NEWS

[IC] Crash and Burn: Chapter I

• 51 Replies

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <10-26-13/0233:28> »
Fang carefully went over the info on Dead Headzzz. Seemed clean and safe, and he wasn't in bad relations with the Triads. There certainly was a lot of information from his searching, perhaps he could go over it later when he wasn't  in the meeting. As he was going over the information, a message popped up in his field of vision from his lover.

@Axel: Alright love. Be careful and  I'll hopefully  see you soon! Miss you too, want me to find the plans for the machine? It was silly really, Axel could much better take care of himself than Fang could; the other changeling had grown up in Sioux after all and went through the proper military training. But Fang worried nonetheless.

He considered the oddity of something messing with his browsing of the matrix. It had felt rather  strange, but perhaps he was imagining things.  Still, he'd need to be cautious. Suddenly he felt a vibration through the cube, which made him much more suspicious. he brought up a clawed hand beside his face as an odd visor seemed to come over his eyes, while he looked at the node through the Analytical filter of his Analyze complex form.

[spoiler]Optional action - Analyze:Computer (4) + Analyze (6) + HotSim (2) + Technomancer (2) (14d6.hits(5)=5)[/spoiler]

As the window popped up, he sent a response in the affirmative as the 5000 nuyen transferred to his credit account.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

cr4kp0t

• Omae
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #46 on: <10-26-13/0736:04> »
>> Well then fine gents if there is nothing more I shall meet you at the club. When are we meeting?

High-Ball waits for a response before logging off form the node and awakening form his prostrate state in his lair.

[11-11-2075|01:03:00|High-Ball's lair]

As he awoke to the dampness clinging in his throat he sat and reviewed the information on the club and the took a look at the information provided by his new Mr. J.

It certainly seemed too good to be true but something still felt off and as that queasy feeling wretched at his gut he knew he'd need feed again soon. It probably ought to be before the run, he wouldn't want to start feeding on a colleague after all.

With his hunger preying on his mind  he prepared his gear and went out into the steely night as the brisk cool air bit on his pale skin.
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <10-26-13/0841:57> »
>> As quickly as possible I would say," eye said as she accepted the transfer, >> the faster we meet, the faster we can get started.  Twisted came up with the location, so he probably knows it best and can tell us which time is the best.  We should also exchange commcodes.  Mr. Johnson, can you also give us a commcode where we can reach you should we have information or additional questions?
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <10-26-13/1718:17> »
The club is open at all times, but tends to have its slowest business, after about 6 am till about lunch time, I would avoid those hours, but any other time is good, there is always a decent crowd to provide a little moving camouflage... Unless anyone else feels a more pressing need should we say 1pm today ???
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #49 on: <10-27-13/0803:28> »
Wagner loaded the address into his mapsoft and calculated a route.
>> Okay, will be there. <<
His toy robot icon vanished from the node.

Back in meat form, he looked at his girls and with much sadness in his voice announced that he probably couldn't bring all of them. The drones remained motionless but he knew them well enough to understand they didn't like it either.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <10-27-13/1248:42> »
>> okay, I'll be there," Eye said.  After exchanging commcodes she logged out and awoke in her lodge.  After taking care of her body she started to do some research in the event to see what magical things could have caused it, using her pocket mage library.

[spoiler]
Arsenal p67 gives the following rules for using the pocket mage library:
Whenever a character with a PocketMage enters a query regarding paranormal critters, spirits, or magic use, she can make a Data Search + Rating using the Data Search rules on p. 220, SR4. PocketMage searches have an interval of 1 Initiative Pass.

So I've made 20 rolls to start with, to see if I can find possible explanations for the event described by using magic (spells, spirits, other)

datasearch 1 + magical 2 + library 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=1, 6d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=3, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=3)

[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <10-27-13/1636:37> »
"Ready to go anytime." Concrete decided that it was enough of his questions. He didn't want the Johnson to do anything funny while they were in the matrix.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake