NEWS

Elemental Strike (Blast)

• 5 Replies

Evo

• Newb
« on: <12-03-10/1453:09> »
First off, brand new to the Forum.  Played 2nd edition back in the day and just now getting started on 4th.

I've searched the Forum for the answer, but can't find it.  So, I'll ask.
Can Blast be taken as the element for Elemental Strike?
and
How does it work?  The description for "Blast" mentions "Force", but that's a spell term.  How would it translate to an Adepts power?

Thanks in advance.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <12-03-10/1515:56> »
a) Yes it can

b) The Force of your attack would be equal to you Killing Hands/Critical Strike/Unarmed DV. Scratch that. The Force adds to the damage to determine Knockdown. So I'd put it to the Adept's Magic Attribute (and if you're a Mystic Adept, the amount of Magic you have assigned to Adept Powers).

Evo

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-03-10/1558:28> »
b) The Force of your attack would be equal to you Killing Hands/Critical Strike/Unarmed DV. Scratch that. The Force adds to the damage to determine Knockdown. So I'd put it to the Adept's Magic Attribute (and if you're a Mystic Adept, the amount of Magic you have assigned to Adept Powers).
Thanks.
Is that an official ruling or a personal one?
While I have no real preference on what should replace Force for the effect, a fellow player has suggested using the number of hits I get on the test as the Force. I originally thought it should be the base DV, but he didn't think it would be fair to use the DV since that can be boosted pretty high with Critical Strike.

I've got a bit of time to get the group on a ruling. We probably won't start playing for a couple of weeks. All but one of us haven't played 4th yet, but we're really psyched.  I always loved the Physical Adept of old (those and Riggers), so my first new character needed to be an Adept.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-03-10/1606:18> »
It's his personal ruling.
But it's pretty sensible one, lots of critter power for example are based on either the creatures force if its a spirits or it's magic if its not.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #4 on: <12-03-10/1615:07> »
As Mäx said, it's a personal preference. I didn't see anything in the rules on my scan through them that would set it as anything specific, but since the Force of Blast is based on the Force used for a spell, it makes sense.

Evo

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <12-03-10/1638:36> »
Alright, cool and thanks.

Hopefully I'll be on here a bunch more.  See you later.