NEWS

what happened to DMSO ?

• 10 Replies

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« on: <08-16-13/0513:37> »
Hey I noticed DMSO is gone. I wanted to know if its coming back and what happened to it ?
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-16-13/0516:11> »
Actually, the Super Squirt uses it.  But, as was the case with SR4, you probably won't see it as a thing on its own until Run and Gun (the new Arsenal).  Really, this applies to just about all "What happened to [thing from splatbook" questions.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #2 on: <08-16-13/0517:14> »
Actually, the Super Squirt uses it.  But, as was the case with SR4, you probably won't see it as a thing on its own until Run and Gun (the new Arsenal).  Really, this applies to just about all "What happened to [thing from splatbook" questions.

Oh ok I was just about to ask about the Capsule rounds also but ok .I guess I will wait. Thanks for the answer :)
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-16-13/0758:00> »
Here's hoping they don't bring back KE IV - from what I read on the forums, too many people abused it by going "sure, it only does 8 damage if ingested, but DMSO converts it to Contact, so it does 8 damage to them anyway".

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-16-13/0844:01> »
Kinda need that stuff for the bugs...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-16-13/0847:05> »
Considering how extreme some of the suggestions by people on here have been, "make mundanes all but unable to fight bug spirits in Season 5 of Missions" is maybe 20th percentile, really.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-16-13/0850:38> »
It's sad that I can't argue that....
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #7 on: <08-18-13/0939:02> »
Mundanes should be able to fight bug spirits. Personally I don't think they should ever really take anything about because abuse can only happen if a GM lets it happen.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <08-18-13/1519:40> »
"It already is contact, so DMSO won't matter for KE IV. It will only be harmful for people when ingested, period, so DMSO won't work." Any player who wants to disagree with that can bite me.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-18-13/1703:48> »
Mundanes should be able to fight bug spirits. Personally I don't think they should ever really take anything about because abuse can only happen if a GM lets it happen.

Aside from the basic "Shoot it until it stops twitching" option, th ereally tough ones can be hosed down with basic insecticide. That's a kryptonite that they can't get away from.

Yet.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <08-18-13/1723:20> »
I ran the math with Brothers United (Missions Season 4) and spraying the bugs with APDS would result in the same damage on average as spraying them with KE IV, while KE IV came with allergy penalties and ongoing damage. Hello KE IV bullets that we're buying en-mass from Bull because clearly he'd have a stockpile and this NPC has just shitty supplies!
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!