NEWS

[IC] In the Land of the Falling Sun

• 766 Replies

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <07-22-13/0205:24> »
@Pipebomb

Your order is met with a "かしこまりました" and a bow.

[spoiler]You take a look at Yaibei, noticing he is an Ork, but with a rather strange complexion. He definitely looks different from the other Orks, but nothing to make you uncomfortable. You see he is carrying a blade.

You then turn your attention to Kuren, a rather normal-looking Japanese man in a trench coat, a hat and a cane. You immediately think he must've gotten his looks from "Pimp Detectives Monthy", but say nothing for now.[/spoiler]

@J & Kuren

[spoiler]As the tall man sits down on a chair, you hear the muffled sounds of something like candle sticks moving around under his trench coat.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <07-22-13/0222:20> »
Akio Gives a small bow to each individual in the room then takes the closest seat near him then takes a look around the room. 
[spoiler]3 Intuition 3 perception 2 enhanced perception + 3 vision enhance +3 actively looking.
14d6.hits(5)=3 room
14d6.hits(5)=4, (mr johnson)
14d6.hits(5)=3, Kuren
14d6.hits(5)=5 Fischer

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-22-13/0224:00> by Raiden »
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <07-22-13/0224:28> »
J is immediately nervous at the sound, he'd heard it in training. He is obviously on edge since pipebomb sat down to those in the room. Is the bulge really... it cant be... is this a trap.. a hit on the guy hiring us?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <07-22-13/0434:09> »
@Yaibei

[spoiler]Let me reference you to the other descriptions I gave earlier about the room and the other characters. You do notice some strange bulges in Pipebomb's coat.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Lumen

• Ace Runner
  • Lumen in Umbris
« Reply #34 on: <07-22-13/0624:41> »
Kuren bows slightly to other occupants, offering a deeper one to the Japanese man on the far side of the table. He takes a seat close to the door and eyes the gaijin as he sits.  *Surely he couldn't have gotten in without being searched.  He looks like be belongs on a warning poster.  What kind of drek have I gotten myself into now?*

Kuren quietly skims through the drink menu before ordering a Sapporo.
"Everything that is, casts a shadow" -Neil Gaiman.
"Speech"
*Thoughts*
<Matrix>
Knives Chapter 4 (5th edition) OOC: Pg 93.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <07-22-13/2126:54> »
@ Smiley

Talking to the girl sitting next to you (Jun, works in a retail shop close to Shibuya station), you forget why you came to the club. You ask the girl for her contact details and as you take your commlink to check it you realize it's already 9:28. You quickly stand up, tell the girl that you have to go but will surely see her around and walk to the VIP section. The bouncer, emotionless, takes your token and lets you go through with a "Dozo". As you walk into the room, you see 5 people, 4 of them on the same side of a table and one, a well-dressed Japanese man, sitting with a drink.

@ team

"Ah, one more makes it in the nick of time" says Mr. Tanaka. "Please, have a seat. The server will take your drink order if you want another one."
« Last Edit: <07-22-13/2153:34> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <07-22-13/2138:26> »
Looks like our last guy maybe... at least I wont be blown up alone... J shifts uncomfortably hoping that once things get underway this wont turn into a sequel to a trid he once saw.

Declaring counter-spelling for myself and the Johnson

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <07-22-13/2234:31> »
Smiley holds up his glass to the server, "Keep this glass full and both of us can be very happy Beautiful."  he throws her a grin and a wink. 

A respectful bow to Mr. Tanaka "I hope I have not delayed our business sir, the time was clear on my invitation."  He then takes a seat, his attention on the words and actions of the leader of the meeting.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <07-22-13/2247:54> »
With everyone present and drink orders filled, the man in the expensive suit dismisses the woman in the tuxedo. "I was expecting more, but this will have to do. You've all been contacted because you have certain skills that I require for a job. Here's the abbreviated version: for ¥5,000 a piece, I want you to investigate the circumstances of a death." Mr. Tanaka then takes out a pack of cigarettes, pulls one out and lights it. At that moment, as if rehearsed, the same server comes back in with an ashtray, crystal it seems, and puts it on the table next to Mr. Tanaka. She then immediately exits the VIP room as Mr. Tanaka says "Let me know if this interests you and we'll discuss the assignment in greater detail."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <07-22-13/2331:33> »
"I am interested. "

Raiden

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <07-22-13/2334:22> »
"of course, please continue sir" *stop wasting time, I wouldn't be here if I did not have a reason*
speech
Matrix
Actions
Thoughts

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <07-23-13/0129:22> »
Fischer nodded affirmatively at Tanaka, "You've got my interest." He waited expectantly, *What kind of investigation needs a demo man?*
« Last Edit: <07-23-13/0154:33> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <07-23-13/0218:09> »
@Mia

You wake up from a long night/morning in your bed. Wearing last night's clothes, you take a mouthful of whatever was in the bottle next to your bed. You notice your commlink flashing, meaning you got a message sometime between what you last remember and now. "Whatever it is, it'll have to wait for my shower" you tell yourself before going in the bathroom. After a quick (only 20 minutes) shower, you get out and ask that chick crashing on your couch if she'd be willing to pour you a cup of Soycaf. You get back to your room to plan your outfit when the commlink reminds you there's a message waiting.

[spoiler]From MacTavish:"Meow to you, Mia! I might have found you a gig tonight at Womb, but it's not musical. The meet is at 9:30, don't be late!"[/spoiler]

You look at the time and realize it's already 21:15
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Muscular_Bevar

• Chummer
« Reply #43 on: <07-23-13/0320:00> »
"Sunva!! Oi, Krystal, Gett that pasty white ass of yours off my couch and get me a damn soycaf, stat!!"
Mia rushes to her closet and pulls out a pair of tight fishnets, cutoffs and a white tank top throwing them on with the kind of energy only the chronically late can muster. She throws on a pair of knee high combat boots, and an old kahki  comabt vest goes over the top giving her pockets to drop her comm's into. She grabs the soykaf from Krystal and breathes it more than drinks it, and gives her a quick peck on the check "Got some biz babe, make sure no wrecks up the place to bad while im out" giving Krystal a quick peck on the check and an impish grin.
Mia looks at her comm as she steps out of the elevator into the underground carpark. 9:22 "Shit, Shit, Shit" as she straddles her Scorpion, settles her google over her eyes and with a satisfiying roar, rips out of the complex on her hog heading downtown towards the Womb.
"Well, that could have gone better"
Speech
Self thought
Matrix

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-23-13/0422:54> »
@ Mia

You get to the club entrance and look at the time. 21:34. The bouncer at the front door lets you in and you rush to the dance floor. "Who the fuck am I looking for?" you ask yourself, looking around.You notice a security guard blocking a side-room and decide that's your safest bet for the meeting. As you walk up to him, he blocks the entrance and tells you there's a private meeting going on. You try to reason with him, saying you were invited to a meeting, but he is adamant this is not the "meeting" you were invited to. As he tries to convince you to move on, a voice from inside says "Let her through" and the bouncer moves to the side. You get inside the second room and are greeted by a man sitting down at a black table, 5 other people sitting across from him. The well-dressed man beckons you to sit down and repeats the run's details for you.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix