NEWS

[IC] UB 10 -- finished

• 219 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #30 on: <01-11-14/1910:05> »
Stake. We may need your help on-site, if you are able to run diagnostics on the cyberware or even help us fix those. Are you willing to join us here?
« Last Edit: <01-12-14/1143:40> by Sichr »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <01-11-14/1927:03> »
"Will join you shortly," Stake said to Zach while getting back to AR, "but right now, we have a problem. Call you back soon." With that, he restarted his deck withouth further ado. Then he called Zach and Storm. "Zach, whoever you called, has some leeches attached. There was someone trying to sniff around the call. I will join you and reset our network, but until then i want you to reboot and check your systems regularly. Over and out." With that, he disconnected the call and rebooted again. After finished, he went back to VR to check if he made the leech lose the trail, then went to join the others at the bar.
[spoiler=matrix perception]INT(6) + Computer(5) + hot sim(2) - public(2) [Data Processing(6)] (11d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <01-12-14/0344:25> »
Copy that.

With no further hessitation, Zach turns off his commlink, loosing the wireless connectivity for all his linked devices, as their signal is too low to deal with surrounding Noise.

Storm, we go offline.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <01-12-14/1127:14> »
Storm nods her head at Zach and immediately powers down her commlink.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <01-12-14/1148:44> »
Are you able to help Danny with that ware problem? I dont know if our abilities are enought for that. Well at least running diagnostic with autodoc may tell us where the problem is. And if problem is recognized, it would be much easier to find the solution.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <01-13-14/1146:13> »
@Stake:
The snooper wasn't able to find your device in the matrix since they were unable to crack the encryption on the call, and you don't find any sign of anyone attempting to mark your deck or the devices slaved to it.

You hustle along to the Piggyback and make it there quickly.  You find Zach and Storm having a conversation with a group of orks and you make your way towards their end of the room.

@Everyone:
Dannyboy continues, "I'd appreciate you helping us out like that, now you wanted to know about the security of the place am I correct.  I always found it to be quite....light, you could say.  Granted, I never made a real assessment, but I've cased enough establishments when we were doing block by block house raids in Bogotá.  In terms of occult security, I never saw anything strange, and from our experience in the field, heavy mojo often times causes strange things to happen that even those of us who cannot see astrally are able to pick up on.  Well, maybe I take back the part of not seeing anything strange, but I didn't see anything of an other-worldly sort, or at least I don't think it's of that nature."   

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <01-13-14/1213:35> »
Hm. Who is providing security for them? KE or USAC army itself? And before I forget that...did you just say you have seen something strange?

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <01-14-14/0519:49> »
Stake stopped for a moment, sizing up the orks before joining the gathering in the Piggyback. He greeted Zach and Storm with a quiet ”Hey, guys.” and the orks with a nod, and while they conversed, he set the slaving back up, to protect the team’s comms.

Some few keywords, like ‘security’, ‘occult’ and ‘mojo’ registered in his mind while he worked, so he asked Storm to quickly fill him in about the earlier part of the conversation.
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <01-14-14/0754:13> »
Knowing that the cybered ork could hear every word even if she whispered, she spoke to Stake in a conversational voice.

"This is Danny-boy. He's agreed to do some things for us if we can set up his locals with permanent medical assistance and if we can fix his buggy cyberware. Danny-boy, this is Stake. He's going to be the one responsible for fixing you up."

She gives a severe look to Stake, as though to say "Bluff if you need to"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <01-14-14/0903:25> »
Stake looked at Storm wit a blank face with a moment, some strain showing in the corner of his eyes, then he nodded to the orks again. ”Good to meet you, I’m Stake. Don’t let me interrupt the discussion, we’ll have plenty of time afterwards.” He drew back, trying to blend into the background, while his thoughts were racing. Drek, I knew I should have taken that beginner course in Complex MedTech. Why did I have to immerse myself in the Code instead? Drek, drek… Calm down, man, there’s nothing to worry about. It’s just electronics, and software, nothing more. You just have to look at voltage, sensors, control software, just what you always do. A bead of sweet rolled down his brow. The rest drenched his back under the jacket. And it’s nothing you have to worry about if you hose it. Just a couple’a orks, all angry and probably armed.
He suddenly cut the line of thought and started to devise the appropriate search parameters for when he knew what type of cyberarm they were talking about, what kind of manuals and AR overlays he’d have to look for. Almost an aside, he casually looked over the orks, to see how well they were strapped.
[spoiler=looking for weapons]INT(6) + Perception(3) + Vision Enhancement(3) [Mental(14)] (12d6.hits(5)=2)
Notes: vision enhancement adds dice as well as raises limit. I didn’t add active search bonus, as I try not to stare at the orks openly.[/spoiler]
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <01-14-14/1137:04> »
@Stake:
The orks look a lot less dangerous than gangers roaming the streets.  You can't see any side arms, but their cloaks are pretty baggy.   You can tell these guys are veterans who have served their time, and even though they're still young, their bodies have seen the wear and tear of someone much older.  For the most part they seem much happier resting their bones and not getting too worked up.
   Your ARO indicated that he has invited a mark from you to his cyber-torso
[spoiler]OOC: I'll let you substitute Hardware for Cybertechnology but with a -3.  Any software problems with the cyberware you can just handle with your Software skill. [/spoiler] 

@Everyone:   
    Dannyboy turns to Stake and nods.  "Good to meet you."  He turns his torso back and forth and you hear the whirring noise.  "My biggest problem seems to be this damn rotator servo in my torso, but really the whole setup just feels buggy." 

Responding to Zach's question, he thinks for a moment then answers, "The security wasn't KE, it was ....something..security solutions...TL Security Solutions was the name, that's it.   He seems to get lost in thought. "The strange thing I remember  is that for a short while we had a whole group of patients that arrived.  I was recovering and by that time I wasn't delusional anymore, I could even carry on a conversation with my fellow hospital roomates.  These guys, they were all marines like us, but they didn't have nothing wrong with them except they were comatose.  Just would lay there with their eyes open and their faces completely blank.  Over the course of a few days they all just started flat-lining and would get carried out.  Only one of them survived.  I was in there 1 month with him.  He never once said a word or moved an inch."
[spoiler]OOC: Dannyboy makes a memory test.  Log 3 + Will 4 = (7d6.hits(5)=1).[/spoiler]

"His name was Lt. Goodman, don't remember his first name.  I was discharged and he was still there alive when I left.  That would have been about a year ago.  I never found out what happened to those marines.  But I tell you they didn't have a scratch on them, but it was as if their minds were fried." 

« Last Edit: <01-14-14/1141:34> by inca1980 »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-14-14/1258:12> »
Hm...I dont recall hearing of such company. Well, Stake, this looks more like your domain. Youi know, fried brainz and things like that.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <01-14-14/1700:56> »
"Or could be the effect of some chem," Stake shot back, "or the byproduct of seriously hosed mojo. There are to many ways to get into a catatonic state to do better than guess without further info. I can look up some chem and some tech that can induce that state, but we should set up a priority order as i begin to have too much to do at the same time."
Stake thought back on his lessons in the corporation. They covered the basic effects of hot sim sensory overload, he saw some descriptions about what meeting with a black ice could do to you, but it mainly was serious brain damage. Or could they have been simply link-locked? Link-locked technomancers, maybe? Drek, it was hard to concentrate on a simple question with so many stimuli.
[spoiler=thinking]Note: Stake tries to determine if he heard about any matrix security measure or chem that causes a state described by Dannyboy.
LOG(7) + Chemistry(4) [Mental(11)] (11d6.hits(5)=3) (i used active chemistry as a knowledge but i think they are inseparable so i didn't use any negative dice pool modifier, neither did i use my mnemonic enhancer bonus; please correct me if i was assumin wrong and remove dice from the end as you see fit)
LOG(7) + Security Design: Matrix(5) + Mnemonic Enhancer(2) [Mental(11)] (14d6.hits(5)=6)[/spoiler]
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <01-14-14/1705:35> »
Fucking smartass

Yeah so what about trying to focus on that Lt. Goodman. I suppose that would be classified, but you never know if there isn some leak hereo or there. And that security company, TL Security solutions didn`t ring the bell. Hell. Do watever you thing is right. I am going to bring those medkits so we can run the diagnostic on Danny here.

Zach mutters some russian and yakutsk words on his way out, clearly it is some sort of high appreciation. Looks like he always had a soft spot for NERDS.

Especially for those dwarven ones...
« Last Edit: <01-14-14/1716:12> by Sichr »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <01-15-14/0515:03> »
Stake shot a long, hard look after the grumbling ork. Fragging clueless razorboys. They expect us having every intel, on demand, without delay, and can’t even imagine it takes us time to pump the ‘Trix for info. He didn’t give too much thought though, he was used to this attitude, and he had more than a half-hour’s work ahead, maybe even a few hours, so he got to it. Oh, and not to forget, he left me here with a bunch of unknown muscle. And the mojo-slinger.
Thinking for a bit more, he set his priorities. It might take a while to get what he needed for the ork’s cyber, so he’d start with the intel requested by Zach, at least they’d have some reading to do while he looked for the rest. He put the invited mark on Dannyboy’s ware, checked it for niceties, and downloaded the technical details if he found none.
[spoiler=matrix test]Matrix Perception, complex: INT(6) + Computer(5) – public(2) [Data Processing(6)] (9d6.hits(5)=3); simple test, I’d like to know the following: is there a data bomb, its device rating, number of boxes filled on its condition monitor[/spoiler]

”Guys, I have to do a few rounds on the ‘Trix, looking for some tech manuals for your exact type of ware, among other things. This should take a while, but maybe you could make it easier and quicker. You know which grid the military uses? I just want to gather all the intel on the Lt, not do anything heavy, mind. It might also help if you remembered when he was brought in to the hospital.”
Bulldog
Stake