NEWS

[Recruiting] In the Land of the Falling Sun

• 19 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <07-14-13/0248:06> »
...  Man, I'd love to play an adept with Yakuza tats as qi foci, though I do have a decent share of PbP action going...
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-14-13/1007:11> »
is there still room in the game?

red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-14-13/1038:49> »
You can submit a background and I'll consider it, but recruitment will be closed tomorrow morning Tokyo time (just in time for Dexter on the east coast).

Whomever wanted to submit a character concept for consideration, please do so before 19:00 Tokyo time on July 15th (I'll let you figure out when that is in your area).
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #18 on: <07-14-13/1639:21> »
Name: Yamada Taro
Alias: Robin Goodfellow
Team Role: Face (main), Infiltration (secondary)
Nationality: JIS
Ethnicity: Japanese
Metatype: Human
Background: Yamada-san was found wandering the streets one day by the Gekidan Shinkansen, a well known kabuki troop in tokyo, when he was a small boy. He knew nothing of his past or even how he came to be on the streets cold, naked and hungry on that day. Nameless and alone the leader of the troop took pitty upon him and after a few years of trying to help him find himself, adopted him into the troops life's style. It was here that he grew up, he discovered his talents as a mystic adept and perfected his craft. With his skills and magically abilities Yamada-San could be anyone he wanted to be except the one person he truly didn't know himself. When he turned 21 Yamada-san left the troop to find his own historical story, his Jidaimono. To the streets he once more fled and it is was here that he stayed to this day trying to find himself, useing his talents to help his team as a shadow runner.

Character outline: mystic adept who uses face molding and voice control as part social adept part social infiltrator. Also knows the spells of fashion, makeover to be able to change his total appearance on a whem. he can alter not only his facial structure and voice but also has control over the color of his skin and hair. He has also learned to be able to alter memories to fit into any situation as well as shapeshift into animals to blend into his surroundings no matter where he is at.

Well that is lowly based off of a character I play who is a person with amnesia but is also an escaped clone, though he doesn't know that. He is trying to find his past but he doesn't know that his past could get him killed. He is the clone of an executive of a megacorp, so also has famous family name, though he can't use that either as he doesn't know who he is. I was also putting the negative wanted on him, though he changes his features and looks often it is somewhat hard to find him as he is a ghost.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <07-14-13/1642:48> »
If you want to switch to 5th you'll need to give more time afterwards for rebuilding characters.
Also If it was 5th I wouldn't want to use J... I'd rather make a completely new gunslinger until I am used to 5th.

Here is the background in that case.

Name: Max Siegfried
Alias: Majuu
Team Role: Gunslinger, Adept, Possibly other usefullness once I get into the rules of 5th (Field Medic?)
Nationality: SK-P (Megacorp SIN)
Ethnicity: Japanese
Metatype: Ork
Background: Born into a Japanese family living in the Saeder-Krupp enclave in Germany, he was the only of his litter born with magical talent. He was fast tracked to the security program, being taught everything they could to one one move into either spec ops, heavy security, or field medic specialties. Then his parents were caught attempting to embezzle, the worst idea you can have when working for a treasure hording, magic, giant lizard. The family was punished and despite his aptitudes, Max was kicked out. He has since followed his heritage to Japan to try to make a new start, begrudgingly in the shadows. Trained in Corp Security he is apprehensive of going against the type of people who trained him but confident in his own skills and aware that corp sec usually wont kill runners.
He isn't too badly informed on syndicates from his corp upbringing, especially the Yakuza, who he wishes he could bond with if he wasn't an Ork. His gang knowledge is severely lacking though.