NEWS

My players thrashed me. A little help for a new GM?

• 64 Replies

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <08-05-13/1359:59> »
thats another valid method of handling micromanging NPCs. However whats the difference between that one and fudging the dices? Does the players have access to the rolls, meaning they can see if the next bad guy is gonna fail or succeed? or is all behind the screen? I ask because i never see that in play

If it's done right, you'd never know if someone was doing it.

whats the difference from fudging the dices? One normally dont make obvious the fudging

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <08-05-13/1701:37> »
thats another valid method of handling micromanging NPCs. However whats the difference between that one and fudging the dices? Does the players have access to the rolls, meaning they can see if the next bad guy is gonna fail or succeed? or is all behind the screen? I ask because i never see that in play
whats the difference from fudging the dices? One normally dont make obvious the fudging
Are you seriously asking what the difference is between fudging the die rolls and having a computer program pre-generate them? How about the fact that only one of them is cheating?

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <08-05-13/1902:45> »

You're still letting the digital dice fall where they may.  The pregenerated numbers, for example, could have 14 6's in a row.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Shamie

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <08-05-13/1908:25> »

You're still letting the digital dice fall where they may.  The pregenerated numbers, for example, could have 14 6's in a row.

ohh i see. Its a nice idea for dealing with a lot of NPCs

Shade

• Chummer
« Reply #64 on: <08-06-13/0224:55> »
My advice for running a game is the same every time.
If you were a player in the game, what would you like to see happen?
That gives you an awesome starting point. From there, you just adjust to the different tastes of your players.