NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings Post Mortem

• 129 Replies

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #30 on: <12-06-13/1350:44> »
Johnny stood up from the chair he had been relaxing in and sat on the edge of Nanny's desk. "Business first Nanny dearest." Johnny smiled and placed a credstick in front of her. "Four thousand two hundred and twenty five nuyen, your ten percent madam. I'm getting awfully close to paying off my debt; what will you do once I'm out from under your thumb?" Johnny raised an eyebrow his grin widening ever so slightly.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <12-15-13/1223:23> »
"So, last question," Sammy said to her brother, "a simple one to stop.  Give me the ten triple As."
She was at home for a change, and she was checking if he had studied for his economy exam the next day.  After he gave the correct answer she let him go back to his room to play some online games before he had to go to bed.  It was fun to have a normal family evening for a change.  And tomorrow she would have some fun with Melissa, who would come to Seattle with a film crew for a week.  Since the first day she didn't have anything to do while the crews set up the set, she had asked Sammy to go shopping, just like the old days in LA.

Sammy was waiting at the airport where the crew would land.  She saw Melissa at about the same time as the other mage spotted her.
"Hey Mel," she said as they embraced, "long time no see?"
"Sure is, Sammy," Melissa said, "when do you come back to LA?"
"Not immediately.  I have something going on at the moment."
"The same thing you needed the money for," Melissa asked.
"Indeed," Sammy said, "thanks for trying and luckily it wasn't necessary.  Let's go?"

Melissa said to the producer that she would be gone the rest of the day and to call her if something was going on they needed her for and then the two women walked out of the airport and took a taxi downtown.
"I thought we could go to the Aurora village," Sammy said after she had givent he address to the cabbie, "it's very nice and they have just opened a new Zoé shop there."
"Sounds like a lot of fun," Melissa said, "we're in the running for a technical award for our latest film, so I need a new dress anyways."

Moving into the shopping mall they wandered around, going from shop to shop and talking about various things.  At the Zoé shop they stayed a bit longer and Melissa indeed bought a new dress, while Sammy just bought a new type of handbag that went well with the gown she already had.  She contemplated buying a cocktail dress, but now she had less opportunities to wear one so she didn't.  She was also thinking about buying a car now she had a bit more money.  Something small but enough to cart her around.  While Melissa's dress was being changed to give a perfect fit, they went to a small restaurant Sammy knew in the mall.  They knew who she was and this made that she always got a good table, right at the window towards the mall so she could see the people walk by.

"So, Sammy," Melissa said after they had ordered, "what was all that stuff about you called me for?"
"I don't know yet," Sammy said, "we were hit by Laél, so there's a big gap in our memory.  I must say it was a strange team though.  A couple were people I wouldn't have gotten together with under normal circumstances.  We're still trying to figure things out.  And you, what's the new movie?"
"Something about runners," she said, "you know the sort.  Full of action, women without many clothes despite the Seattle cold and acid rain.  Not to mention magic that if you did it in real live would have your brain come out of your ears."
"That I know," Sammy said, "we got back in Seattle via Puyallup and we were attacked by a gang.  Since we didn't have many weapons with us, I thought to end it quickly by burning them nice and crispy, but I almost burned myself."
"You know you should be careful with those," Melissa said, "haven't you learned nothing.  But you look fine now."
"I had a couple of days in the local Docwagon facility to get back on track," Sammy said, "it's only with certain moves when I do my yoga exercises that I still feel some pain, but it's getting a lot better."

They stopped talking a while when the food was brought and after eating they went back to the shop to pick up the dress and the handbag.
"You want to go to a club somewhere," Sammy asked.
"Better not," Melissa replied, "but we start tomorrow very early and you worked with Jeff.  You know how much of an ass he is when you're not in time.  Another time maybe."
"Okay, another time," Sammy said, "let me know if you have some time later this week.  I should be at home most of the time.  You will get back to your hotel."
"No worries, I know where I have to be.  I'll just take a cab."

They said goodbye and while Melissa went to her hotel, Sammy went back home to Marcus.

« Last Edit: <12-15-13/1248:40> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <12-21-13/0129:32> »
SAM TORLEY

Sam also bows to Hiroshi, slightly less deeply than Clementine. "Hasegawa-san, we are honored to be meeting with you. I believe my associate has told you what we're hoping to acquire?"

“She has, and while such an item can be crafted, it will not be a swift process.  Additionally, the personalization and other unusual after-market modifications will require exposure of my assets, something I am not going to simply give away.”

Hiroshi waves a stylus on a datapad as speaks, when he finishes he passes the tablet and stylus to Torley.

[French 22, Heav B, Fore g, Skin, Personal, 5k, 10 weeks]

BULLET STORM

<"Darrell, I'm hurt ol' buddy."> The smirk on O'Connor's face indicated he was anything but, <"Part of my payment for that job was an introduction to some staff sergeant. So we goin' or do you just wanna pout and stay mad at me?">

“Whatever, I gotta make some deliveries anyway.”

You are soon driving your dwarven friend to the ass end of Puget Sound, the argument forgotten as you and Darrell talk about a new line of SMGs that he heard Ares was testing.

Tillicum is everything you would expect of a slum parked across from the front gates of Old Fort Lewis, strip joints, trailer parks and tattoo parlors, plus a Stuffer Shack for color.  The Shady Oak Apartments seems to be a repurposed no-tell motel over-looking I-5, and there isn’t a tree, of any kind, within a mile of the place.

Stopping at what you assume is 4C, since it is a bare door between the two marked 4B and 4D, you can hear a man and a woman hollering at each other indistinctly through the sound dampening walls.  You look to Darrell, who waves grandly to the door in a “Be My Guest!” fashion and stepping back.

JOHNNY CHOPSTIX

Johnny stood up from the chair he had been relaxing in and sat on the edge of Nanny's desk. "Business first Nanny dearest." Johnny smiled and placed a credstick in front of her. "Four thousand two hundred and twenty five nuyen, your ten percent madam. I'm getting awfully close to paying off my debt; what will you do once I'm out from under your thumb?" Johnny raised an eyebrow his grin widening ever so slightly.

The pretty fixer’s face takes the cast of hurt, “Johnny dearest, you make our relationship sound so crude.  I sincerely hope you don’t believe we will be parting ways anytime soon, I plan for us to be part of each other’s lives for quite a while.”   

She leaned back and crossed two very well sculpted legs and continued, “Now, what kind of business are we doing?”

MYSTECH

Later, when Doctor Halfmoon walks in, she quickly assess your condition and spells out the necessary information, “You will live, but you should stay here so we can monitor your recovery.  We can augment your recovery time with some additional services, but those will need to be designated at this time.  An immediate deposit of 2500 is required for service to begin.”

[spoiler]
Just gonna need to know what I'm looking at for recovery bonuses here before I roll - I'm guessing I still have to have the -2 technomancer penalty since it's not traditional medicince being used (technomancers follow the same rules as Awakened on that score).
Okay, so first of all, you got the basic roll wrong, it is Body x 2 for 6, minus the mod for tecnomancy, plus the Doctor’s roll and however much personal care you want to pay for (ie assitance bonus, 100¥ per assistance, per healing interval, max of 3), so the healing roll for you is 7 + whatever you want to pay for up to 10.  Remember your care costs 500¥ per day as well. [/spoiler]

SAMMY

As she walks into her apartment, her comm buzzes.  Noting the time, 1600, she sees a half remembered note she made for herself in the warehouse when she first laid hands on her link, but had forgotten completely once the shooting started: 2000, Top of the Needle, Jesus

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <12-21-13/1256:32> »
Sammy quickly did her grocery shopping, before going back to her appartment.  There she took a shower and put on her Zoé evening gown.  At least she would be able to use her new handbag very quickly.
"Marcus," she said to her brother as she came out of her room, "I have to go out tonight.  Just order a pizza or something and don't stay up for me, okay."
"Okay, sis," the young man said, going back to his game.

Sammy took a cab to the needle, arriving there a bit before 20.00.  She took the elevator to the top and waited.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <12-21-13/1519:42> »
“She has, and while such an item can be crafted, it will not be a swift process.  Additionally, the personalization and other unusual after-market modifications will require exposure of my assets, something I am not going to simply give away.”

Hiroshi waves a stylus on a datapad as speaks, when he finishes he passes the tablet and stylus to Torley.

[French 22, Heav B, Fore g, Skin, Personal, 5k, 10 weeks]

Sam glances at the tablet to see what the initial offer was. The first quote was never worth bothering with, he'd found. "Naturally, Hasegawa-san. We would not expect you to give anything away. However, you must also do us the honor of charging a fair wage for the use of those...assets. None of our requested modifications are so unusual as to merit such a steep mark-up--or such a long delay, unless you are planning on having it hand-delivered by a courier from Osaka." He picks up the stylus, crosses out the initial price, and replaces it with "3k, 2 weeks" before sliding the tablet back to Hiroshi.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <12-21-13/1731:44> »

BULLET STORM

<"Darrell, I'm hurt ol' buddy."> The smirk on O'Connor's face indicated he was anything but, <"Part of my payment for that job was an introduction to some staff sergeant. So we goin' or do you just wanna pout and stay mad at me?">

“Whatever, I gotta make some deliveries anyway.”

You are soon driving your dwarven friend to the ass end of Puget Sound, the argument forgotten as you and Darrell talk about a new line of SMGs that he heard Ares was testing.

Tillicum is everything you would expect of a slum parked across from the front gates of Old Fort Lewis, strip joints, trailer parks and tattoo parlors, plus a Stuffer Shack for color.  The Shady Oak Apartments seems to be a repurposed no-tell motel over-looking I-5, and there isn’t a tree, of any kind, within a mile of the place.

Stopping at what you assume is 4C, since it is a bare door between the two marked 4B and 4D, you can hear a man and a woman hollering at each other indistinctly through the sound dampening walls.  You look to Darrell, who waves grandly to the door in a “Be My Guest!” fashion and stepping back.

O'Connor rolled his eyes as he sighed heavily. He pounded on the door a few times, "Oi, Ulrich! Open up, Vinnie sent us!"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <12-21-13/2030:30> »

Sam glances at the tablet to see what the initial offer was. The first quote was never worth bothering with, he'd found. "Naturally, Hasegawa-san. We would not expect you to give anything away. However, you must also do us the honor of charging a fair wage for the use of those...assets. None of our requested modifications are so unusual as to merit such a steep mark-up--or such a long delay, unless you are planning on having it hand-delivered by a courier from Osaka." He picks up the stylus, crosses out the initial price, and replaces it with "3k, 2 weeks" before sliding the tablet back to Hiroshi.

Hiroshi examines the returned tablet with a look of concern, but he covers it with a sip from his cup.  "I don't think you have much experience in these matters sir, even if I should be convinced to discount the cost of the introduction, delivery speed is a factor that increases price."

(OOC: Thvor give a negotiation roll)
« Last Edit: <12-21-13/2035:05> by Crossbow »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-21-13/2055:26> »

O'Connor rolled his eyes as he sighed heavily. He pounded on the door a few times, "Oi, Ulrich! Open up, Vinnie sent us!"

The shouting inside stops immediately with the pounding, after a bit shuffling and a quick look through the peephole the door opens a bit to reveal a muscular man who could be mistaken for a bear in poor light, wearing a military shirt and camo pants, the boot laces loosened.

In a voice that doesn't change the ursine descriptor he growls "Vinnie said I was meeting a dwarf, you're short all right but I don't see a beard, where's the rock-biter?"

A look of outrage comes over Darrell's face as he goes for the Roomsweeper he has under his coat.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <12-21-13/2213:13> »
O'Connor scowled at the man as he stepped back to give Darrell a clean shot, You just dug your own grave asshat. With a few flicks of his wrists, O'Connors pistols slid into his hands. He stood ready to back up Darrell.
« Last Edit: <12-21-13/2334:05> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <12-22-13/0142:25> »
MYSTECH

Later, when Doctor Halfmoon walks in, she quickly assess your condition and spells out the necessary information, “You will live, but you should stay here so we can monitor your recovery.  We can augment your recovery time with some additional services, but those will need to be designated at this time.  An immediate deposit of 2500 is required for service to begin.”

"Right then...  I'd prefer not to be down any longer than I have to be here, got some things I've got to get on with.  On another point though...  I might be doing something soon where I have to go under for an indeterminate period of time; could be for a number of days.  I've heard of people coming out of this dead from dehydration, so I was hoping that if I do end up doing this thing I might be able to discreetly hole up here until it's done and just be kept in healthy condition.  That a service you'd be able to offer?"  In the meantime, Fionn pulled up the data he'd been compiling - the scans on his shotgun, the searches on Mason Ritchie...  He also fired something off on the group message.

<<At some point, we've still got to settle the debt for the overwatch that got us safely to Tacoma after we landed.>>

[spoiler]
Rolls on alternate site - healing complete in 2 rolls.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <12-23-13/0007:15> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <12-22-13/0647:39> »
Clem was watching Torley do his magic, fighting his own fight against Hiroshi. The ork appreciated his help, there was no doubt about that, but for the moment she didn't let any emotion transpire. She knew that a sigh, a blank expression, even a simple raised eyebrow could raise the end price. Suddenly, a message from Fionn flashed before her eyes. Quickly reading it, she decided to answer it later when she would have more time. The negotiations at hand were all the could handle for now.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <12-23-13/0138:45> »
Hiroshi examines the returned tablet with a look of concern, but he covers it with a sip from his cup.  "I don't think you have much experience in these matters sir, even if I should be convinced to discount the cost of the introduction, delivery speed is a factor that increases price."

(OOC: Thvor give a negotiation roll)

[spoiler]Rolled on the secondary site:
[ 15d6S ] => [ [ 1 5 3 2 1 5 2 5 4 4 2 2 4 2 3 ] ]
That's a whopping three hits. :P In a normal game situation, I'd probably use edge to re-roll the misses, but I'm not sure how we're handling edge during the downtime (and I don't want to abuse it as an ever-refreshing luck pool). So...GM, what's your call? Can Sam use his edge on this?[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #42 on: <12-30-13/1205:09> »
The pretty fixer’s face takes the cast of hurt, “Johnny dearest, you make our relationship sound so crude.  I sincerely hope you don’t believe we will be parting ways anytime soon, I plan for us to be part of each other’s lives for quite a while.”   

She leaned back and crossed two very well sculpted legs and continued, “Now, what kind of business are we doing?”

"Well I ran into a couple of people who I... violently, disagreed with on this last run and I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of a doctor you could trust. You know the kind that doesn't like paperwork." He let his gaze travel down her legs before meeting her eyes again. "Other then that I had a little shopping list you might be able to help me with. I think its time I took it to the max, ya know? Make my Nanny proud." He pouted out his lips and drew little hearts on her desktop with his finger before a wide sarcastic grin crept back onto his face.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <01-05-14/1927:16> »
Torley and Clementine
4k, 8 weeks --+250 per week sooner, minimum 4 weeks
The return offer is delivered with finality.  “Clementine is a good friend, but I will not give away a customizer of this quality for free and I have other work in the pipe for him.”

Bullet Storm

Darrell kicks in the door and follows it in, essentially walking up the body of the soldier as he fell back.  Chambering a round into the mini-shotty he sticks the barrel into the face of his victim. “Right here breeder, heard somebody needed an etiquette lesson.”
In the kitchen a woman screams and starts babbling in some strange language.
“Shut the frag up woman, can’t you see I’m working?  Jeez shortstack, I ain’t the one looking for a favor, you really think this is a good beginning to a business partnership?” Looking over past the dwarf he talks to O’Connor, his hands up and out unresisting, “Yo Meat, come get cha boy ‘fore we all lose out.”

Johnny
“I got a street corner pill pusher you can have for free or I can give you my guy in touristville for 200, leave me your list and I will see what I can do.”

Sammy and Mystech, coming soon

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <01-06-14/1905:07> »
Sammy

The Eye of The Needle has survived in the dog-eat-dog world of Seattle cuisine based on one thing, the view.  Yes, the food is delicious, and yes, the security and discretion are top of the line, but you can get those things without a 185 meter turbo lift ride.

The wraparound glass displays a dazzling view of the Emerald City, making it hard to see how deep the shadows can get.

Sammy has been to places like this before, but it was still breathtaking, and troubling.  She had been playing along and waiting for the other shoe to drop; there is no way that they were having dinner here, even if he could afford it the dinner, the wait for a reservation was measured in months.  She fully expected Jesus to stop her at the cab stand and take her somewhere else, even if she was overdressed.  But the joke seems to be on her, she stepped off the lift having been told her party was waiting at the top.

Jesus was impeccably dressed and seemed perfectly at ease with his surroundings, greeting her with an old fashioned kiss on the hand.  As he drew away she noticed a gift, a holo-corsage that matched her dress perfectly had been left on her wrist.

“Not bad for a kid from El Infierno, eh chica?” he said with the banger’s voice before turning to address the maître de and letting him see them to the table.