NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings Post Mortem

• 129 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <11-26-13/2339:21> »
"Sorry Red, don't know anyone in that field" answers Clementine, surprised the lanky elf didn't already know someone on the street that could patch him up. "Frail as he is, I would have thought he'd have a platinum card already."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <11-26-13/2340:58> »
Taking a sip of his drink, Sam smiled. This was a game he knew, and one he enjoyed playing. Responding to the group chat, he sent, "Sure, I know someone. I'll send you the details." Then he fired a quick note to Paul Harris; knowing that it was likely his comm was monitored, he kept it short and direct: Need background check. ID: Mason Ritchie. Tier one. Thanks. Since Red hadn't indicated any urgency--or a desire to pay, which was more important when dealing with Paul--Sam's note indicated that he just wanted the basic details that Paul could find in his line of business, without sticking his neck out. Higher tiers had their cost.

After that, he quickly changed into some loose, nondescript clothing and mussed his hair a bit; turning his back to a blank wall, he raised his comm so it was aimed slightly downwards at him and dialed Dr. Halfmoon's number. She knew he wasn't poor any more, but he didn't want to ruin her image of him.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <11-26-13/2354:09> »
@Sam, Clem, Johnny: <<Hazards of being new in town - hardly know anyone.  Appreciate it, Sam.>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <11-27-13/0113:17> »
"I have a Docwagon, so I went to their hospital," Sammy said, "you should get one as well.  The payment we got did cover at least a basic contract.  But for something completely different, did you manage to find out something?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-27-13/0127:56> »
"About the people who hired us?  Nothing yet - I have plans as to how I'm going to go at that, but it would be best if I healed first.  They might have given me a lead on what happened to my sister, too, so I've been looking into that as well.  Any special reason for asking?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <11-27-13/0139:51> »
"Not really," Sammy said, "just curiosity.  But you're right, healing first is not a bad idea.  Say, if you want I can come by for some magical healing.  I know how to do that."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <11-27-13/0144:32> »
"Thanks, but I think you might have done that already - from what I know, that only works once for a set of injuries, right?  Sam's getting me the details on a street doc he knows, anyways.  There anything in the info they gave you that you want my help looking into, by the way?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <11-27-13/0744:12> »
"I have to call back to my contact for info," Sammy said, "I don't have anything at the moment.  Although, I've done some checking and Laes is good for about 12 hours tops, with effects depending on each person.  So that means that from our meet with Mr. J until the first injection there couldn't have been more then that time.  That's rather short I would say, since administering it before we arrived at whatever it was they wanted us to do meant that we wouldn't remember what we had to do there."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <12-02-13/0910:39> »
O'Connor grinned, <"So I take it then, that you don't want access to higher grade stock?">

"What kind of scam are are you trying to pull O'Connor?  Ain't nobody gonna give a dirtbag like you access to any real hardware, hell I am only dumb enough to do because I need the business." in spite of the insults, you can tell the dwarf is curious.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <12-02-13/1011:23> »
Torley and Clementine:

[spoiler]After suitable precautions are taken on the part of both parties, you find yourself sitting down for coffee at a nice little sidewalk cafe that enjoys a wonderful view of the Aztechnology pyramid.  Joining you is Hiroshi Hasegawa, a very well built but professional looking man of Japanese descent.  Hasegawa is a friend of Clementine's but since she is looking to do some serious business thrugh a representative, all involved agreed this was how to handle things.  Although he approaches the table alone, there is no question that the large man that came in with him is muscle. as he sits down a few feet away and turns the chair to provide a clear sightline on his charge.
[/spoiler]

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <12-02-13/1751:58> »
<"Darrell, I'm hurt ol' buddy."> The smirk on O'Connor's face indicated he was anything but, <"Part of my payment for that job was an introduction to some staff sergeant. So we goin' or do you just wanna pout and stay mad at me?">
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <12-02-13/1817:36> »
Clementine bows to Hiroshi as he comes in, as they have done every time they met in the past. Once the proper introductions are made and that drinks have been ordered, she turns to Torley and whispers to him "You know my terms, so I'll let you work your magic. But don't be fooled: he's a tough negotiator."

Turning back to her dealer, Clem says "Let's talk business, shall we?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <12-03-13/1002:04> »
Sam also bows to Hiroshi, slightly less deeply than Clementine. "Hasegawa-san, we are honored to be meeting with you. I believe my associate has told you what we're hoping to acquire?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <12-05-13/1050:55> »
Johnny had set up the meeting between his fixer Nanny and Matty for the morning in hopes of a little time to recover. He wasn't at a hundred percent when he led Matty up to her office door but at least he felt up to the challenge of seeing Nanny. He winked at Matty before knocking and looking into the security camera and waving. As the door slid open Johnny grinned and threw his arms wide "Hello dearest nanny, I hope you missed me. I know I missed you." He pulled down the gold rimmed sunglasses and waggled an eyebrow. "I even brought you a souvenir." He chuckled and beckoned Matty inside.

Matty was really nervous about this meeting, though he was trying to be cool.  Walking into the bordello inspired office space and being eyed like a piece of meat by Johnny's fixer didn't help matters.  Fortunately where he was concerned the business he was doing was quickly dispensed with.  He passed over the rest of his cred and in return was given a cheap comm containing all of the data on his new life, including contact info for the chop shop he will be working in and keycodes for the new flat.

With she was done with Matty, Nanny turned her bedroom eyes to Johnny, the hungry gaze for new meat replaced by the familiar look for a choice morsel of her favorite treat, "Now what, exactly, can we do for you handsome?"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <12-05-13/1105:00> »
Fionn uses the contact fed to him by Torley to bring himself to a small street clinic tucked away in a residential area a stone's throw from the DMZ.  When he give the coded phrase to the receptionist he is led through a back door to an adjacent building where he found some small, but well appointed recovery rooms.  His guide hooked up an autodoc and ran through the cycle, guided by a Doctor Halfmoon who was still seeing patients but would check in with him later.

Register