NEWS

London 2072 , Not so green and pleasent land....

• 19 Replies

czarblood

• Newb
« on: <12-05-13/1125:26> »
Its raining , it has been for weeks , the new season kicks off tommorrow , ever since 2067 the first match has been on a sunday , this year for Trid , its back on a Saturday.

The boozer is a bit shabby , the strippers still ply there trade , Shoreditch has been up and down in the gentrification of London, it sits in the shade of the big corp towers that strech from Canary Wharf and Docklands , over to the City , the pulsing financial heart of London.

Still in places like the Red Lion , you still get the unwaivering eastender , bald , short shirt sleeves , some with Tattoos , some not.
There are now some Orks and Trolls and a few Dwarves in the place , in fact a Dwarf owns the gaff.

You have become a bit of a face here , you know the girls as nodding acquanitences as they move about the crowds plying the sculpted bodies to anyone who will stump up the 15 quid for a dance.

Beer isnt expensive , your drum (flat) isnt that far away , and its a good respite to be out of the rain, all this and match is about to kick off.

Ok Guys , for this game ,
  • please dont refer to your self as I , try and write in the third person
  • any In character comments or chat , please put in this blue
  • dice rolls , I suggest Invisible Castle , and use Xd6.hits(5) as a statline

any questions , please post in OOC thread.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #1 on: <12-05-13/1708:54> »
Smoky gets into the bar out of the rain hoping to get his buzz on for the night. No need to head to the fancy Awakened only club tonight this place will give out the drinks just the same, well maybe not as fine of whiskey as the Dragon's Flame but tonight Smoky is not in the mood for all the wards they have at the Club. Smoky walks up to the bar with his black leather trench coat a white shirt and a black silk tie, and does his best to get the bartenders attention. Hey Governor a double of Whiskey. When Smoky gets his drink he thinks about downing the glass a quick as possible then decides maybe he will slow the experience down for this night. Taking the Whiskey he heads to a seat where he can get a look at the girls shaking there fun stuff for the bar and slowly savers the drink. Not the best Whiskey this fine country has to offer but then again it is far from the worst I've ever drank. I think tonight a nice show of girls and a few of these glasses and I should turn this dark wet day into something to wake up tomorrow morning and wonder about what fun I had. With the first taste of the Whiskey down the gullet it was time to pull out Smoky's good friend a Ares Black cig. With his smoke lit he sits back and puffs away waiting to see what this nights fun will be.
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-05-13/2111:39> »
Miner flips his third emptied shot glass in his hand and stakes it on the mini pyramid his been working on for the past 10 minutes. Miner leaned back a bit in his seat to get a better view and nodded his head in approval. Some time in Russia makes Vodka your new best friend if it wasn't already as Miner learned. It seemed to be his only friend though right now in London.

One wouldn't hurt but then I'll need 3 more to finish off the pyramid. Probably best to settle for something easier on the liver.

Miner signaled the bartender, "Hit me up with a beer my good friend."

The bartender returned the gesture and slid him a cold one across the bar top. Miner nodded his thanks.

Miner then rested his elbows on the bar top and turned his head towards the trids above him. Some soccer game was going on. Miner probably would of of had his brains plastered about for calling the game soccer though around these parts. However the only football he knew though involved crushing blows, a ball shaped like a deformed egg, and metahumans who could scare you by just looking at them.

Miner however settled in and tried to enjoy the game going on at the moment.
« Last Edit: <12-05-13/2114:38> by Solodice »
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Tkeela

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-06-13/0337:33> »
Tkeela decided to stay, at least until the rian lets up a little, maybe it wasn't such a bad gig, being a stripper, steady pay, a place to work out of the weather. The girls here had hinted at work if she wanted. If things got any worse, just maybe...
Sitting down she eyed the room, noting some guy making a pyramid out of shot glasses, reminded her of a few years ago when she used to hang out at the soycaf shop with her friends and make pyramids out of creamers, always made a mess, never tipped, hung around forever, a menace...but the ugly serving girl would always come around and fill all the cups with a smile, what a shitty job.
Rye and Cola please
Maybe it will be a good game tonight...

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #4 on: <12-06-13/0712:57> »
Treble 12. he'd needed the double to seal the game, now he was bust. With Mick only needing a double 3, he was surely out of the runnings for the prize pot this week.
Mick slammed his first two darts outside the ring, but nailed it on the third, turning to face scout with a smug look on his face and his arms half raised in a victory pose.
You're a twat Micky. Get em in, I'll have a bitter.
Scout shook his head and went for a slash in the gents. Coming back into the bar Micky and the lads were recounting stories of previous victories and talking tactics for next weeks darts fixture against the cross keys inn down the road. Scout took a healthy swig of the bitter left on the bar for him and smiled wryly at Micky. Thought I had you for a minute there, good shot. You sticking about for the game? He nods towards the trid screen, currently showing the pre-match build up. Looks like arsenal's new multi-million nuyen transfer was starting up front today, some puffy elf from Paris St. G. With any luck, Tottenham would smash him up and give Fulham half a chance in a couple week's time.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <12-06-13/1101:06> »
Landslide sat in his usual chair, one that could bear his significant body weight. At least this watering hole had one of those heavy frames that could bear 400 kilograms of troll and artificial bone and muscle. He grabbed the neck of a one-liter beer bottle possessively while watching the trid idly and listening to the chatter around him. He was currently pleased, not that he was too hard to please. That Jimmy boy, although just an ork, showed promise and wanted to learn from him. He might be a good addition to the group of enforcers, he had to drop a few words to Sergey. And he was eager, so Landslide could expect a few more beers out of him. And he was big and strong for an ork, easily 20 centimeters higher than any other of his kind in the bar. That boy really showed promise.

Even the annoyance of this shitty game they called football could not displease him today. After a few years in London, he still couldn’t understand these people’s fascination of a game that didn’t contain enough torque to fill a scooter or muscles to fill an ordinary troll. Puny guys chasing a ball down an open field, with no cover, tunnels, rooms, lanes… boring. It was no pastime for real men. Unfortunately, these people insisted, and he wasn’t in a mood to start a brawl for this, he didn’t want to watch out not to crush one of them accidentally.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

czarblood

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <12-09-13/1047:03> »
As the game starts you hear a few chants , 'C'mon the Arsenal , Up the Gooners' , 'Lillywhites.....' and every settled in to watch the game.

About 20 mins in the barman approches Landslide , 'Hey are you looking for some work , 40 quid an hour for a bit of delivery and pickup' ?

« Last Edit: <12-09-13/1053:12> by czarblood »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <12-18-13/1531:22> »
Landslide looked up at the man approaching him. When he said the keywords ‘job’ and ‘quid’ he instantly became interested. Nothing better than getting paid, he thought, but he wasn’t throwing caution to the wind. After a quick calculation on his commlink, he decided this actually might even be worth the trouble, unless it was some setup. But people around here knew about him, and some might even know about his connection to Ivanov, so there should be no problems. ”Hoi, man, you have my ears. So, what do I?” He tried to keep his voice down, but being his size, it still was a quiet rumble.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <12-18-13/2011:26> »
Miner took a sip from his beer and watched the game commence. It game looked to be more like a grudge match then anything else between the Arsenal and Gooners. In the first 5 minutes the first yellow card was drawn. It was a very international and brutal body slam to a Arsenal player's blind side. The Gooners player played it off like he didn't see the Arsenal player when running to the ball but the ref was having non of it.

This actually might be more interesting then it seemed.

"What's the deal between these two?" Miner said to the patron to his right motioning with his beer to the soccer game.

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #9 on: <12-19-13/0938:56> »
Sorry mate, what was that? It's too bloody noisy in here!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Solodice

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <12-19-13/1353:37> »
"What's the deal between the Gooners and the Arsenal!? I haven't seen a grudge match like this in a while!" Miner says cupping his free hand around his mouth.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <12-19-13/1404:35> »
Sage sits back in his chair and pulls up his hood that is wired with a Trode. Not wanting to be noticed moving his hands in the tell tail signs of using AR Sage turns on his Direct Neural Interface. Once the AR view starts up Sage mentally opens two windows one with local news just to see what the crazy streets of London are up to the second screen is more of his own interests Data Havens with magic as the subject. With his shades covering his eyes Sage reads all the info the 'trix will give him today on magic and local news. Maybe this will have something arctic to add to my mental database. Sage smokes his Ares Blacks as he soaks up the info.

czarblood

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <12-19-13/1808:56> »
The Dwarf Publican , snorts , ' you interested '

czarblood

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <12-19-13/2053:45> »
Sage smokes his Ares Blacks as he soaks up the info.

OI ' said the dwarf , take your fag* outside...

*FYI in UK Fag is slang for a smoke...

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <12-19-13/2145:16> »
AH !!! I was hoping this place would let me draw back on my death fog but no luck this dark wet night. Sage takes his pocket ashtray out of his jacket and puts the stick of death into a cold dead coffin. After putting away his ashtray he grinds his teeth and starts fidgeting with his hands. The Dragon's Flame club does let me smoke inside it but there is no way I'm getting pissed then have to re cast my spells when I walk out of the club, wards are not always a good thing for a drunk mage to walk through.

Register