NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings Post Mortem

• 129 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <02-06-14/0237:30> »
O'Connor cataloged Clem's armaments, and gave her a semi-mocking smirk, reflexively taking the opening,  "I can't help it if you keep your weapons in nice places to look." He mental cringed at his own comment, Dammit..managed to stay professional for about what? Minute, minute an' a half? Well, new record at least. He pressed forward, hoping to speed past it, and gestured towards the smg, "Cobra, right? Which variant?" At Clem's question, his face light up a bit, "Got Darrell workin' on a couple projects. Got a line on a replacement for the MG I broke, and the other one is upgrading that hunting rifle. What you getting?"
« Last Edit: <02-06-14/0321:22> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #91 on: <02-06-14/0354:08> »
"Now there's a surprise," Sammy said to Sam, "then again, I didn't know what to expect.  It's strange that they would get you out here too.  But where are my manners: how are you?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <02-06-14/0558:42> »
"And... there it is" thought Clem at O'Connor's remark. She decided to act as if she hadn't heard him altogether and instead answered his question. "The one with the gas-vent system."

After listening to him, she answered his second question with a simple "shotgun. Needed one. Just by the way, do you always travel with your whole arsenal on your back?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #93 on: <02-06-14/0618:28> »
O'Connor shrugged, "I'm kind of in the middle of a personal war. Never know when some assholes might swarm on me, so I'm always ready." He disinterestedly scanned the crowd again, but turned back soon, lest the morose tone of the bar infected him too. He shook his head, "God, this place is depressing."
« Last Edit: <02-06-14/0620:51> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <02-06-14/0934:25> »
Clem just looked at her drink and decided not to answer that comment. She instead went back to what O'Connor had said. "A personal war? What are you talking about?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #95 on: <02-06-14/1002:36> »
"Now there's a surprise," Sammy said to Sam, "then again, I didn't know what to expect.  It's strange that they would get you out here too.  But where are my manners: how are you?"

Sam smiled at the actress. "I assume that your note was as cryptic as mine was? I, too, don't know what to expect--but the cash they already gave us covers a lot of questions. Glad to see a familiar face, though."

Glancing at the security goon and the podium, which seemed somewhat incongruous in the parking facility, he stepped towards the smaller man. "Maitre d', I believe we have a reservation. Would you kindly show us to our table?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <02-06-14/1321:10> »
O'Connor finished off his beer before replying, "Think I told a bit of this story back in Hicksville. Anyway, long story short: Way back when, gang called the Azure Fists betrayed me and got me locked up. Now I'm out and I'm payin' 'em back every chance I get."

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <02-07-14/0147:08> »
"Wouldn't it be easier to go after the leader?" asked Clementine, a little puzzled by O'Connor's strategy.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #98 on: <02-07-14/0300:19> »
O'Connor scoffed bitterly, "All the time I lost because those fuckers stabbed me in the back, there's no way I'd be satisfied with somethin' as simple as that. I'm not gonna kill the beast, as it were, by cuttin' off it's head. I'm gonna feed it feet fraggin' first into a damn meat grinder." He ordered another beer and a shot of whiskey. He downed the shot promptly, and stared back towards the rest of the bar, "Gotta be more we can do than just sit here, hopin' for work."
« Last Edit: <02-07-14/0307:26> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #99 on: <02-07-14/0313:23> »
"I'm all ears, Con" replied Clementine. "Show me how you get work." after the words left her mouth, she half-regretted saying them.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <02-07-14/0359:01> »
A small smirk tugged at the ends of O'Connor's mouth, People ain't wrong when they think of me as a rabid dog, and you just gave me a helluva lot of leash. He chugged his beer before speaking, "Well eliminatin' the competition's always been a personal favorite. In my haunts, I just beat the shit outta one of the guys lookin' to fill the same role as me. That gets me a few more scraps, afterwhich I'm alpha fraggin' dog." He cracked his knuckles theatrically, "And after all the bullshit of that last run, a decent bar brawl sounds like a great way to unwind." He started to rise out of his seat a bit slower than he normally would. He was curious to see if Clem would try to stop him.
« Last Edit: <02-07-14/0436:03> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <02-07-14/1011:48> »
"Sit back down" exclaimed Clem when O'Connor stood up. "This isn't your show, Con. This is our show, so don't bring any unwanted attention to yourself. Acting like a drekhead won't get the Johnsons hot for you."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #102 on: <02-07-14/1733:33> »
O'Connor gave a mock pout, "Well you're no fun." He turned around and leaned back against the bar, but remained standing otherwise, "If a demonstration of superiority's out, what's your grand idea?"

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #103 on: <02-07-14/2257:32> »
"My grand idea is to let our previous job be our resume and show potential Johnsons that we can be cool, calm and collected. We don't need to bring unwanted attention." Clem ordered another drink and continued before O'Connor could say anything. "Whom do you think Johnsons would hire? A loudmouth that needs to make a show of everything or a professional that can be discreet in the shadows?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <02-08-14/0253:53> »
O'Connor shook his head, "You keep usin' the phrase unwanted attention like its this big, horrible thing. Haven't you ever kicked a hornet's nest just for the adrenaline rush?" He also ordered another drink without interrupting their bickering, "A loudmouth, as you put it, is great for soaking up all that unwanted attention that all you discreet people seem allergic too. Don't really know the types of jobs you usually take, but me, I'm not the guy you call when you need a problem solved. I'm the guy you call when you need a problem shot, stabbed, set on fire, and then dumped in an alley for the ghouls." He turned and looked Clem full in the face, "I get hired for jobs because I'm the meanest an' nastiest mutha on the block. I get hired for being a sledgehammer, not a scalpel."

Characters