NEWS

Newbie looking for a game, 4e, Online, around GMT.

• 4 Replies

LordFrigid

• Newb
« on: <08-11-13/0558:29> »
I was introduced to Shadowrun about a week ago, and I've been steadily working my way through multiple character creations and guides since.  I've played one game, which I dropped out of midway due to time constraints.
I have a preference towards Magicians, though I don't mind playing as an AI either, and taking the role of Decker/Rigger.  If push comes to shove I will take a dedicated combat role, though the character I'm making for that isn't finished yet.

I'm looking for an online game, it can be over Skype, Teamspeak though I don't have a server, MapTool which I have no experience with, or Roll20 which I have even less experience with.  I do not plan to use any sort of webcam, though if you want to do so I'm fine with that.  I'm fine with either voice or text chat.
My schedule is pretty open, so I'm usually free between 12pm and 11pm, the later it gets obviously making for a shorter game.  My schedule doesn't discriminate between days, it's purely based on daylight time.

I know enough of the basics to get by, my main weaknesses lie in the details of gameplay, the geography of the world, and knowledge of the movers and shakers.
I won't sugarcoat it, I'll probably be a lot slower on the draw than more experienced players, so I'll need to be led a fair bit here and there.

So yeah, that's my request.  I've probably missed some things but going further is getting too close to ensuring at least one tl;dr.

Ronin

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-13-13/0709:00> »
I am currently planning a campaign using SR4 rules but not set in the Shadowrun universe. It is set in the Android universe so its still cyberpunk. It will be a future noir blade runner style murder mystery where everyone plays some kind of investigator, whether police, freelance, corporate or bounty hunter. A decker would fit in this setting nicely but unfortunately there will be no magic or different races. I only have the core book, augmentation, runner's companion and Arsenal so I'm not really sure how an AI works

We are all newbies (well I GM'd a couple of games but I haven't played in nearly two years) so I don't think there will be any frustration between experienced players and new ones. We are also GMT. If you want to play then you are welcome, its starting in a week or so as one player is currently down south building fences with no internet access. I also have to think of what all the clues will be.

LordFrigid

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <08-14-13/0412:17> »
I'd by lying if I said I wasn't interested.  There are a couple of things though.
What's the planned schedule like, a game a week, two over the weekend, one every day at 6pm, what?
Does the Matrix exist in more or less the same form and use more or less the same rules in this universe?
And if you want I do have a digital copy of the 4e rules on AI that I typed up, if you want I could send them to you.  I also have a catalog of Droids from This Old Droid, just in case I want to use anything from there.
Thanks, Hei.   ;)

Ronin

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-14-13/0838:01> »
A darker than black fan, eh?  ;D

As for the schedule, that's still to be decided. The other two players have erratic schedules but I think we discussed this a short while back. I believe we decided that instead of having set runs each day or so we'd do something a little more fluid. Since this is a long ongoing murder mystery campaign then you can post your character's actions at any time. Clues will lead to more clues and it'll be mostly up to the player to decide how to chase these leads up. I will point the players in the right direction if my clues are too cryptic. If you've ever played Mafia on a forum then you'll know what I mean but I must admit I'm doing a poor job explaining it.

As for the matrix, the Net is very much like cyberspace in William Gibson books. This means that it's close enough to SR's matrix that the same rules apply without any changes. I'd love to have those digital rules and see a corporate AI detective in this game...or even a rogue AI.

To give you a flavour of what the world is like, I'll create some dossiers on Megacorps, a short history and important NPC's and locations. In short, it'll be played between the Earth city of New Angeles and the Luna city of Heinlein.

LordFrigid

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-14-13/1612:24> »
I seem to have misplaced my write-up on the rules somehow...  I have a pdf copy of Unwired, but I don't think I'm permitted to share it or any of the pages, so nyeh.
I've never played Mafia, but I get the gist of what you're planning I believe.
Maybe I'll spend a couple of days compiling the relevant stuff from Unwired that applies to my character, and then forward it to you, but if you can think of a more eloquent solution I'm all ears.

Register