. Ok thats more a police item but it could have aplications for causing a vehicle to roll over in a pinch.

Archivist:
Be aware of your PCs capabilities when planning the scene before you put a ton of work into it.  I ran what I thought would be a dramatic car chase only to have it end before it started when the PCs summoned a spirit to use Accident on the opponent's car. 

Their was still a dramatic roadside battle and the troll tossed a Yak into highway traffic... but we didnt get the chase scene leading up to that fight.  (and the time i spent puzzling over the chase rules I could of spent prepping other things)

FastJack:
GM Rule #3 "If you build it, the players will find a way to break it."

Great way you could've gotten around what had happened, Archivist: After they had the spirit use it's power, the targets could have then pulled a GTA on a passing motorist, taking his car and continuing the chase. Then they could have also had a hostage or two... ;)

Liber Hazen:
Use tinted windows so the PC spell slinger can't target the Corp Sec units in the car. A Powerball in the middle of you vehicle will end things before they start.

Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version