NEWS

[SR5] Noise and Wireless Bonuses

• 48 Replies

T-Hatchet

• Chummer
« Reply #45 on: <08-18-13/0846:22> »
Reading this thread has given me the mental image of a runner wired tight with used cyberware Reaction Enhancers rating 3 and Wired Reflexes 2 suffering major initiative slowdown while at a concert due to excessive spam on the grid. "The lag there was so bad even my meat was lagging!"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #46 on: <08-18-13/1520:26> »
Preeeeeetty much. :P
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #47 on: <08-18-13/1809:18> »
I'm with Giraffe in hoping Noise just seems more prevalent than it really is, but "Sprawl Downtown" seems like someplace not so hard to end up in.  On the other hand, The Barrens is a very common place for runs to happen (or so I feel) and that has 2 noise, while just heavy rain (this game takes place in Seattle) means nobody's weapons are being wireless anymore.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #48 on: <08-18-13/1812:39> »
That wouldn't necessarily be heavy rain though. Light or medium, sure, but heavy? That wouldn't happen that often, and likely be done purely for dramatic effect.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!