NEWS

The Old Smoke: CH3

• 959 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #30 on: <11-13-13/1234:13> »
___Lumen____
Dunk lies back on the lawn, panting, trying desperately to calm himself down.
You manage to get a decent enough grip on the tattered drysuit to drag Mantis' body the remaining few yards into the clean and functional kitchen area and through into a small but well appointed lounge area.
Even with channeling your mana into your muscles, you didnt have quite enough strength to get him onto the couch. Mantis' body remained propped up in an awkward half-sit, half-laying position against the base as a man-servant drone descended the short flight of stairs into the lounge with a medkit in hand.
"I detect that medical assistance is required. I will begin treatment"
Hobbling back outside, Dunk had managed to get himself to his knees on the lawn, and his breathing pattern was more normal.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <11-13-13/1238:50> »
____Scawire____
Something was tugging at you as you fought to wake from your nightmarish visions.
It felt like the world was moving around you but no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn't shake it off.
A piercing shard hit into your wrist and warmth emanated from it, flowing into your body.
You felt more wakeful almost immediately, though the world was a blur as you opened your eyes.
You became acutely aware of a blinding ache from the back of your head. Moving your shoulder to feel the back of your head hurt, in fact everything hurt.
What the fuck had happened? you could barely remember...
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #32 on: <11-13-13/1253:01> »
The manservant with the medkit was a welcome sight.  "Thank the Queen.  Get to it!"  Once outside Knives offers his hand to Dunk, "Come on mate, let's get you inside."  With his good arm he will help prop Dunk up and hobble inside.  After sitting Dunk on the couch Knives collapses a few feet away.

Taking a minute to catch his breath Knives looks about the lounge, "I don't suppose you've got any beers, eh Dunk?  Is this your place?"
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #33 on: <11-13-13/1343:00> »
Mantis opens his eyes somewhat glad the nightmare was over, the only thing that makes him want to go back to the dream was Jennifer. The Sight of Jennifer reminds Mantis he has to say alive to one day find what had happened to her. What???? What happened????? Oh ya my stuppid Ork mind thought of a ward when the spirit told me we where going to hit a mana barrier. Well odds are I'm never going to make that mistake twice. I'm lucky I'm not swimming my way to hell right now. Mantis tries to get himself situated on where he was and who was here.

[spoiler]
Perception test
Perception visual 1 (3) + INT 2 = 3(5)  (will roll all 5 drop any dice off the end that shouldn't be there.)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4302920/ 3 hits

[ /spoiler]
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #34 on: <11-13-13/1405:28> »
____Lumen_____
"Fuck, I wish. Tidy lil gaff this is. Private beach an' everythin. Drone said the fridge is fully stocked, but we're no outta this yet pal. Me and thee are gonna have tae scuttle the boat. Coastguard will have radar traces of us and come sun up, them dog walking fuckers are gonna get on their links and get blabbing about where we're hidin'.
The ECG trace beeps merrily across the medkit's screen in the background as the drone sets to work on Mantis; jabbing an autoinjector into his left wrist.
Moments later, Mantis seems to stir to life a bit, weakly opening his eyes and reaching for his head, clearly disoriented.

"I'll be fine for now pal, come on, lets go blow this fucker up."
Dunk reaches for your arm to help him up off the sofa, swallowing a couple of painkillers down once tentatively balanced on his good foot.
"I need you to set a couple of grenades on a long timer and pop em into the engine hatch. Get off the boat sharpish. I'll pilot it out remotely into deeper waters and it'll sink. Hopefully."

« Last Edit: <11-13-13/1532:48> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #35 on: <11-13-13/1412:46> »
___Mantis____
You open your eyes and can just about make out the metallic form of a drone hovering near you. a soft rythmic beeping comes somewhere from your left and your right hand feels sticky as it touches your head.
A thick reddy-brown substance cloys your finger tips, it looks like old blood.
Your memory starts to come back to you, you'd been on the boat, and had been fighting. but you can't for the life of you remember what you were fighting for. It must have been important...

A smooth and nearly-metahuman voice emanates from the fuzzily outlined drone near you. "You appear to be awake. I am administering medical attention, you are hurt. Please can you tell me your name?

___Lumen___
As you head out onto the lawn, you can hear the drone talking to Mantis
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #36 on: <11-13-13/1601:07> »
"Good point let's get it done so I can get proper pissed."  With a groan Knives makes it to his feet and gives Dunk a hand up.  As they're leaving he turns to look when the drone speaks, *Good.  That last thing I need right now is to dig a grave one handed.*

He follows Dunk back to the boat and carefully climbs back on deck. "Alright mate where do you keep the grenades?"
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #37 on: <11-13-13/1612:04> »
"There's an emergency kit bag under the pilots console. pop the hatch by your right foot, grab the pistol out of it and the survival kit too. Might come in handy."
The sound of the waves gently lapping at the hull and on to the beach was all there was to hear, aside from your heavy, clumsy footsteps on the wooden deck. It was the most relaxing sound you'd heard in what felt like weeks. Considering the whole shit situation with the Maxwell boys, the warehouse and being stuck in that dump out in Essex, you felt like you'd earned a good holiday.
The momentary peace was shattered by a persistent vibrating from inside the damaged fibers of your drysuit. Ripping the last of it off, you thumb around for your commlink:

<<Anon>>//Good, you're alive. I see you made it to the safehouse. Interpol have just issued an arrest warrant and authorised use of deadly force against you.
Take the car from the garage and get moving. Attached are the co-ordinates of a second safehouse, further inland. I'll meet you there in the morning, bring the data at all costs.// {Mapsoft co-ords attached}

___Mantis____

Through the haze and disorientation, you feel a vibration in your right pocket.

« Last Edit: <11-13-13/1623:20> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #38 on: <11-13-13/1627:13> »
Knives forwards the message to Mantis and nods at Dunk.  As he is grabbing the pistol and survival kit he updates Dunk, "Just got an update.  Once we're done here we need to take the car in the garage and head to another safehouse."  He then moves up to the pilot's console and looks about for the emergency kit.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #39 on: <11-13-13/1701:45> »
You find the hatch and pop it open, grabbing the two grenades in it and stuffing the pistol into your belt line.
The grenades themselves are a bit baffling, looking like some cold war museum piece.
[spoiler]
Choose one to roll:
Log + demolitions/Log + throwing weapons/Log + armourer/Log + applicable knowledge skill (eg military)
-3 wound mods in effect.
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #40 on: <11-13-13/1801:47> »
[Spoiler]
Man you know how to hit Knives where it hurts... right in the logic lol.
Logic 2 + Thrown Weapons 3 - DM 3 = 2d6
2d6.hits(5)=0
There we have it, crit glitch, and we're off to a great start.
[/spoiler]
Knives' eyebrow raises just about to his hair line and he turns to look down at Dunk, "The fuck is this mate?  I thought you said you had grenades."
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #41 on: <11-13-13/1820:57> »
Mantis eyeballs the drone asking for his name. Drek you tell you my name who knows what metahuman is behind you taking notes. As Mantis tries to get his throbbing head to think up a fake name his pocket starts to vibrate. Great time to see who the hell wants me. Mantis does his best to get his comm link to pick up the call.
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #42 on: <11-14-13/0727:37> »
___Lumen____
Don't get all fussy you southern twat. It might be old, but it'll still go bang. Twist the top half as far as it'll go and get the fuck off mae boat.

__Scawire___
You dig around in your pockets, searching for the commlink and manage to get it out and view the screen.

<<Anon>>//Good, you're alive. I see you made it to the safehouse. Interpol have just issued an arrest warrant and authorised use of deadly force against you.
Take the car from the garage and get moving. Attached are the co-ordinates of a second safehouse, further inland. I'll meet you there in the morning, bring the data at all costs.// {Mapsoft co-ords attached}

The drone insists on a response;
Please sir, this is important. I need to check for concussion due to your head trauma. Please tell me your name and age.
« Last Edit: <11-14-13/0730:04> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Sillasion

• Newb
  • O R'lyeh?
« Reply #43 on: <11-14-13/0746:38> »
Her eyebrow perks and a huge grin creeps over her tattooed lips as the man claims the establishment.
*Zer is no telling if zer is truth to zis - but if zere is, hell - I may as vell drink to zis anyway!*
She pours herself another shot and slams it back.
((French)) "Actually, the race sounds like it was just getting good when the last lap started." She lets out a laugh.
As the taller man speaks up again, she rolls her head to peer over her shoulder and see what he's looking at, but quickly turns her attention back to the two of them at the mention of work.
*Vork?!*
As her attention and thoughts turn back to the two, a glisten sparks in her eye and she throws her hands to the air in a grand gesture, "Yes! I am all for this!"
"To absent friends, lost loves, old Gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us give the Devil his due."
~Hob

"Speech"
*Thought*
<Matrix>
{{Astral}}

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #44 on: <11-14-13/0750:58> »
"Long as the bloody things still work I ain't fussin.  Here's to you jock."  Knives gives the top of each grenade a good twist and tosses then down the engine hatch.  He quickly hops off the boat back into the freezing water and gives it a good shove with his one good arm.  Once the boat is dislodged from the beach he walks over and stands next to Dunk and watch the show.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>