Shadowrun Play > Gamemasters' Lounge

Best starting module

(1/3) > >>

Djinnocide:
Hi guys. I'm a new DM and I'm hoping to start a campaign with some friends who are familiar with table-top roleplaying, but who know very little about the world of Shadowrun. Can you recommend a pre-built module that would be a nice starting point for the uninitiated? I'm hoping to find something that will give them the gist of what it means to run the shadows as well as something that has enough plot points to where they'll really get a feel for the world around them. Is there a definitive beginners module or would I be better off making one from scratch (I'd kind of like to avoid this as my first DM encounter unless it's unanimous that making your own is the best way to start).

Walks Through Walls:
I have always been partial to making my own adventures so my opinion may be a bit towards that, but there aren't a lot of premade shadowrun adventures right now. If you would really like something to get a feel go to drivethrurpg and look at getting one of the missions adventures for NYC. Either that or download one of the free Denver missions off of the Shadowrun website. These can also give you some good plot ideas for making your own for future runs.

Hope this helps

Djinnocide:
Thanks for the recommendation, WTW. I'll check those out.

Crossbow:
Just want to expand on the other post, the Denver Missions are a great starting point, I would also throw the Food Fight adventure on the main SR4 page as well, carried thru beyond just the shoot out in the stuffer shack.  Between the two it should give you a good place to start from until your team gets a feel for the game and you get a handle on what they are geared to accomplish

Bradd:
The Dawn of the Artifacts series is nice for exploring the magic and social aspects of the game, but it's weaker for tech, and it uses a lot of unconventional settings. I like it, but avoid it if you want to operate out of a single city.

On the Run has a nice balance of the various Shadowrun elements, but the mechanics are a bit shaky. It's good about telling you which dice to roll for what, the trouble is that their guidelines often depart from the rules of the game, so you'll be learning things "wrong." I recommend reading it thoroughly in advance and double-checking things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version