NEWS

[IC, SR4A] The Deep Shadows

• 163 Replies

Nobody

• Chummer
  • Nobody was here. Nobody saw you.
« Reply #150 on: <02-07-14/0204:19> »
I spoke into the 'link, "Better out than in. We've all got something to do, and my task requires intense focus. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything that might narrow down our search."

A surge caught my eye, and I returned my concentration to the ritual at hand.
« Last Edit: <02-10-14/0028:09> by Nobody »

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #151 on: <02-09-14/0311:48> »
"Unless anyone has any further requests or tasks for me, I might start heading to Fenris in advance. Probably the safest place for me other than here." The changeling shrugged. He looked at  Iris, then at Ron. "When you two are set up for the network, send me a message and I'll add you in."
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

avpbott

• Newb
« Reply #152 on: <02-09-14/2327:44> »
"Ready"

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <02-10-14/1735:11> »
Fang shrugged and sent another message requesting admin access into Ron's commlink. Upon acceptance, he commanded it to slave to his bionode, adding Ron into the tactical network.

The members of the network who qualify will notice the changes in AR as Fang's tacsoft starts feeding their commlinks tactical information.

The changeling looked at  Bullpen. "I know we just arrived... But may I request a lift back to the harbour so I can get back to the  mainland?"
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #154 on: <02-12-14/0309:37> »
"Well, if you don't need me around here right now, I'm gonna drop be the office to offload those files, and hit the pavement in the morning."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Marlowe

• Newb
« Reply #155 on: <02-16-14/0040:04> »
Fenris Nacht sits at the end of a cul-de-sac in an abandoned neighborhood in Tacoma.  The single story building lies in a pool of darkness, obviously designed so people moving into and out of the club will have a hard time being seen.

The single doorman sniffs at you as you walk in, whether in dismissal or trying to place your scent you're not sure.  Inside the club you see small tables and booths placed far enough away from each other to provide privacy.  In the back surrounded by a cloud of cigarette smoke a man, if you can call the changeling that, sits and beckons you over.

He's obviously a Stage III changeling, morphing into a mixture of what looks like a gorilla and iguana.  Occasionally his tongue slips out to taste the air around him as he inhales a longue Chinese cigarette.

"So, you must be Ron and his friends.  Edd told me you'd be stopping by for a little shopping consultation."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

avpbott

• Newb
« Reply #156 on: <02-17-14/0137:28> »
"ya thats me nice to meet ya mister.......what was your name again.?"  Ron is still feeling a little uneasy since the strange feeling at the hanger but he is shrugging it off. 

Marlowe

• Newb
« Reply #157 on: <02-19-14/1845:27> »
"Call me Sid, everyone does."  You notice he neatly sidesteps telling you if that's his real name or not. 

"But you're not here to become my friend am I right?  You're looking for some...home security devices."  Sid flashes a smile which shows a very impressive set of needle shaped teeth.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <02-19-14/1938:19> »
Fang kept his focus on the conversation between Ron and Sid, not joining in. He briefly sniffed the air, gathering in the scent of the other changeling to help remember him, and to get his basic emotional state. He wanted to do some research on the team, but that would have to wait until he had more time to do it himself. The technomancer felt somewhat more relaxed in Fenris Nacht, he was less of the 'odd one out' in here. He did decide to bring back the encryption he had set up earlier to allow for secure conversation.

Mentally, he sent a message to the commlinks of the other team members. @All: Iris, Gray, do we have any further information gathered so far?

@Iris: Have you been able to unload the information yet?

[spoiler]Threading Encrypt:
Resonance (6) + Software (4) + Analytical mind (2) = 12 dice
12D6E5 => [ 4; 5; 2; 3; 2; 4; 6; 1; 2; 5; 5; 5; => 5 success(es) against 5 ] = 5 | ones: 1
Take 5 hits

Drain DV: 5S
Drain Resist: 11D6E5 => [ 1; 2; 6; 3; 2; 1; 1; 5; 4; 5; 2; => 3 success(es) against 5 ] = 3 | ones: 3
Drain MDV: 2S

5 Simple actions: Encrypt communications link to each of the teammate's commlinks (yes I have -just- enough subscription slots to do this, along with all my  other subscriptions).[/spoiler]
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

fourclover

• Newb
  • Entropy requires no maintenance
« Reply #159 on: <02-22-14/2003:54> »
Bullpen remains standing so that he can keep a visual on Sid while surveying the rest of the room casually. He orders a Cuban Toro via the AR menu as he scans for potential threats or unwelcome listeners.

[spoiler]Perception: 2 hits. Also, Cuban Toro is this http://www.tasteofcuba.com/toro.html[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"

"The law of gravity would be thrown into dispute were there a commercial interest involved" -- Lord Macaulay

avpbott

• Newb
« Reply #160 on: <02-23-14/1130:41> »
"in a matter of speaking.....yes and we hear your the one to uh help us with our.....predicament"

Sence motive: 2 hits

Windmill Hunter

• Newb
« Reply #161 on: <02-23-14/1727:05> »
Gray quickly responded to Fang while waited for Ron to finish his introduction //Nothing back yet, but friend of a friend access takes time when it's something like this, and relay to the others that we're keeping our aim hush hush, we don't want anyone putting two and two together after we've finished//

Gray waited till Ron had finished talking to Sid, then he approached and stood to the side of Ron. In the deep rolling norse baritone bestowed by his mask he said "Yes, an aquantance of mine has suffered a few highly embarassing break-ins, and he would both dearly like for that to never happen again and for the perpetrator to be alive if at all possible, he mentioned something about making an object lesson. You came recomended as someone who can cut through all the red tape in aquiring these sort of items and be reliably quiet afterwards. My aquantance values discretion very much and is willing to pay, one way or another, for you to have a tragic case of amnesia once we have finished our transaction."
Speech
Matrix
Astral
Thoughts

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #162 on: <02-25-14/0614:15> »
As Iris was on her way back to her part of town, she figured she'd start on at least the networking part of her work.

@Karen: <<Hey, caught a case tonight, don't have much by way of detail to work with right now.  Think you can meet up for drinks, talk intel?  I'm buying.>>  When Iris had first gotten into Seattle, Detective Karen Walker had been dealing with a group of deeply corrupt cops that had set her up to take the fall for them, and she was smart enough to realize she was going to need some outside help; a freshly relocated private detective with a history of going after corrupt cops was about the best she could hope for, even if the circumstances of Iris's departure from her home had been a cause for concern.  True to that reputation, though, Iris was able to find a way to deal with the ring, even if it did make her some enemies in the darker parts of of KE.

@Sal: <<Hey, this job you've got me on - how much do you know about it?  Client's holding back, could be something big.>>  Taking this job had been a favour for Sal as much as anything else; hopefully she could count on him to be up front about it.

@Fang: <<Not yet - on my way, but I might be making a stop or two yet.>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #163 on: <02-25-14/1943:57> »
@Iris: Alright. Remember to be careful.

@All: Our communications are encrypted. So it's relatively safe to talk through this network, but be careful all the same. As Gray said, make sure to be careful about how much information you give while networking.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)