NEWS

[OOC, SR4A] The Deep Shadows

• 156 Replies

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <01-19-14/2119:23> »
By 'Fang' I assume you mean 'Gray'. Fang couldn't intimidate a bunny rabbit. In fact said rabbit would probably laugh, somehow. Or intimidate him.
« Last Edit: <01-19-14/2126:52> by MaxKojote »
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

fourclover

• Newb
  • Entropy requires no maintenance
« Reply #121 on: <01-19-14/2140:14> »
Ah, you're right. That's what I get for posting when I'm distracted. I will edit it. :)
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"

"The law of gravity would be thrown into dispute were there a commercial interest involved" -- Lord Macaulay

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <01-20-14/0302:59> »
For defending on the intimidation from Fang Gray. I'm guessing my roll would be this: {Intimidation 1, Charisma 2, Obviously wielding a weapon 2, Physically intimidating 2} -- total of 7d6

Most games I've played in, however, don't allow social tests that pit player vs. player like intimidation and negotiation. So, Marlowe, will there be social tests between character players like Fang's Gray's intimidation against Bullpen? I'd prefer not -- I think it restricts role play too much. But if you do want to roll that way, let me know if you think 7d6 is reasonable.

My two cents: I've found, at times, that they can be useful as a guide, but not as something binding.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Windmill Hunter

• Newb
« Reply #123 on: <01-20-14/1751:47> »
I'm fine with cutting out the rolls, I just included them as it's a way to show an effort on grey's part to imprint this 'lesson' onto bullpen about the conseqences of cocking up, helped along getting a chance to vent off the gallons of adrenaline that have just been dumped in his bloodstream.
If you do want to stick with the rolls, 7d6 looks fine, if not I'll repost, but I'm with RHat that the dice stay a framework, otherwise what's the point of RP
Speech
Matrix
Astral
Thoughts

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <01-20-14/1911:58> »
I basically find that using the rolls for RP is great for dealing with (a) the aspects of persuasion that cannot be adequately portrayed by RP (especially prevalent for text-based RP), and (b) dealing with ability gaps between the player and the character.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #125 on: <01-20-14/2054:10> »
Oh right. Almost missed it. Fourclover! Intimidation is resisted with Intimidation + Willpower, not Charisma.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Marlowe

• Newb
« Reply #126 on: <01-20-14/2244:36> »
@Marlowe: How many hits did the sprite get? Need to figure out how many  tasks  I have, and how much drain I may have taken.

I forgot to roll! I rolled just now and got 1 hit.

So, Marlowe, will there be social tests between character players like Fang's Gray's intimidation against Bullpen? I'd prefer not -- I think it restricts role play too much. But if you do want to roll that way, let me know if you think 7d6 is reasonable.

I'll leave it up to you guys if you want it, frankly I don't think it's necessary in most cases.  Personally I prefer using rolls on things you can't roleplay directly, with combat and PC v NPC fights. 

However I will note that it can be worth rolling to reinforce how menacing you're being for things like this.  For example, if Dwayne Johnson threatens to pound you into tiny pieces it's more effective than the same threat from Richard Simmons, so a roll can be worth it.

If you want to roll 7d6 works just fine.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Nobody

• Chummer
  • Nobody was here. Nobody saw you.
« Reply #127 on: <01-23-14/0044:06> »
With a 10 minute interval, the spirits will probably be back by the time the roll is made yes? So I'll be able to drop the sustained spells on them before the roll. If I'm wrong, lemme know and I'll edit.

Marlowe

• Newb
« Reply #128 on: <01-24-14/2217:33> »
Your spirits will be back by the time your wards are setup but remember it's one hour per Force point - so a Force 1 Ward and a Force 8 Ward is 9 hours to setup, not 90 minutes (see what I meant about downtime?).  If you still want to have your character setting them up while the rest are at Nacht that's fine.

And just to make sure I'm following the thread, you're all back at the hangar before heading out to the purchasing meeting correct?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Nobody

• Chummer
  • Nobody was here. Nobody saw you.
« Reply #129 on: <01-25-14/1237:35> »
Right, it was the sprit search with the 10 minute interval. Also, only counted mana static for the first roll, as it fades at 1/hr.

fourclover

• Newb
« Reply #130 on: <01-28-14/1033:54> »
That was my understanding, Marlowe. We're back at the hangar and can soon depart to Fenris Nacht.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"

"The law of gravity would be thrown into dispute were there a commercial interest involved" -- Lord Macaulay

Marlowe

• Newb
« Reply #131 on: <01-29-14/1800:53> »
Excellent.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <02-04-14/0304:29> »
So, two questions to make sure everyone's on the same page:

1) What all do we need to do before moving onward to doing things?
2) What's the current state of the plan?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

fourclover

• Newb
« Reply #133 on: <02-05-14/1031:10> »
My impression was that we were doing a meet for a gear contact at Fenris Nacht, and we were going to do remote recon on the suspected locations.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <02-05-14/1511:08> »
I meant the overall plan - for example, are we still planning on getting a bunch of machine guns and so on?  Because I know I've highlighted in-character misgivings about that plan, and I'm not really sold on it out of character either.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites