NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings Post Mortem

• 129 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <01-17-14/0942:09> »
Without betraying any emotion to Torley, Clementine told him "If you give me your account number, I'll send you ¥500 for your trouble" and got her commlink out to wire the 25% to her contact. Once the money had left her account, she asked Torley "Have you spoken to anyone else since the end of the run?"

Uncharacteristically, Sam waved off the money. "Well, you saw the message from Red looking for medical help; I sent him to a friend of mine. She should be able to get him patched up. But other than that, no, it's been quiet." To himself, he added, Almost too quiet. Harris never got back to me about that guy for Red; I should've heard at least something, right? And now this deal fraggin' out...almost enough to make a man paranoid.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <01-19-14/2348:55> »
"No, I can handle the mods."

Ulrich considers the request. "Nice little test, shouldn't be a problem, but I will need some cash up front, say 3k, same on the back end, and I will have to let you know when that is."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <01-19-14/2359:50> »
Sammy knew better then to ask about 'people I work for'.
"Hopefully none of those 'people' show up tonight wanting their table," she said, "so, what's on the menu today?"

The meal goes well, Jesus doesn't seem interested in talking shop, and though he mentions having brushed up on Sammy's movies, he keeps the Hollywood questions to least annoying.  He talks a lot about being a kid in LA and seems to be most interested in that part of Sammy's backstory.4

After a fine meal, when Jesus has waved off the waiter a final time, he drops a little bit of a bombshell on Sammy, "So I have to thank you for giving me a line on Jayson Blackeagle again, didn't think he was still alive, I even managed to track him down.  We ran together back in the day."

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <01-20-14/1959:23> »
Interesting...  Wonder what that was about...  Fionn wanted to know who he was dealing with going in; he figured that maybe if he knew what the whole supposed beef was about, it might tell him something useful.  Not knowing which crime ring it traced back to made things a little more difficult, but he figured he could check with Clem and see if she'd ever heard the name.

@Clem: <<The name Mason Ritchie mean anything to you?  Been doing background on the guy for personal reasons; apparently someone in an Asian-orginated crime ring had an issue with him, but then got shut down pretty fast.  Sounds like he's connected, but I'm not sure if it's to anyone you might know or not.>>

Meanwhile, he took a run through the access log on his shotgun; it would be hard to trace another technomancer's intrusion, but if he could figure out when it happened, he might have a shot.
« Last Edit: <01-20-14/2001:16> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <01-20-14/2010:23> »
O'Connor nodded, loaded up a credstick, and tossed it to Ulrich. He turned to Darrell and wordlessly asked if there was anything else.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <01-21-14/0112:15> »
"Why am I not surprised," Sammy said, "everybody seemed to know everybody in that town.  And the guy didn't look all that surprised when we arrived.  Well, say hi to him from me next time you see him.  Which reminds me, we still have his rifle, or at least one of our gun nuts still has his rifle.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe you can take it back to him."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <01-21-14/2328:15> »
Clem was a little taken aback by Torley's refusal, but knew better than to take it as an insult. She simply thanked him for his time and help while her commlink informed her she was getting a message. A raised eyebrow gave a clue to Torley that the message was not something she was expecting or from someone she was expecting, but nothing else transpired. She decided to answer Fionn immediately.

"I've met him before. What do you want to know?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #67 on: <01-21-14/2335:14> »
She's met the guy?  Interesting.  Have to wonder if that means something...  It was hard for him to see this as a mere coincidence.

<<Hardcopy I got was telling me that I should go talk to him about what I came to Seattle about.  Implied that he'd be able to help.  Between my research and Torley's contacts, it looks like he's got a pretty solid rep in the shadows, but I'm lacking in specifics; figure if I could find out what sort of problem someone had had with him, it would tell me something.  Got no idea what, but definitely something.  How do you know him, anyways?>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <01-21-14/2342:48> »
"Why am I not surprised," Sammy said, "everybody seemed to know everybody in that town.  And the guy didn't look all that surprised when we arrived.  Well, say hi to him from me next time you see him.  Which reminds me, we still have his rifle, or at least one of our gun nuts still has his rifle.  I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe you can take it back to him."

"I wouldn't worry about the rifle, he isn't that much of a shot, but he told me how you guys ended up out there and we are running down some leads on that end.  I only mention it because you and I may have to work together somewhere down the line on this, and I wanted to hear your thoughts." Jesus said, showing the very first chink in the 'super-cool runner' armor.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #69 on: <01-22-14/0327:26> »
Clem answered Fionn's message. "I met him only once, but he's either a made man or he has powerful friends. What did you hear about his problems?"

She then turned her attention to Torley and asked him "Did Red ask you about Mason Ritchie?"
« Last Edit: <01-22-14/0329:13> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <01-22-14/0336:19> »
"Not bloody much - just that someone in an 'Oriental organized crime ring' had an issue with him, but it was quashed right quick.  Wish I had more to go off of, given what I've got to decide if I'm going to bring him in on."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <01-23-14/0310:00> »
"I have no idea what happened," Sammy said, a bit surprised by the 'running together' thing, "as mr. Blackeagle probably told you, we got a shot of Lael, so we don't remember anything.  But any information is more than welcome.  And as far as running together is concerned, as long as it's running and not flying, I don't mind."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <01-27-14/1400:50> »
Jesus grinned, "Okay, either I am not as charming as I believe myself to be, not much chance of that, or you are misunderstanding me.  You being relatively new to the shadows you might not have formed an opinions about romantic entanglements between people who have to work together.  If Jayson and I are able to develop some workable leads on what happened to you and the others down in the Tir, will a relationship be a problem for you?"

The elf seemed nonchalant posing the question, but he was clearly interested.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <01-27-14/1531:41> »
"A working relationship, not a problem," Sammy said, "if you can work with 'mr. psycho who doesn't know machine guns' you can work with everyone.  So, what direction are you guys looking and can we do something?"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <01-27-14/1706:31> »
"I didn't ask the convict out to dinner." Jesus leaned back waving off the rest  of Sammy's comment, "Not unless you got some high level contacts you trust in Portland.  Don't worry though, you kids manage to stay alive for a bit and something should turn up, then we'll turn you loose."

Register