NEWS

Looking for 1 Player for Maptool game.

• 7 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« on: <02-15-14/0324:30> »
So, I've tried a lot to find a third for a 5th Edition game.  I'll be GMing and playing a technomancer, the other player has an Ork shaman.  They have a bit of Karma under their belts (only about 12 or so).  A few things to mention...

About the game:
  • The game will be run using Map Tool, which is a free-to-use program that doesn't require any installation or signing up.  It's similar to Roll20 in that it has a chat box and a grid screen for tokens and the like.  I'd really prefer someone who has some amount of experience with that sort of online play.
  • The main focus of the group are smuggling/coyote style runs.  Vehicles will be important and chase combat will happen fairly often.
  • A focus on roleplaying will be appreciated.  A lot of travel time means a lot of conversation time.
  • I have an editable PDF character sheet for Shadowrun I'd like you to use, that way it can be sent back to me when you're done and I can keep track of the PC's abilities.

About myself as GM:
  • I am only moderately experienced in GMing.  I'll really appreciate any feedback, and if you are confused or lost because of my narration, pointing it out will be greatly appreciated.
  • My schedule is mostly open, as is the other player's so it will be flexible for setting a day for us to play.  Once a week at least would be preferred.
  • I really prefer to be involved in the characer creation process.  Not to dictate how you should make your character, but to help by suggesting what may be especially useful in the campaign.

About the story:
  • The first run will be based on the example run in the Coyotes book.
  • After, there will possibly be one or two more basic runs, like extraction or other smuggling runs for the group to get to know eachother and gain a bit of Karma.
  • Some time later, I intend to rework the Splintered States adventure to have a courier/smuggler theme, and will run that.

If you're interested, post on this topic or PM me.  Once I have a player I'll post again here so people know I'm no longer looking.
« Last Edit: <02-15-14/2159:37> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <02-15-14/1531:35> »
4e or 5e?
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

Nobody

• Chummer
  • Nobody was here. Nobody saw you.
« Reply #2 on: <02-15-14/1609:05> »
My schedule's a little tricky, but I've had a lot of fun in the past with maptools and might be interested in filling your Rigger slot. I far prefer 4th Edition right now (currently it still just has way more solid content, I'm sure 5E will fill out nicely), but I'm up for either.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-15-14/2159:05> »
Fifth edition.  I suppose I shoulda specified in the post.  I'll edit it to do that.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Triskavanski

« Reply #4 on: <02-15-14/2201:12> »
With my intrest, I'd want to make a Battle Commander technomancer.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-15-14/2204:01> »
I feel like having two TMs in the group would lead to some uncomfortable overlap, since currently TM is a primarily hacker archetype.

Triskavanski

« Reply #6 on: <02-15-14/2210:37> »
Hacker as in he tries to be a decker?

Cause I'd be more along the lines of boosting technology, counter-hacking, and full on support.

You got some goggles to boost your sight? Lemme make them better.
The other technomancer is trying to hack a machine? I'll put some defenses on him, and support him from behind with agents.

Though the others would probably be better choices.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-16-14/1417:38> »
I believe I've found someone, so the position is now filled.  ^ ^

Register