NEWS

Mage/Doctor

• 21 Replies

Rythymhack

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <10-09-13/2104:45> »
I had asked that once and got told no. Was there a clarification I missed? (I assume so).

sinbroker

• Newb
  • growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
« Reply #16 on: <10-09-13/2154:00> »
another question...during chargen....if i take exceptional attibute (magic) do i have to use karma to raise it to seven or my one special attibute point from race "E"??

i would prefer Not to spend 35 karma right off the bat...:):)

sinbroker

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #17 on: <10-09-13/2215:14> »
another question...during chargen....if i take exceptional attibute (magic) do i have to use karma to raise it to seven or my one special attibute point from race "E"??

i would prefer Not to spend 35 karma right off the bat...:):)

sinbroker

sorry kiddo, but the Exceptional attribute just increases your MAX rating, it doesn't actually give you an extra point. So yes, you gotta spend the Karma :(
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Rythymhack

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <10-09-13/2219:51> »
Actually, no. If you chose magic a (gives you magic 6) and exceptional attribute, you can in fact use your "special attribute points" to raise it the last one to 7. (again, there could have been a clarification I missed). Granted it isnt a mage, but the example in the book got exceptional attribute str and used stat points to reach 7. Same principle. Note however, the example DID involve getting GM approval.
« Last Edit: <10-09-13/2222:48> by Rythymhack »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #19 on: <10-10-13/0630:42> »
I had asked that once and got told no. Was there a clarification I missed? (I assume so).
One of the peeps posted it once. Might have been Bull, or Patrick, Iforget.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

sinbroker

• Newb
  • growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
« Reply #20 on: <10-10-13/1010:18> »
morning again....

well ive kinda revamped my mage/doctor idea

here  is what i have right now

Magic A
Skills B
Atrrib C
Resources D
race E

Body 2, Agi 4, Rea 3, Str 1, Wil 4, Log 4, Int 4, Cha 2, Essencse 6

Qualities

Bilingual (elvish)
Exeptional Att. ( magic)
Photographic memory

allergy (common, severe)
SINner (national)

Magic 7 (six from magic a, one special attribute point from race e)

Skills (active)

spellcasting 6 (5 from magic a, 1 skill point)

alchemy 6 (5 from magic a , 1 skill point)

Biotech Group 5

Assensing 4

counterspelling 6

Banishing 4

Sneak 3

Pistol 4

Gymnastics 3

Perception 2

Etiqutte 3 (5)(street) (4 skill points)

Performance 2 (singing)

Bike 2

KNOWLEGDE SKILLS

Magic theory 4

Awakened Biology 3

Contract law 3

Runner haunts 2

Business 4

English <N>, Elvish <N>

current karma 25

so how does it look now...???

sinbroker

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-12-13/0545:23> »
With 16 attribute points I find your stats decently spread out, although I would try to raise strength to 2 through karma. Sadly that still leaves you with a physical limit of a mere 3. To reach physical limit of 4  leave charisma at 1, use that point to increase either body or reaction by 1 point, then use a further 10 karma to raise charisma back up to 2. Although then you have already spent 20 karma on attributes :-\ Or you could just accept to loose some successes when rolling gymnastic and sneaking. But if you elect to just raise your strength by 1, then an increased reflexes spell, would allow you to sneak better.

Normally I wouldnt take banishing over summoning, but in your case I find its defensive application fitting (and its no fun to just make yet another vanilla character) and by using a mere 2 karma points you could get summoning 1 and summon small force1/2 assistants.

Regarding your spells and preparations. Id take preparations that would normally require sustaining, increased reflexes, combat sense, levitate, armour etc.
Id prefer having heal as a spell, maybe also as a preparation.. but that might be overkill. I wouldnt take stabilize, while its a very fitting spell for a doctor, its just inferior to your first aid skill and a trauma patch.

The thing to remember is that spells in the healing category cant be touch triggered, but spells from other categories can. This means you can easily help your ninja buddy by giving him an armour/levitate preparation and then he can choose when to reach into the pouch and buff himself. But he cant heal himself, as he cant trigger command preparations.
BUT thats not necessarily bad, image you have given your ninja scout buddy a levitate(touch) and a heal(command, the only one it can have) preparation. He is to scout ahead of the rest of the party, and use levitate to get the hell out of there if he is discovered. Sadly 15 minutes after he left your party his biomonitor flashes a lot of warning signs on your image link, luckily you also have his position from the party decker. You immediately goes astral, travels to his location and while still being astrally projecting, you command his heal preparation to heal him, and then you stunbolt the hell outta those ghouls while he levitates away.

While a bear mentor spirit might not be fitting to your concept, remember you can always choose another name for it, like protection. You might also look at firebringer mentor spirit, or one of its alternative names, like generosity.

With 50k resources you might wanna look into either a spell foci or an alchemy foci, but that also costs karma :-\