NEWS

[SR4A - IC] From Russia with Love!

• 455 Replies

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #15 on: <01-08-14/1204:43> »
Lynx nods to the security guys as they open the doors and he quickly heads towards the warmth inside.  He walks straight to the barkeep, "Vokda tonic please" then turns back to his companions, "Shall we wait for the others or head to our spot?" 

*I could care less either way.  It is plenty warm and there's plenty to drink.*
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

cr4kp0t

• Omae
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #16 on: <01-08-14/1223:53> »
The barman stand there and just slightly raises his eyes to give you dry sarcastic stare as he says to you with his gravelly rough hewn voice

Dunna serve fancy shite like that 'ere matey...

He pauses for a moment then turns round and places the clean glass carefully on a shelf bellow the bar before leaning forward and telling you

Ya' got a choice of our finest grogs chummer; brewe'd 'ere and matur'd for yeers.
No finner grog in teese parts, if yeez ask me,
If ya dunnay like it feck yaself.

PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #17 on: <01-08-14/1237:37> »
Lynx can't help but raise an eyebrow. *A bar with no Vodka?*

"Alright old timer let me have a mug of your fine grog then.  I am sure it's the best for kilometers."  Lynx had been in his fair share of shitty divebars but one that only served one beverage perplexed him.  *I just hope it's not the grog that keeps the gangers at bay though it could just as easily be the barkeep's winning personality.*
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

cr4kp0t

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <01-08-14/1241:01> »
The barman fills a tankard from one of the barrel behind the bar and passes it over.
On the house fella! Enjoy
PbP Legend:

sothach

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <01-08-14/1540:44> »
I suppose that means wine is out of the question, Cork thought to himself as he looked at the drink.

"I say we wait a little while at least. But come 9pm we should get on with it whether everyone's here or not."

[spoiler]I am going to assense the tavern for paranoia's sake to see if there are any awakened/cybered up people or spirits hanging around. I don't know whether mundanes can notice when someone is assensing, for example if their eyes glaze over at all. If so, Corkscrew excuses himself under the pretense of going to the bathroom and finds somewhere safe to assense from. If not, he does it right now at the bar.

5d6.hits(5)=1[/spoiler]
Narrative Thoughts "Speech" <Matrix> Astral

cr4kp0t

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <01-08-14/1602:46> »
[spoiler=sothach]
There is no 'obvious' sign that you are using astral perception other than the way you interact and observe the area. I treat it as noticing magic with a force of 0.
So not likely to be noticed(except maybe my a fellow awakened)

Assensing results:
Everyone in the bar is mundane (other than flea), most of the locals seem to be suffering from the malaise of the neighborhood but are otherwise fine.
The barkeeper is in impeccable health, especially for an old ork; he seems anxious about tonight but its not clear why.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-08-14/1614:48> by cr4kp0t »
PbP Legend:

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #21 on: <01-08-14/1613:24> »
Flea kept the zip of her jacket down for easy access to the pistol in case any of the slotheads walking the street fancied some action. The cold night air scratched at Flea's sinuses as she lengthened her sstride, shortening the time she had to spend in this shit-tip neighbourhood.
Approaching the bar at last, flea keeps her head low as she slides between the bouncers and enters the pub.
Glancing around as she takes off her gloves and hat, she looks for the others and heads to the bar.
Hey, what's good on tap tonight? [quietly spoken] The count wants to see us
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

cr4kp0t

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-08-14/1622:35> »
The barman looks at flea, as she walks in with a disapproving glare, before pouring a mug of grog and sliding over the counter toward her.
The same that good on tap ev'ry night,
Me own 'ome brew.
Grog! on the ;ouse!

When you mention the count he is taken a back and seems stunned as he looks over to your comrades, and back at you. pausing a moment to catch his wits before leaning over and hushly speaking to flea.
He's in back... I'll show you in when the fourth arrives....
sorry for staring by the way m'aam...
never much liked the land of the rising sun...
too many bad memories.

with that he returns to the bar before going to collect the empties.
PbP Legend:

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #23 on: <01-08-14/1747:24> »
Lynx thanks the bartender for the free beverage and turns back towards the door just in time to see Flea enter.  He raises his mug to her and takes a large gulp immediately swallowing it, ensuring no matter how poor it tastes the alcohol will have a chance to take hold and warm his gut. 

Waiting was never his strong suit so Lynx meanders over toward the fire and takes a good look around the place.  His eyes draw back towards the solid mahogany bar, *You do not see that kind of craftsmanship around much anymore.  Perhaps one day I will get one for the cabin.*  He chuckles to himself and takes another large gulp of grog.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

sothach

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <01-08-14/2006:14> »
"Charming man, that bartender." Corkscrew muttered to Flea once the barman was out of earshot. "Charming part of town, too. I only counted four groups that looked ready to mug me on the spot on my way over here. Practically paradise."

Vandarl

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <01-08-14/2100:38> »
Watching the byplay between the bartender and Flea, Raróg does his best to hide a smile as he goes to the bar for a drink as well. "I'll have a mug of your grog as well, since it is what is on tap. And complements to the brewer. I think the count is expecting me as well as the others."

Raróg makes a note to remember this bar, the ambiance and warmth are better than the neighborhood led him to expect. Plus where else can you get a good mug of grog these days....

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #26 on: <01-09-14/0504:18> »
Seeing the barman's reaction to her appearance, Flea gave a neutral answer
Funnily enough, I get that a lot. Thanks for the brew, I'll let the guys know.
Flea takes a swig and nearly gags on the aftertaste, doing her best to smile at at Lynx in return but probably pulling some godawful grimace in reality.
Chikuso, it's got a kick to it! How you doing anyway? Not seen you in a while! {quietly} The contact is in the back, the barman is gonna show us through in a few minutes.
Flea nodded in recognition at cork and rarog in their respective seats, gesturing at her wrist to indicate they'd only be waiting a few more minutes.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #27 on: <01-09-14/0751:29> »
Lynx lets out a deep chuckle seeing Flea get chocked up by the odd beverage.  "I have been well enough chummer.  Have you been taking care of yourself?"

He takes another swig of the grog then leans in to respond to her hushed words, "This is good my friend.  We are all here, I say we get this meeting started.  I am anxious to get to work."
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

sothach

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <01-09-14/0953:11> »
"Anxious, yes." Cork smiled, tapping his cheek just under his eye with a finger. "That seems to be going around. The barman seems to be particularly nervous tonight, best we keep our wits about us."

cr4kp0t

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <01-09-14/1231:31> »
Once the barman has finished clearing the empty mugs he walks over to your table and addresses politely
The count will see you now if you'd like to follow me...

He walks over to the end of the bar and opens an old rickety door then reaching to his pocket pulls out an old fashioned iron key and unlocks the door across the hall. Then standing to one side he beckons you into the dimly lit room.

As you enter the room the only light is from on the opposite wall to the door. the walls are paneled in walnut and chestnut. there is an oval antique dinning table in the center of the room with eight velvet lined chairs surrounding it. A man is sat in one of the chairs on the far side of the table. It is clear  that the man is very tall and his pointed ears clearly indicate he is an elf. Another bulky man is stood over the fire poking it periodically he's dressed casually in combats clothing and an old school bomber jacket. He has an obvious pistol hanging on his hip.

The man waits for you to enter and then indicates to the barman that he can leave now.
Thank you Marvin, that will be all.

The contact waits for waits for the door to close and as you hear the heavy footsteps of Marvin heading back to the bar he leans forward onto the table with his hands crossed to address you.
I appreciate you all coming on such short notice.
If your interested I have a job for you,
should be relatively simple or at least it should be,
however I appreciate these things are never quite as they seem.

I'll be blunt I need someone to join my organisation one way or another.
Make it happen and there's 10k in it for you, 10k each that is.

If it goes well there may be some more work for you too.
If your not interested the door is right there and i thank you for your time.
PbP Legend: