NEWS

Seeking Enlightenment - Can You Answer These Questions?

• 253 Replies

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #210 on: <05-18-15/2000:12> »
30) Anyone know what happened to the Decker "Jack the Ripper" from the Whitechapel Rose story in Into the Shadows?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #211 on: <05-19-15/0036:02> »
Fairly confident Jack is alive by the end of Whitechapel Rose at least; if I remember correctly, he celebrates success with Emily at the conclusion of that particular short story.

I'd have to go back to the book to confirm, though.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #212 on: <06-24-15/1143:49> »
31) Is there any confirmation regarding the relationship between King Berthold of the Troll Kingdom and the Great Dragon Kaltenstein? Further, does anyone have any insight as to the reason why Lofwyr and Nebelherr fought Kaltenstein to prevent him from rescuing Feuerschwinge? The accounts are vague on the why...

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #213 on: <06-24-15/2044:22> »
31) Is there any confirmation regarding the relationship between King Berthold of the Troll Kingdom and the Great Dragon Kaltenstein? Further, does anyone have any insight as to the reason why Lofwyr and Nebelherr fought Kaltenstein to prevent him from rescuing Feuerschwinge? The accounts are vague on the why...

This is pure speculation on my part.

Odds are Nebelherr got a good look at the SOX earlier and knew it was a toxic zone and would kill or at least corrupt any dual natured being, counting dragons. Once Feuerschwinge got shot down, Nebelherr probably knew that Kaltenstein would try to save her. I believe that Harlequin hints that Kaltenstein and Feuerschwinge were mated in Dragons of the Sixth World, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, Nebelherr didn't want a great toxic dragon, so attempted to stop Kaltenstein from entering the SOX and probably just assumed Feuerschwinge was dead or that the mana warp inside the SOX would finish her off. Nebelherr being only an adult couldn't possibly stop Kaltenstein himself, so called in a favor to Lofwyr to help stop old Cold Stone.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #214 on: <06-24-15/2201:54> »
31) Is there any confirmation regarding the relationship between King Berthold of the Troll Kingdom and the Great Dragon Kaltenstein?
Kaltenstein may have been an advisor to King Berthold, but he wasn't King Berthold. Kalteinstein's form is of a different, large troll with a limp (He has the limp in his true form, which he got from crash landing during his fight with the other dragons).

Further, does anyone have any insight as to the reason why Lofwyr and Nebelherr fought Kaltenstein to prevent him from rescuing Feuerschwinge? The accounts are vague on the why...
That's the running theory.

Kaltenstein's entry in the German Street Legends also suggests that Nebelherr was involved because he is one of Kaltenstein's vassals, and so his "attacks" on the Great Dragon was his way of stopping his master from getting hurt. He was basically the other Pikers trying to keep Brad Pitt from running into his mom's trailer fire to rescue her in Snatch.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #215 on: <06-25-15/0033:21> »
is that ONLY in the German version? Is there a translation available?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #216 on: <06-25-15/0051:45> »
is that ONLY in the German version?
Yes. There are entries for Kaltenstein, Nebelherr, Monika Stüeler-Waffenschmidt, and the KonWatch decker group.

Is there a translation available?
No.
« Last Edit: <06-25-15/0053:30> by Crimsondude »

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #217 on: <06-25-15/0106:47> »
No.

I really wish CGL would bring over some of the German books. I'd really like to read up on modern 2070's Berlin and see what Coldstone's been up to.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #218 on: <06-25-15/0116:06> »
is that ONLY in the German version?
Yes. There are entries for Kaltenstein, Nebelherr, Monika Stüeler-Waffenschmidt, and the KonWatch decker group.

No.

Humbug.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #219 on: <06-25-15/0207:20> »
You piqued my interest, and I'm translating the Nebelherr doc again since I don't want to dig through my backup for the old one that never got used. The two entries are connected and this one seems more relevant. But the gist is, yeah, Nebelherr is one of Kaltenstein's vassals and tried to stop Kaltenstein from doing something stupid. When he failed (and got fucked up in the process) he sought help from Lofwyr, who was able to stop the bigger dragon.

Opti

• Freelancer
  • Omae
« Reply #220 on: <06-25-15/0215:43> »
By "something stupid," I am gathering that it would be bad for everyone, not just Kaltenstein and Nebelherr. Nebelherr wants to save Kaltenstien from toxic harm, and Lofwyr wants Nebelherr in his back pocket and to not start a war with humanity right out of the gate. Sound about right?

PS. thanks for the help.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #221 on: <06-25-15/0223:16> »
Seems that way. Losing Feuerschwinge is bad enough. Having Kaltenstein go into the SOX and either or both later emerging while irradiated or worse would bring far too much heat on dragonkind right out of the gate.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #222 on: <06-25-15/0227:24> »
Hmm. A lot of this information seems to be a rehash their respective entries in Dragons of the Sixth World. There are some interesting twists, though.

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #223 on: <06-25-15/0317:54> »
29) To add a bit of whats already been said in regards to Mag Mell and it's location. I believe that 6th World Almanac talks about several mystical islands off the western coast of Tir Na Nog, as far as i recall, they made it sound like these islands were Alchera phenomena.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #224 on: <06-25-15/0319:39> »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

> There were even paternity suits filed by wannabe starlets against Nebelherr that always failed. If even a quarter of the rumors are true, he regularly unleashed the dragon.
> Snow-WT