NEWS

[SR5] Puppeteer (not about how broken it may be, just about how it works)

• 22 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <08-29-13/0123:06> »
Keep in mind that Puppeteer is also basically a stun. On the person's next action, they do what you said instead of doing anything else.I think a person would be aware of what they themselves are doing. Its also a bit of a balance thing.

This is incorrect.  It is not the person that does the thing, but the person's device.  Depending on the specific nature of the action, there's no reason to assume that they'd notice - for example, there's no reason to assume that a person would notice an Invite Mark action.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-29-13/0230:33> »
"Each complex form entry has a Target describing what it works on. A complex form with a Device target can also be used to target a persona."

"You push Resonance commands into a target, forcing it to perform a Matrix action."

"If you’re the owner of a device, file, persona, host, or IC program, you can offer other icons the opportunity to put a mark on your device, file, etc"

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-30-13/0950:23> »
Which is really still unclear. Does Puppeteer make the device believe its owner issued a command to allow a mark? I'd be inclined to believe that. If Puppeteer can't make the technomancer impersonate the owner (4 marks) then it can't do any of the 1-3 mark commands either, as you'd need to use it on someone with that level of access then.

Which makes it nigh-useless for its l+4 immense fading.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <08-30-13/0957:40> »
If you use puppeteer on a persona then it is also basically a stun (as RHat stated).

Unahim

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <08-30-13/1052:31> »
It's still very limited functionality for such an expensive CF. Not having it work unless the relevant persona is around tanks its versatility.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <08-30-13/1247:25> »
There's literally no reason for Puppeteer to have it's Fading Code - comparable (but better!) spells are much easier of the caster.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #21 on: <08-30-13/1400:15> »
There's literally no reason for Puppeteer to have it's Fading Code - comparable (but better!) spells are much easier of the caster.
I find a lot of the fading codes to be a bit, uh, high?
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <08-30-13/1523:07> »
I find a lot of the fading codes to be a bit, uh, high?

I have this sneaking suspicion that Drain codes were similarly high at one point, and that someone forgot to readjust Drain codes.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites