NEWS

my brain is dead and need quick answer - SR5 gear

• 2 Replies

justkelly

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« on: <01-06-14/0051:27> »
If I have a datajack in my head, attached to my cyberdeck, are glasses with image link, smartlink, low-light vision and/or thermographic enhancements redundant?

If I have the datajack in my head, but currently am not directly connected to my cyberdeck, I would still need those same glasses with enhancements, right?

Thanks for helping out the tired and weary.
Never ask a woman how old she is...she might tell you and then what would you do.

Vidnaut

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-06-14/0107:14> »
The image link might be redundant with the former example as you'll have access to AR through your DNI but you'll need the glasses for low-light/thermographic as seeing AR doesn't give access to those vision traits.

Likewise, you still need those glasses for thermographic/low-light but wireless connection to your cyberdeck gives you access to AR so the image link is redundant.

Of course, fluff would say that many people prefer to have an image link because seeing AR with your mind's eye is kind of a pain-in-the-ass as opposed to just superimposed over your field of vision.

Rotor

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-06-14/1424:25> »
If you put your datajack in your gun to benefit from your smartgun while keeping it "wireless off", you'll need imagelink to keep AR access. At least, that's how I understand things.