NEWS

Seeking Enlightenment - Can You Answer These Questions?

• 253 Replies

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #45 on: <08-11-13/2327:06> »
as in... "You're sending the Wolf? Shit Negro, that's all you had to say!"
As in.  Like I said, a cleaner.

Impressed me so much I created a niche organization ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

TonyK

• Chummer
  • 20 year on-and-off SR fan...
« Reply #46 on: <08-12-13/1430:13> »

Check out the Missions book for that info. There's is an entire Adventure hook that talks about the photos and those "in the know". Of course, being and adventure hook, it leaves the big questions unanswered, allowing you or your GM to fill in the blanks.

The Missions book was excellent. Just what I was looking for. Thanks, FastJack.
Which one is the Missions book?  Didn't sound like the SR MIssions series...
My fave quote from SRR: "Damn you Mike Pondsmith"

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <08-12-13/1613:46> »
FAS7325 - Missions. It was for the alternate campaigns first introduced in the 2nd Edition Shadowrun Companion. One of the adventures was for the media campaign, and it was investigating Project: Cydonia.

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <08-12-13/1801:16> »
Actually, the Cydonia campaign was a Corporate campaign - you worked for AresSpace.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #49 on: <08-13-13/1633:20> »
here is another...

9) Was there ever any significant storyline surrounding Thomas Roxborough and his strange brain-in-a-jar condition? Is he still an Azzie shareholder? Is he still in a vat? Has he ever caused problems for runners? I was able to pick up that he was a Decker... does he have an online name?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #50 on: <08-13-13/1656:04> »
here is another...

9) Was there ever any significant storyline surrounding Thomas Roxborough and his strange brain-in-a-jar condition? Is he still an Azzie shareholder? Is he still in a vat? Has he ever caused problems for runners? I was able to pick up that he was a Decker... does he have an online name?

Roxy hasn't really been seen or heard of since Crash 2.0 ... we know that he lived through it, but nothing beyond that. He still has Azzie shares, but his big investment is in Universal Omnitech out of Vancouver. I don't think that he's an Aztechnology board member anymore, however... the breakup between UO and Aztechnology was pretty tense. As someone that's spent every waking hour in the Matrix for thirty years-ish, he's an *astoundingly* good Decker. He tends to use his real name instead of a handle online. (Unless you buy into the rumors that he's FastJack, of course.)

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #51 on: <08-13-13/1706:43> »
He couldn't be Fastjack, right? The into the Shadows book indicates that Brandon Cross met with Fastjack in Denver in the 2050's in person... That would have been long after Thomas liquefied...

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <08-13-13/1720:27> »
He couldn't be Fastjack, right? The into the Shadows book indicates that Brandon Cross met with Fastjack in Denver in the 2050's in person... That would have been long after Thomas liquefied...

It's very unlikely, but it's a rumor. Damien Knight  is another one that gets accused of being FastJack.

Maddoux1

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <08-13-13/1755:41> »
My favorite is that Ard Bell is FastJack.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #54 on: <08-13-13/1809:30> »
I thought fastback was born in 1999? Art bell was already ancient in '99.

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #55 on: <08-13-13/1814:33> »
Nah, there's enough material about Fastjack out and about that he can't be Roxborough.

Roxborough left Aztechnology's board shortly after Crash 2.0, apparently with some ill feelings towards them - he works full-time with UO now.

Maddoux1

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <08-13-13/1831:34> »
I thought fastback was born in 1999? Art bell was already ancient in '99.

Elves, yo.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #57 on: <08-14-13/1100:00> »

It's very unlikely, but it's a rumor. Damien Knight  is another one that gets accused of being FastJack.
???

Really?
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #58 on: <08-14-13/1218:03> »

???

Really?
Numerous times. But we all know he's David Gavilan.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #59 on: <08-14-13/1232:46> »
Fastjack is David Gavilan?  ;D